Okay Then.

Tutor Me

 

I zoomed around the now not-so-neat apartment, tossing books, papers and other items of study into my bag before heading towards the door, stopping in my tracks when Kris called out to me.

“Hey, but I made breakfast!” He approached where I stood at the door.

I stood gobsmacked, disbelief coursing through my mind. “Okay, two things. One, how in hell’s name are you awake right now?! And two, You made it?! Not just pouring milk into a bowl of cereal,” I clarified, as though to prove Kris was not awake and alert at 7 o’clock in the morning and that he had not in fact made breakfast and the world and status quo that I knew and lived by were very much in tact. “Like, you made it yourself?”

“I couldn’t sleep.” He shrugged before adding, pointing over his shoulder, “yeah, can’t you smell the eggs frying?” Kris replied so nonchalantly, as though this was all part of his daily routine, rather than sleeping like the dead until midday when he’d laze around on the couch, munching on whatever he’d scavenged from the fridge.

I sniffed, suddenly recognising the hypnotic aroma I’d been too distracted to notice earlier. My mouth began to water and I nearly gave in, choosing to stay behind and eat than head off to college. I stopped myself, though, remembering I had something to tell Minseok anyway.

“I’d really love to stay and savour this rare moment,” I began reluctantly, inching my way out the door so I wouldn’t change my mind at the last second. “But I really have to go to college today. I’ll be back around ten, I could eat then?”

Kris nodded, despite the disappointed look on his face. He waved and sent me off, “I’ll see you then.”

 

“Baozi!” I yelled, looking for my chubby-cheeked friend. I blushed as I was met with stares from every direction and an embarrassingly harsh “Shhh!” from the librarian who looked as though she’d lived through the writings of all the publications within the building – even the Bible. I bowed in apology and headed off to search for Minseok with my head down, my face heating to the point where I was certain I looked like a walking tomato.

Seeing Minseok, I pounced on him. “Baozi!” I whispered in his ear from behind.

He leapt from his seat, a cry shooting from his mouth and his pen dashing across the page before landing on the neighbouring table. Minseok clutched his chest, recovering from the shock while I cracked up, covering my mouth in an attempt to keep quiet, sure to one step away from being blacklisted by the librarian.

“What is it, Lu Han?” Minseok seethed, eyes narrowed in fury. “What is so important you need to barge in here and destroy my notes?” He held up the paper he’d been writing on, revealing it to be his handwritten notes, now with a very noticeable through it. “Tell me, Lu Han.”

I gulped. “I’m really sorry, Minseok, I didn’t mean-“

“Gotcha!” Minseok giggled.

“What?!” I asked, bemused.

“This is just a copy, I was proofreading.” His stupid grin mocking me. “Man, you should’ve seen the look on your face! Haha!” He laughed before imitating my shocked reaction and chortling to himself.

“Okay, I guess I deserved that.” I planted myself in the seat opposite Minseok. “I’ve made up my mind, though. You know, about Sehun.”

“Oh?” Minseok raised an eyebrow at me.

“Yeah, I’m just going to go ahead with it. I hope you haven’t told him that I didn’t want to do it anymore.”

A Cheshire cat grin spread on Minseok’s lips as he shook his head. “I knew you’d come around.”

 

It was 10:42 AM when I waltzed into the apartment. Feeling relieved at having finally solved my tutor problem, a smile was glued to my face.

“Kriiiis~!” I called, entering the kitchenette area.

I stopped in my tracks and the saliva caught in my throat as I spotted someone I never thought I’d see again, at least not in the apartment. I started as I watched Kris rise from his seat next to the visitor.

“Lu Han-“

I stopped Kris. I didn’t need to be introduced, I knew this person all too well and he knew it.

It was awkward as I half-bowed in his direction, a false smile sitting on my lips. “Hi, Yixing.”

Yixing chuckled and shook his head at me. “Hi, Lu Han.” He greeted, much less stiff and awkward than I had been.

 

“So, what brings you here?” I asked, leaning on the bench across from which Kris and Yixing were seated. Despite having addressed Yixing, it was Kris who answered.

“Well, we had something to tell you.” Kris announced, after having glanced at Yixing.

“Okay, that’s good because I’m starving.” I joked to lighten the mood – though I was really hungry and Kris had promised me breakfast.

Kris chuckled and got up to get me some food while I took his spot at the bench.

“I see you’ve got Kris under your spell.” Yixing observed, speaking low so as to avoid Kris hearing.

I laughed, shaking my head. “He’s not himself, I swear.”

Yixing giggled at that. “So, how’s college?”

“It’s alright, I’m just glad to be finishing it soon.” We both nodded and remained silent for several seconds as my cheeks heated from the tension. “Uh, I hope you’re making the most of your dance scholarship, you could go really far.”

Yixing nodded, smiling. “Don’t worry, Lulu…erm, Lu Han, I am.”

My face reddened further at the use of the too-familiar nickname but I was saved from having trivial small-talk painfully extracted from me again as Kris came back with a plate with a fried egg, cooked on both sides so the yolk was hard, crispy bacon cut into squares and chopped sausages – heart attack on a plate, prepared just the way I liked it.

 

“Thanks, Kris.” I smiled before beginning to eat, declining Kris’ offer of his seat with a shake of my head.

“So, why’d you have to go into college today?” Kris asked, his eyebrow raised slightly.

“I had to tell Minseok something.” I spoke through my mouthful, much to Kris and Yixing’s disgust. “I’m gonna do this tutor thing.” I added, prompted by the lift in Kris’ eyebrow.

Kris smirked.

“What?” I blurted, causing some fried egg to fly from my mouth. I am the image of courtesy and appropriateness, what are you talking about?

“I knew you would.” He said with a mocking smart-arse look on his face.

“Shut up.” I’d have punched him if he hadn’t made me breakfast.

 

“So,” I motioned to the two sitting across from me as I finished with my food. “What is it?”

“Well, I know it’s a little… tense between you and Yixing right now and I know the reason for that and how you’re so… caught up in that,” Kris was rambling, going around the issue rather than delving into it. “But Yixing and I both think you shouldn’t let what happened stop you from being friends again.”

“Okay,” I nodded. “But don’t you think this is something Yixing and I should discuss between ourselves?” I didn’t intend for it to come out so bluntly but I was a bit irritated with how Kris seemed to be trying to shove Yixing back into my life.

“Well, yes, but you were so stubborn. It was as though you didn’t want to become friends with him again. You need a little push.”

“So you took it upon yourself to do that, out of the goodness of your heart?”

“Yeah, well…sorta.”

Yixing sighed. “Look, Lu Han, Kris and I are dating now and while we know a perfect happy family isn’t always possible, it’d be easier on everyone if we all just got along.” He paused. “Besides, I’ve missed you.”

 

Kris and Yixing. Perfect happy family. Yixing’s missed me. Wow. Talk about roller coaster of emotions. I swam through the jumble of half-words and phrases in my brain to fish out a reply that wasn’t a sound resembling the cry of a wild animal.

“Okay then.” Was all I managed.

---

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tossed in a tiny dbsk reference. Happy hunting ;)

Considering a double-update or posting tomorrow to compensate for possibly being unable to update for a bit (exams -_-;;)... Stay tuned and thanks for reading!! <3

Oh and I was also wondering if anyone had any recommendations? Or even your own fics that you'd like to share? I'd read pretty much any exo or 2pm fic so please post on my wall if you have any suggestions! ^_^