Epilogue

My Heart

Taking a leisure pace I entered the arena. It’s still early. Staff were setting up the stage. Technicians were doing final checks to make sure the equipments were working fine. Others were getting ready for their rehearsals. I missed this place so much.

 

There would be an important event taking place in this arena tonight. It’s the same arena where we super junior got our best rookie award years back. How wonderful that evening was. It’s something I would never forget.

 

And I knew it. Tonight something wonderful would take place. Definitely I would not miss that.

 

I walked into the backstage, into the dressing room of super junior. Positioning myself in front of a mirror I examined the image in it. Things changed. I look so different now.

 

Then I turned to look at Kyuhyun sitting beside me. He was in his own world with the game console in his hands. Well… some things don’t change…

 

I left the dressing room, entered the hall and walked onto the stage. Patiently I waited there… for one of the most wonderful moments to blossom.

 

Gradually people flooded in and all seats were slowly occupied. One could feel the excitement and eagerness in the atmosphere.

 

The ceremony began. The 4 MCs walked on stage and gave the welcome speech. That was followed by announcements of different awards of that year; together with the performances given by the award winners.

 

Awesome! Various players in the industry are shining bright, giving new life and colors to the music and stage.

 

I continued waiting. The best was yet to come.

 

……

 

“The best artist award goes to…… LEE DONGHAE!!”

 

Screams and applause and unceasing chants of the fans deafened everyone. Donghae stood up and started walking towards the stage. On his way he was hugged by many people. All super junior members were there to congratulate him. They ruffled his hair, held him tight and patted his shoulders. Leeteuk was so much filled with joy he wept and didn’t even want to let go of Donghae.

 

Finally Donghae made it to the stage and received the award. He held the award tightly in his hands. When he was looking at it his eyes started welling up. Gradually the chants and applause subsided.

 

Everyone in the arena was waiting for Donghae to speak. He looked up, closed his eyes, took a deep breath and bit his lip.

 

“Hyukkie…” was all he could say before he started sobbing.

 

Once again fans were chanting his name. Once again applause filled the whole arena. All super junior members, followed by a number of others, stood up to give Donghae their support.

 

I walked over to stand behind him.

 

After some time Donghae softly whispered. “Hyukkie… this award belongs to you…”

 

He wiped away the tears on his face with the back of his hand and continued. “This award belongs to my dearest, my best friend, my idol, my soulmate. It belongs to Lee Eunhyuk.”

 

Screams and applause threatened to bring down the arena. Glistens of tears were twinkling in the sapphire blue sky.

 

Donghae continued. “Without him, I would not be standing here tonight. It’s him who gave me the strength to live. Whenever I was fully drained, lost, discouraged, lonely or overwhelmed with hardships; he’s there with me. He’s always there for me. I only had to search my heart, to recall his smile and embrace. Then I would be given the strength and determination to carry on. Hyukkie… my dearest, my best friend, my idol, my soulmate, thank you! I know you are here. I know you can hear me now. I am sharing this award with you. I am sharing this moment with you. I love you. With all my heart… I love you…”

 

Donghae cried… and was transformed into an angel…

 

Cheers of “Eunhae” burst out and overflowed the arena.

 

Donghae I’m so proud of you. I’m so glad you’re in my life. It’s your award Donghae. But thank you. This is the best Eunhae moment ever.

 

……

 

Suddenly Donghae turned around and looked at me. We locked eyes with each other. I was not sure but… maybe he could really see me?

 

We smiled and spoke at the same time. “I see you in eternity.”

 

And Donghae. Same here. My heart… it belongs to you and only you. I love you.

 

---------------------------

A/N: EUNHAE FOREVER!!! EUNHAE SO BEAUTIFUL!!! It's really finished now... ?_?

A/N2: Have you noticed? My next story which is sth v different is out!! In case you haven't done that... SUBSCRIBE NOW!!! HeeHee~~~ And comment pls!!! ^^

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/42613/the-road-to-redemption-donghae-eunhae-eunhyuk-hyukjae-vampire

A/N3: Once again allow me to say a BIG THANK YOU!!! My heart belongs to you and I LOVE YOU ALL!! *making a heart shape with my hands*