Realizing the Truth

A Game of Lies

Sorry for not updating :/
I was very busy with school.  So many test and quizzes for the past few weeks :/
Anyway, here's the update! I hope you enjoy it even thou it's a short one! 

 

With shaky hands, you slowly took out the black envelope that was sitting in your mailbox.  Opening up the envelope, you saw what was on the card.

CURRENT RESULTS

Jay Park :  +  $100 000 000
Park Hye Rin :  - $100 000 000

Currently you are losing.

*What… What’s this about? Didn't Jay say that this was all fake? I better call him up and ask again.* You thought to yourself.

 

“Yes Hye Rin? Huh? What did you say? You received what?” Jay shouted into the phone. “Aniyo! I think they must have found out that we know each other! Because of us working together, they can’t get the money right? So now what they want us to do is to suspect each other! So you must NOT believe what they say okay? Everything will be fine, so don’t worry too much okay?” Jay explained to you slowly.

“Erm… Then can I know where is the money now?” You asked nervously.

“The money? It’s already sleeping in the bank, where it’s safe. So you really don’t need to worry at all okay?” Jay told you sweetly.

“Hmm, okay then. I talk to you again! Good night and thanks for helping me!” You replied back happily, feeling relieved that the mail you had received was just a scam.

 

“Just why am I always deceived so easily by others? Jay is such a nice person and I actually doubted him.” You sigh. “Ahh! I know! I shall go over tomorrow and apologize for doubting him!”  You smiled.

 

~DING DONG~ ~DING DONG~

*Aissh. What is taking Jay so lon…* You were thinking halfway when you heard a voice coming from the garden and you slowly walk towards the voice.

“Hello, about the money you lent me… You’ll be able to have it back in a month’s time from now. Well, you know, my childhood friend of mine, just some sweet talking and that’s all it took for me to deceive her.” Jay chuckled into the phone.

You stopped dead in your track as you heard the last sentence that Jay said to the person that he was on the phone with.

“Yeah yeah! No worries! She would definitely fall for anything I tell her. Yupp! Indeed, she’s too honest for her own good.” Jay laughed loudly.

You were totally stunned after hearing what Jay said. You couldn’t believe your ears. Your childhood friend actually deceived you. He actually lied to you about everything that was currently happening.

“Don’t worry! I’ve gotten 100 million dollars from her. Yeah! 100 million, 100 million.” Jay laughter resounded through the whole garden.

 

~ Back at home ~

 You were totally devastated. Getting deceived of a 100 million dollars, by your very own childhood friend. You crouch down in the dark, silently crying to yourself. *How in the world am I supposed to get back the 100 million dollars? If I don’t get it back, how am I supposed to return the money I’ve lost?* You were blaming yourself for your naivety when you suddenly heard a *THUD* sound coming from your mailbox again.

*Not again? I don’t need this kind of stress and anxiety anymore!* You were feeling frustrated at how this game was turning out to be. You are losing and the consequence of this is having a big sum of debt which can never be cleared if you worked your whole life.

Taking a look at what was being sent to you, you found a DVD inside and you quickly popped the disc into your DVD player.

“Do you understand now, Hye Rin ssi? The player, Jay Park, managed to deceive you and obtained 100 million dollars from you. This is the “Entangled Lies”, a game for liars. If you fail to get the money before the end of the game, you will have to pay us back the 100 million dollars. We are going to retrieve the money at any cost. By hook or by crook, regardless of the means we have to use. WITHOUT FAILURE!” The dealer, Ricky explained to you.

You stared at your blank television screen and the truth hit you that this game was for real and everything that Jay told you was simply just a lie. A lie to let him get a hold of your money. *Just… Just what in the world have I gotten myself into?!*  “AHHHHHHHHHH!” You screamed in agony as you couldn’t take the stress anymore.

 

 

Yay! Hongki will be making his appearance in the next chapter!
Do subscribe and comments will definitely be loved to death! <3

Thank you! (: