Park Kyung -- PART 1

Your Blockbuster Life

Kyung used to live a decent life even if he earns just a bit. Life has been hard for him ever since he was born. He only attended school when he was in Korea. But it was summer after 2nd grade when their family decided to go to Vietnam to escape the loan sharks. He thought they were going to Vietnam to have a vacation. But when they were in Vietname, it seemed like his parents were paranoid.

 

---

 

"Umma, Appa... why are you acting scared?" young Kyung asked.

"Shh... no boy, we're not scared. We're just not feeling well... I think me and your dad needs to go to the restroom." young Kyung's mother said gently. As she said those words, she cried and hugged him and carresed him. "Stay here okay? Be a good boy. And, do not talk to strangers."

"Wae? Umma and Appa in the restroom together? Isn't the restroom female or male? Like... separated?" Kyung got curious.

"Uhh.. we really need to go boy..." Kyung's father said.

 

After he said those words, they both left leaving Kyung alone.

 

And after that, Kyung never saw his parents again.

 

---

 

Ever since that incident, Kyung learned how to live alone, and how to work for his life. "No work, no food. No food, no life." That is always the saying of Kyung. So when Kyung was young, he tried different kinds of work. He became a car wash boy, a gasoline boy, a laundry boy... All the things you could just imagine a young kid could do.

He was payed a little, just enough for him to feed himself throughout the day.

That's how Kyung lived.

 

---

 

When Kyung turned 18, he worked as a waiter in a small casino in downtown. He was earning double as he used to since he was hardworking and of course, he's working in a casino. 

*I'll save up. Someday, I'll use the money to go back to Korea and find my parents. I have a great feeling they're in Korea.* He thought with excitement. 

He was doing a good job when suddenly...

"Yo boy!" the boss of the casino approached him.

"Yes boss?" Kyung asked.

"See this bag of dope?" the boss handed him a bag of weed.

Kyung's eyes widened as he saw the big bag of weed. He has never seen such thing before. Also, he could smell the leaved and he didn't like the smell. The boss handed him the bag of weed.

"Uhh... sir, what am I supposed to do with thi--- hahhh... haaaah..." Kyung was about to sneeze "CHOOO!!!" bits of saliva sprinkled on the face of his boss.

The eyes of his boss narrowed in anger as he wiped the saliva off his face. "I want you to deliver this bag of dope to that guy over there and tell him that it's from me and I need the money now." the boss continued.

You accepted the job when suddenly, you saw cops going inside the casino.

*Oh shoot! Cops!* Kyung panicked.