Chapter 7 - My Heart

My Heart

……

 

DONGHAE!!! COME DOWN OVER HERE!!

 

Instinctively I tightened my grip on the railing and opened my eyes. The voice possessed that power. It’s the only voice on earth possessing that power…

 

Hyukkie…? But… how is that possible…?

 

I grabbed the railing as tight as I could until it pained me, so as to make sure I was not dreaming. Slowly and hesitantly I turned my head over my shoulder…

 

There was a young fellow. He was on his hands and knees. Moments later he looked up, catching his breath, pressing one hand on his chest. He looked more than exhausted with his face so pale.

 

Cautiously I climbed over and rushed towards him. “Are you OK?”

 

He looked at me. Sweat rolled down his forehead as he nodded.

 

I was actually a bit disappointed. What are you thinking Donghae? It would not be Hyukkie… Hyukkie is gone… It’s just not possible…

 

So this young fellow was probably a passer-by, even though I had no idea why one would drop by the roof top this early in the morning. And it so happened that his voice was like Hyukjae’s. Or again I was imagining his voice…

 

It’s not possible. Correct. Reality forever would be cruel and merciless. Good things could never last. Things could never be the same. NEVER!

 

I bit my lip and fought my tears back. No matter what that young fellow saved my life (for now). I should thank him and… probably take him to the hospital as his face still looked deathly pale.

 

“Let me carry you.” I said and started putting him onto my back.

 

......

 

“And God has granted me you…”

 

I gasped and halted. Hyukkie…

 

[Emotions were flipping inside me while I looked at him speechless. Moments later he came closer and rested his head on my chest. He closed his eyes and after a while he said. “God has not only granted me my dream. He has granted my birthday wish as well.”

 

Gently he hugged me tighter and continued. “My birthday wish was to make debut together with you Hyukkie. And that we will be in the same band group so that we will continue to stay together.”

 

I his hair with my hand. And God has granted me you…

 

Suddenly he jerked his head and looked at me with eyes wide open, wearing a surprised expression.

 

“What is it?” I looked at him concerned.

 

“I think I just heard your heart…” He whispered.

 

I couldn’t help but laughed at him being unpredictable and innocent. “How could that be possible Hae?”

 

“I heard it. I really heard it.” He pouted and rested his head on my chest again.]

 

Hyukkie… It’s Hyukkie!!! It’s not my imagination. It really is Hyukkie!!!

 

I would never forget that moment when I heard Hyukjae’s heart. Clearly I still remembered each and every single detail how it felt, how it sounded. When the final component of a circuit was set in place ripples of magical current just flowed through. At first I couldn’t believe it but I knew it’s real.

 

I heard it. I really heard it! And this time Hyukjae knew I could really hear his heart!

 

Tears streamed down my cheeks as realization sank in. Every part of my body was trembling with joy and excitement. And my heart was like dancing in the ribcage.

 

“Remember how much I love you Donghae. With all my heart, with EVERY SINGLE BEAT of my heart, I love you. Saranghaeyo!”

 

His heart was beating. Every pulse was filled with life and strength. That was the most wonderful melody ever. I smiled as I continued listening to his heartbeat. Every time it beat, Hyukjae was whispering “I love you” beside my ear.

 

Hyukkie… Thank you! I can’t believe you love me so much…

 

When the beating of our hearts echoed each other, I was immersed in the ocean of love. It was like I was in Hyukjae’s embrace, strong and secure and comforting and warm and overflowed with love. More tears escaped my eyes. Thank you Hyukkie…

 

Don’t be tricked Donghae. How’s that possible? I would never request something like that from you. Search your heart. Your heart knows me and it will tell you. Remember how things are when we are together. Remember my love for you.

 

I could only nod.

 

And Donghae. It’s actually not necessary. I know you love me. But if you want to prove your love, pls do this. Sing for your father. Dance for me. Live your life. Shine for us. And I will see you in eternity.

 

I was speechless. I will see you…?

 

Yes Donghae. I merely moved to eternity. Live your life to the fullest and we will see each other again in eternity. We will have eternity.

 

So… I will see… Hyukkie again!! I felt so relieved when hope and warmth began surging into my heart. Yes Hyukkie… I will…

 

Donghae I’m so proud of you. Bear in mind. When you’re down and troubled, when you need some loving care, when nothing; nothing is going right, close your eyes and think of me. And soon I will be there… to brighten up even your darkest night. Saranghaeyo Lee-Dong-hae!

 

The brightest possible smile returned to my face. Saranghaeyo Lee-Hyuk-jae!

 

Remember how much I love you Donghae... I see you in eternity.” I could feel Hyukjae was smiling bright was well.

 

I see you in eternity.Snowstorms, clouds thick and dark, thunderstorms… were all cast away. Bright sunshine illuminated every corner in my world.

 

In eternity… I will see Hyukkie again…Two streams of joy were formed on my cheeks as unceasing tears trickled down.

 

“... Er… Excuse me… If you don’t want to you don’t have to carry me. Please don’t cry. I’m feeling better already.” Suddenly the young fellow spoke.

 

“Oh I’m sorry. No let me take you to the doctor.” I almost forgot about this young fellow.

 

It turned out everything was fine with him. As we came out of the hospital we talked. He was actually a cute and funny person, a bit like Hyukjae.

 

“Why did you pass by the roof top this morning?” I asked.

 

“I just followed my heart. It’s giving me no choice. I had to. In fact I had to board the last minute plane to travel all the way here and then to that roof top. My parents thought I was going insane. I even missed my exam!!” His originally cheerful face turned worried.

 

I looked at him, my heart sank with guilt. My eyes were welling up when I spoke. “… I’m sorry… I was stupid…”

 

He smiled and turned happy again. Shaking his head he said. “No I could feel you were undergoing very difficult moments. And no I don’t regret coming over. I can sit for the exam again in summer. But if I was not there this morning… there might be no second chance...”

 

“Thank you…” was the only thing I could say.

 

The next minute I hugged him tight. Though I was years older I was crying like a baby while he was patting my back.

 

“Hyung. Pls stay strong. Actually I know it. I can feel it. The owner of this heart in me really really loves you.” That only made me cry even harder.

 

And that night I dreamed again.

 

……

 

I closed my eyes, drew in a deep breath and looked at myself in the mirror.

 

It’s not me I saw. It’s the black-robed. We looked at each other. Slowly he raised his hands to lower his hood.

 

Hyukjae’s face was revealed. It’s the haunting, scratched and blood-stained face. He glared at me with those rage-filled, soul engulfing eyes.

 

“Donghae you lied!” He hissed.

 

“No I didn’t.” I said.

 

“Yes you lied!! You ing lied!! You said you love me but you refused to offer your life!! How dare you say I’m occupying the most important and special place in your heart?!” He shrilled like an off-pitched organ pipe. That was, normally, haunting.

 

“There’s no place for you in my heart, not even the tiniest corner. My heart belongs to Hyukkie. And you’re not Hyukkie.” I held my head high and answered.

 

He didn’t know how to react for some time. “What… What do you mean I’m not Hyukkie? Donghae you belong to me! GIVE ME YOUR HEART!! GIVE ME YOUR LIFE!!!” His heart-piercing bellow shook the whole place.

 

I was actually surprised that I could stay so calm. “My heart belongs to Hyukkie. So does my life.”

 

His shrieking laughs returned. “You FOOL!! He does not love you. HE DOES NOT!!!”

 

“Yes he does. Forever Hyukkie loves me.” I smiled as I recalled his heartbeat singing beside my ear.

 

“How do you know? There’s no proof!!” He started stepping forward. It took all strength in me not to flinch or step back. Summoning all courage inside I stood firm and held my ground.

 

“No proof is needed. Truth doesn’t need any proof. I trust him. I trust Hyukkie and his love. And now GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! THERE’S NO PLACE FOR YOU HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

 

His face twisted in anguish. The next minute he vanished. I was not certain but I thought I heard a whimper.

 

With my trembling hands I gripped the rim of the sink. I closed my eyes, took a deep breath and sighed in relief. (Gosh… Guess it’s finally over…)

 

……

 

Behind me the bathroom door opened. Turning around I saw him. Hyukjae was standing outside like 10 feet away. The smile on his face… His beauty was beyond words. Extending his arms he invited me over.

 

“Hyukkie!!!” I ran towards him. Like a kid I jumped, threw myself to him and embraced him. I wrapped my arms tightly around his neck and crossed my legs behind him. There’s no way I would let go. I planted butterfly kisses on his cheek.

 

Usually whenever I did this he would back off and slap me. But this time he just let me. At the end I planted him a deep kiss and chuckled. “Hyukkie!!! My heart... it belongs to you and only you. I love you!!”

 

It’s just a life time. I only need to wait one life time. It’s not long at all, considering I will finally be with Hyukkie. Come on it’s Hyukkie! It’s worth it! I’ll just wait a life time and see you in eternity! And Hyukkie we will have eternity!!

 

 

-----------------------------------

A/N: Is it clear? Key word: "Heart Transplant". For details pls go back to chapter 5 of the prequel "Things are not the same anymore".

A/N2: Wow!!! I feel sooooooooooooooooo honored  receiving so many comments!! THANK YOU ALL!!!! Um... This is basically it. There will be an epilogue and then both the prequel and sequel are done... sigh... Finally this series comes to an end... ?_? But at the same time prologue of my 4th story will be out!!! It's going to be sth v different (still Eunhae though). Pls continue to support me!! >_<

A/N3: Credit to nousernameideas. The line "My heart. It belongs to you and only you. I love you." came from her.

A/N4: Again pls let me know what you think? Is it too dramatic? BTW what I want to say is "nothing can separate Eunhae"!