Chapter Thirty Six

You and Me: We're Dorm Buddies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Announcement. Attention students!

I am pleased to inform you that Woollim Boarding School has clinched the winning trophy against Seoul High. As headmaster, I am more than proud to see such talent in the student body. For the soccer team as lead by Kim Myungsoo, keep up the good work! I know that all of you are capable of achieving and living up to your dreams. Continue doing excellent things for the school. I, most certainly do look forward in the various potentials that the rest of the student body has got to offer. Be it in terms of academic or extracurricular activities. To show my appreciation, I will be awarding a week off academic classes. I hope that this outstanding winning will encourage all of you to excel in your respective niches.

Fighting, Woollim!”

Oh shut up.

I get it already.

I meant the announcement. It was kind of “in your face” and most definitely, annoying. It blared through the hallways. I knew it before hand for I have soccer players as my dormitory roommates.

 

 

Sungyeol’s high-pitched dolphin shriek could be heard, even from the far end. In my case, from our dormitory. Myungsoo’s awkward dancing footsteps as he sang in tune and Woohyun’s greasy serenading voice that echoed from the front entrance to room 143. Freaking loud. Oh god, kill me. The team has brought in a trolley filled with ice cream and plenty of other junk to celebrate.

How did I know of that? Well, the boys from the other dorms were crowding around the hallway, mentioning and exclaiming, rather dramatically that the headmaster has given the boys a treat. All because of their exceptional winning. Chaos overwhelmed the boarding school.

“Lost lamb!” Woohyun screamed, half-singing while his hands were draped close to the golden trophy. I have been lounging by the room’s leather couch, thinking about the thing that happened earlier.

“Niel!” Sungyeol joined in, wearing his gummy-smile. “We freaking won. We freaking won against your school! Hah. In your face!”

“I don’t care, Sungyeol!” I snapped, grinning back at him.

“Yah nerd!” He scowled, throwing a cushioned pillow towards me. I dodged effortlessly, picking up the pillow and have it hurled to Sungyeol’s body. He smirked, wearing some kind of menacing plan under his sleeve. Ignoring his look, I continued sprawling on the leather couch. Like a boss.

Myungsoo walked in, smiling deliriously. “Hey, we won! We have all of these to celebrate!” he snickered, carrying several bags filled with ice cream and beautiful, junk food. Room 143 has a thing for comfort food.

On another hand, I haven’t been in my best mood and food would be of some help. Glucose and fats will be ing stuffed to my depressed soul. I love you, comfort food. I really do.

“Awesome!”

We cheered in unison.
 

 

“What’s the score?” I asked, interested. I helped with the plastic bags, arranging them in the mini refrigerator and on the wooden wall-installed cabinets.

“4-2! Myungsoo scored the first half. I scored the second,” Woohyun stated, changing out from his soccer jersey into a black crew neck. Directly in my view. On purpose. Goodness. I could tell by how he was straining his biceps. He twirled around, smirking, knowing that I have changed my gaze to the potato chips.

“Annoying, alarm clock.” I mouthed towards him. He threw in a cheesy heart-gesture, snidely smirking.

“Proud of you, guys. Sorry that I couldn’t be there,” I said, lightly pinching my reddening cheeks. I noticed that Sungyeol was starting to change out from his soccer jersey, lifting the tip of the fabric. Flustered, I turned elsewhere.

“Yah Sungyeol! Change in the bathroom!” Myungsoo verbally attacked out of nowhere, shoving a pillow into my face. I squirmed, letting out muffled sounds against it. Myungsoo stood right behind me, protecting my eyesight. His scent came close and I didn’t know what to think. He was kind of backhugging me. Awkward.

“Myungsoo-ssi, this is awkward,” I muttered, audible to his ears. Myungsoo chuckled, refusing to let go of the pillow. And me. His hands were strangely wrapped close to my silhouette and the cologne that he wore lingered by my nostrils. I nudged him, eyes scoured away from the fact that his hand was on me. He coughed nervously in response, and broke the physical contact.

“What? Why can’t I change in our dorm?” Sungyeol raised an innocent look, scratching his head. “Woohyun just changed by the bunk!”

“What?” Myungsoo shrilled. His eyes changed from deep-gazed into bewildered. “You too, change in the bathroom, Woohyun!”

Thank you, Kim Myungsoo. You have been a great, major help. Like he couldn’t be more obvious.

“Oh my god, Myungsoo! Are you turning towards the other direction?” Sungyeol lifted his index finger, plainly accusing. Myungsoo feigned ignorance, returning to his laidback self. Woohyun stared back in confusion, suppressing his laughter. Woohyun has no entire idea that Myungsoo knew about my identity façade. Dormitory complications.

“Are you into boys now, Myungsoo?” I snidely remarked, wearing a conceited smile.

“Why are you ganging up on me?” Myungsoo grumbled, sneakily stealing the potato chips away from my grasp. He joined me by the leather couch, whispering. “Easy, In-Na-ssi. I know that the soccer team has got it.” His eyes twinkled with amusement, lightly winking.

“Can I strangle you?” I remarked, snatching the potato chips from him. “I didn’t look.”

“Yeah, yeah.” He gave a lopsided smile, teasingly adding in a comment. “I know from the start that you have see

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter