Dancer

Ready When You Are
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Your moves are a bit rough today; you're unconcentrated,” my ballet instructor, Sunkyu, stated, tapping my back.

 

I apologized and repeated the move, this time softly, and I saw Sunkyu shaking her head in disapproval, I continued to repeat the moves, again and again. Soomi, who stood next to me, was doing exactly the same moves, only softer, and after some minutes of still struggling with the same move, I groaned in frustration.

 

That wasn’t going to work out. In fact, it's been a while since I was doing the moves smoothly and soft, just as my teacher wanted. Over the past three months I was struggling with almost every soft move- and I didn’t even know why. The only reason my teacher would tell me was “you're unconcentrated” and to be honest, that didn’t help much.

 

Soon my mind fled into its own world again and I ignored my surroundings, including my dance instructor. I found it to be more fun to dance freely, and as rough or lively as I want.

 

As the practice was over, I mouthed 'hallelujah' to Soomi, who chuckled at my action, before slowly getting up and even more slowly strolling to the door. Today Kai's dance group seemed to be rather late, but I wanted to see him, by all means, so I lingered in the room until every girl left the room and my teacher wanted to leave as well.

 

“Yah, why are you still staying the room?” Soomi asked impatiently, but I motioned her to go ahead without me, telling her I was looking for a bobby pin. She frowned, but nodded before walking away, and I continued to stand in the room for a few minutes.

 

The boys still didn’t come, and now I also grew impatient. Wrinkling my nose, I slowly shuffled out of the room with sagging shoulders.

 

So, no Kai today? I thought, pouting before I dashed forward to catch up with Soomi. As I was about to turn right at the corner, I bumped into a chest, a very hard one to be exact. My fast speed added, it caused me to feel dizzy for a moment.

 

I shook my head, trying to get rid of the many colours I was seeing, and as my views finally became clear again, I looked up, only to meet with the probably most gorgeous pair of eyes I’ve ever seen.

 

Kai stood there, watching me with his ever-so-seducing smirk plastered on his face.

 

I almost choked on my own saliva seeing his smirk from such a small distance. Was he doing it on purpose? Or was he simply born with such a y smirk?

 

Ignoring my random thoughts, I quickly bowed, saying, “I'm so sorry!” before dashing away to the changing room.

 

Now that was embarrassing, I thought, squinting my eyes together and shaking my head lightly.

 

Entering the changing room, the only thought that occupied my mind was that I shouldn’t have dashed away, because that probably made it so much more em

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter