Breathing Space

If Only...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Mianhae, i know i'm running a little late but i have been quite busy the last few days, please forgive me! This is quite a short chapter but i hope you will enjoy! 

 

3rd Person

Finally, after weeks of medical boredom, Minwoo was allowed to leave the hospital and his caring fellow members took him back to their dorm. Minwoo had at first been worried when he discovered Donghyun's hand injury and the silly cause of it but the others managed to convince him he would be fine, and after a while of wearing a cast, his hand was as good as new by the time Minwoo was discharged. Minwoo hardly seemed to have a quiet moment except for when he needed to rest, his Hyungs were always laughing with him and keeping him entertained. They were all fussing over him constantly, but Donghyun seemed to be staying back and observing his dongsaengs from the side lines. At first it didn't seem like a big thing, it just looked like he was allowing the others a go at looking after him after being in the hospital for so long, but then it became apparent he was distancing himself. He always stayed out of the way, he made sure to never be in the same room alone with his youngest dongsaeng, and he would always find something that required him to not be able to have a proper conversation with the maknae. Minwoo tried not to notice or let it get in the way of his happiness with the other members of the group, but truthfully it hurt Minwoo. It hurt to see his Hyung keep him away as he had been doing. He had hoped that after the talk in the hospital, that they would be able to become close again but it didn't seem to have worked out the way he had hoped. After a while, Minwoo really started to doubt himself again.

 

Minwoo's POV

Why was Hyung being so distant? Did I do something? I couldn't think what I could have done in the short time I had been back from the hospital. He had been avoiding me so much, did that mean he really didn't like me at all? Had I just been making this whole thing up in my head? Did he hate me? My brain was so confused as I racked it trying to think what could have driven my Leader and crush from me. Maybe he is just repulsed by my feelings for him, if he truly doesn't return them then he must hate the idea of it. I'm his dongsaeng for heaven's sake, I'm the maknae to his group, he only knows me and sees me through work, not anything else. He isn't my boyfriend and we may be friends but he probably only puts up with me because of the fans, and the fact that his contract means he has no choice. I've been so stupid, thinking he might love me back. After the talk I was almost sure but I should have realised when he didn't actually say the words, that I was making it up in my head. Stupid wishful thinking. I'm so obsessed with my Leader, he's practically all I think about now, the others manage to distract me for short amounts of time with their care and constant humour but my thoughts always manage to roll back to my Hyung. I don't know what I will do without him if he stays like this towards me forever. I need him. I at least need to be in his presence and gain his advice and good favour but what I wouldn't give to have him hold me and call me his.

 

No, I must stop this. It only tortures me to think of what I can never have. He is my Hyung and Leader and I must respect him likewise. I need to put all my feelings aside for the group and for him. But it is so hard, every time I look at him or think of him, I am reminded of that caring and loving side to him that I fell in love with. What have I done? Why won't he even talk with me anymore?

 

3rd Person

As the days went by, the other members also started to notice how the two were acting differently to normal. They had past it off as Minwoo's hurt from being kidnapped, and then the Leader perhaps just worrying about overcrowding the poor maknae while he healed. But eventually not even they could deny there was something odd going between them. They knew it must have had something to do with the talk they had in the hospital but they were all worried for both of them. They knew the kind of atmosphere Donghyun had grown up in and his family's views on homouals and they could only hope it wouldn't affect how he treated Minwoo and they hoped he wouldn't try to fight any feelings, he clearly felt for the maknae. They didn't want a loving relationship to be ruined by homophobic ideas past on from family members with closed-minds. They

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter