Chapter Seven

You and Me: We're Dorm Buddies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The route that I had passed was linked to the open grassy field. It reminded me of my passion for soccer. I strode by the bustling hallway that overlooked the space filled with green brilliance. I wanted to kick the soccer ball. I wanted to feel the wind rustling through my hair. I wanted to break free. I wanted to feel complete. That satisfying feeling of what soccer has got to offer.

“Lost lamb, are you heading to the cafeteria?”

A voice alerted me from my deep pool of thoughts. I halted in my spot, whirled my body around to find Woohyun staring right at me. He was alone, to my utter disbelief. Where was his posse?

I feigned ignorance.

“Are you heading to the cafeteria?” He raised his voice, like I haven’t heard him well. Inwardly, I rolled my eyes. Now he’s trying to be nice to the new kid.

“Yeah. I answered your question. So please, go away.” I replied short, suppressing any form of retaliation. Without hesitation, I trudge up the stairway that leads to the cafeteria.

“Niel, aren’t you going to talk to me or do you not talk much?” he stated. Agitated, I caught a glimpse of his figure from the corner of my eye. That rascal was smiling. He was actually smiling from ear-to-ear. Dear lord, save me.

I knew we would click but being enrolled here with a purpose, I wasn’t going to grow attached to anyone. Better be safe than sorry. It’s best to not engage a conversation with the boys in this boarding school apart from L.Joe. It’s best to not be overly friendly. My dorm buddies should have this idea submerged into their headstrong minds. I don’t fancy them. To put it this way, I, Park In-Na dislike all of my roommates. I hated their presence, I hated how their good looks complements well with their rebellious, bad boy image. I disliked the fact that they were as screwed as to how my brain functions.

The trio has been nothing but a total piece of annoyance.

Mathematics class was unbearable.

Goddamn annoying! I winced at the thought of having to be with them every single freaking day: twenty hours a day, one thousand four hundred and forty minutes. The moment I wake up, for breakfast, for lunch, for dinner, gym classes (oh-the-horror), supper, extracurricular classes, the standardized dormitory curriculums and just about anything.

Some reasons that amounted to that mountain of hate directed to my dorm buddies.

Firstly, they have a disorder – I am assuming that there's bipolarity. Plain rude the other night, born angelic this particular morning. Give me a plastic bag while I gag. Secondly, this dude just had to link my name to a furry little animal that walks around aimlessly. A freaking lost lamb. Do I look meek to you? Thirdly, Myungsoo rammed me with a ball. Sungyeol slammed the door in my face. Woohyun called me a lost lamb. So, in general, I hate them. Fourthly, I, Park In-Na hold grudges. It’s weird that I haven’t been able to think of other reasons to why their presence irked every living soul out of me.

“Do you need a tour around the school?” he suggested with that look of enthusiasm plastered on him.

“No. I don't need you to be the warm welcome.” I walked away, look of annoyance stamped boldly across my features.

“W-we’re roommates, dude. I just thought that I might be of some help!” he yelled uneasily amongst the crowd.

More like a confused child. Weirdo.

"Bye."

“See you in class, lost lamb.”

"Get lost."

"Bye lost lamb!"

Do I look like I prance around with grass stuck to my teeth? No doubt, Woohyun’s definitely a very confused child. Positive.
 

 

The first day of school’s curriculum and this school didn’t do much justice to my ‘nerd-like identity’. Some lanky boy made me trip over his sneakers. I got back up and he double-tripped me. Another bunch of rowdy boys grabbed my lunch and threw it around. Finale? It was a magnificent grand finale. That plate of spaghetti with meatballs sprawled all over my lap. I had to get change in the middle of it.

To add on to the list of misfortunes, I tripped over a few hairy boys' legs that chose to make surprise appearances along the hallway, had a dead lizard thrown to my wig-hair (I wasn’t afraid, just plain annoyed with their low-level pranks) and that, my roommates were just snickering at the sight of me, being tortured by the student body. They did nothing to save me.

How I hate them.

Day one hadn't been smooth sailing, nothing close to rainbows and unicorns. L.Joe must have been cheering on his side – his day must be glistening with “boys who were trying to up to him” and “boys who were too afraid by his piercing glare and crude personality.”

People were intimidated by his unwelcoming presence.

If only I had the chance to be myself. I had to chuckle at the thought of L.Joe earning the throne for the most rebellious in this boarding school. I knew his true self being “that softie” hidden underneath all of that badass look that he had been carrying. I grinned at the images of him, back in Seoul High to which he was immensely afraid in receiving the school’s warning letter. Each time that we received one, he would convince me that we should change for the better.

Being that devil I am, we never change. Warning letters kept pouring in, and I would shred them away before it reaches my mother’s presence. Why are we friends again? L.Joe and I, we’re too influential for our own good.

We’re ruined kids. This present image, in all honesty, it’s killing me softly. 

 

 

With a listless body and having to sneak out to bath at the bathroom that Woohyun had initiated, I needed to feel recharge. The wig drowsed with the smell of revolting spaghetti and meatballs. My mind laced around the idea of  revenge best served with raw meat but I had to hold back, yet again. Satisfied with my freshened silhouette, that wig being fully dry and that it smelled like manly shampoo, I headed back to my dormitory’s room. Room 143.

A light smirk perked up from my lips, thinking about the comfortable bed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter