Sick Sensation

Tutor Me

I woke up with a minor head ache and groggy vision. After taking a minute to stretch and wake up properly, I saw the familiar yet unexpected room I'd woken up in. Yixing's house?!? I thought with incredulity. I spotted a tall glass of cold orange juice, an apple, a snack bar and a packet of pain killers on the coffee table in front of the lounge I'd slept on. Smiling to myself, I sipped on the juice and nearly choked when I had a flashback of the night before.

Minseok and Jongdae.

Sehun.

I gasped.

Sehun.

I felt a sick sensation in the pit of my  stomach as I thought of the boy. I remembered tearing away from him and not sparing a glance back.My mind felt increasingly confused and my chest ached as snippets of conversations and events from the previous night whirled about my head.As I took the tablet to rid the dull ache I felt with a swig of juice, my temper flared.
Minseok.
The queasy feeling in my stomach worsened as my face reddened.He'd lied to me, he'd hidden things from me. I thought I could trust him. Guess not.
It took some effort, but I kept the bile from escaping my throat.

I frowned as I realised my phone was dead and my wallet was missing.
After turning everything in the lounge room upside-down in search for my wallet, I sat down with a huff of breath, admitting defeat. I would have to check at home or ask Minseok if he had it. I hoped it wouldn't come to the latter option.
As I searched about the house for Yixing's charger, I heard the shower running. So Yixing was still home.
I plugged in the phone charger to see numerous missed calls and texts from Minseok which I left unread and a text from Kris.

11:43AM SKYSCRAPER: Heading to bed now. Heard the party didn't go too well, but I'm glad you're safe. Hope you're feeling better now. See you later.

My heart lifted at how suddenly thoughtful Kris could be. He really was like my older brother sometimes, even though I was older than him.
I decided not to text back, though, figuring he'd still be sleeping.

After turning on the TV and helping myself to the snack bar that had been left out for me, Yixing emerged from the hallway, dressed to go out.
"Where you going?" I asked, curious.
"We're going to lunch," he replied, smiling. "Have a quick shower if you want and help yourself to my clothes, then we can go."
I nodded, smiling. Maybe a shower and going out would distract me from my mind and thoughts.

The café we went to was pretty nice and felt familiar, though I couldn't remember why. Yixing and I ordered our food and chatted animatedly. Once the food arrived, I hungrily delved into my spaghetti and Yixing ate his burger in small, slow bites, at his usual pace. He looked to be deep in thought, though. This became obvious when he spoke up.
"I was a bit harsh on you, Lu Han," he screwed his mouth in reflection. "I should have realised you'd be confused by what had just happened."
"It's fine, Yixing," I smiled with appreciation. "I'm grateful for what you've told me and I'm still thinking about it all."
"Yeah, I just mean there was nothing malicious or devious in my intentions," he looked at me with sincerity. "I just want the best for you, Lu Han.  I'm happy and I want you to be too."
I nodded before looking down at my plate, trying to force down the lump that had suddenly grown in my throat. "Thanks, Yixing" was all I managed to mumble as I twirled spaghetti around my fork.
Getting a hold of my emotions again, I looked up at him with a smile and Yixing nodded back, patting my hand in comfort and we continued to eat, the conversation returning to lighter and more amusing subjects.

"I'm not buying that for you." Yixing stood with a hand on his hip, shaking his head at me.
"Why not?" I pouted, studying the beanie I wore in my reflection. "It's adorable."
"It's got a bear's face coming out of it!" Yixing exclaimed.
I crossed my arms in protest. Okay, so it did have a crocheted bear's head attached to it, but that's what made so adorable! I had to have it.
"Come on, Yixing. I'll pay you back for it."
He shook his head but caved in. "I can't believe I'm going to be responsible for letting that fluffball of a fashion disaster happen."
I laughed. "I'm telling you, it will take off. The next thing you know, you'll be wanting one of these too."
"I highly doubt that," he rolled his eyes as he paid for the beanie.

As Yixing and I walked back to the car, the bag with my beanie swinging in my hand, he frowned.
"What, no thank you?" He pretend-sulked.
I reached an arm around him and pinched his cheek. "Thanks, Xingxing!" I said in my best cutesy voice.
"Agh, get lost!" He yelled trying to slap my hand away.
"No, Xingxing, I'm saying thank you!" I squeezed his cheek even more before letting go and laughing as he rubbed his cheek.
"You're such a child." Yixing muttered as he shook his head.
"And you're a massive baby for crying over it!"
"Am not!"
"Are too!"

We walked past the café where we'd had lunch on our way back to the car and I nearly stopped in my tracks.
It was him, it was Se- him.
No wonder why the café had seemed familiar - it was the one he worked in. Of course.
He was clearing up and wiping tables with an expressionless look on his face. There was no hint of any kind of emotion as he just carried on with his job.
I'd found myself wanting him to look up, see me and smile, but I frowned as I realise such a reaction was near impossible now.
"What's wrong?" Yixing asked, bringing me back to reality.
 "I thought I saw something," I shook my head. "It's nothing."

Yixing dropped me home and I dragged myself off to my room and collapsed on my bed.
I had approximately a minute of silence to myself before Kris strolled in and sat at my desk.
"Lu Han," Kris began in his deep voice.
I merely groaned in reply, not bothering to lift my head from my pillow.
"Minseok came round." I felt something hit my leg." He dropped that off."
I sat up to see my wallet lying on my bed.
"How are you?" Kris asked, his eyes sympathetic.
I shrugged. "I don't know," I shook my head. "I'm really confused and tired."
Kris nodded. "Did something happen with you and Minseok? He was acting really strange."
"He has a boyfriend he kept from me and lied about." I shrugged again. "It's not that big a deal, I guess. It's just," I sighed, feeling hollow and drained of all emotion at this point. "It's hard for me to be open with people, you know that, and I just feel betrayed by him." I laid back down and ran my hands through my hair. "I'll get over it, I guess."
Kris shook his head but said nothing, just stood up and left. I guess he knew me too well to believe it would be so easy.

Despite it being only just after 5PM, I decided to skip dinner, have a shower and get some sleep. Or at least try to.

No matter how physically and mentally tired I felt, sleep would not come. I kept thinking of how I'd ever face Sehun again. For all I knew, I could be seeing him as soon as the next afternoon and I had no idea what I'd say or how I'd act around him.

A text message broke through my sleepy haze. My heart flipped in fear and yet joy as I saw who it was from.

12:03AM SEHUN: No tutoring session tomorrow. I'm busy.

I felt my heart sink. Still, I had to remind myself, at least he was acknowledging my existence.


 

 

 

Only 2 chapters to go! Hope you're all looking forward to the end because I know I am!

Thanks to all who read, comment, subscribe and vote! You make my day! <3