Smirk

Ready When You Are
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

There's this one boy I always see when my ballet practice is over.

 

His name is Kai.

 

We've never talked to each other, yet it feels like I know him because I’ve always watched him. My ballet group and his dance group use the same practice room and when my practice is over his begins, and we walk past each other.

 

Ever since the first time we walked past each other, my eyes couldn’t help but follow his every step, and even now it's still the same. Three years have passed since I noticed him, and ever since then I’ve been watching him secretly, but never dared to to talk to him because he looked very comfortable and happy with his friends and I didn’t want to barge in.

 

Today again I walked past him, enjoying the two seconds where our shoulders almost touch, and turned around when I left the room. Still walking away, I secretly glanced over to the practice room again, only to see Kai playing with his jacket before throwing it into one corner. He was doing the classic 'alone' dance with his jacket, and I had to bit my lower lip in order not to grin too widely.

 

Whenever I could steal some glances at him, he was acting very dorky; I thought that it was very cute.

 

“Yah.~” My friend, Soomi, nudged me lightly, bringing me back to reality.

 

“Don’t slack off,” she smiled, pulling me forward,

 

“Oh, sorry,” I mumbled absentmindedly before quickening my pace. We entered the changing room and I proceeded to change into my clothes, but as I realized something, I halted- where was my jacket?

 

It was nowhere to be found in the changing room, and I decided to go back to the practice room.

 

Nervously, I knocked at the door.

 

“Yes?” I heard the dance instructor ask. I opened the door, trying hard to ignore the boys' gaze on me and quickly explained the instructor my situation.

 

As the boys still didn’t avert their gazes, I gulped awkwardly. I hated situations like this...

 

Their teacher cleared his throat, telling them to continue practicing, and I mentally thanked him for doing so.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter