Decisions

Ready When You Are
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Another week passed, and I was finally doing it, the decision I had made last week. The practice had begun, and all the girls were already finished changing into the training clothes, only I stood in the practice room with my jeans and cardigan.

 

The girls had asked me why I didn’t change, but I had only shaken my head. I walked to Sunkyu, and asked her to go to the corridor with me.

 

Frowning, she followed me, and as she closed the door I turned around to face her.

 

My chest rose as I took a very deep breath. My toes curled up a bit because of my nervousness.

 

“Seonsaeng-nim, I will quit ballet,” I said and bowed to my ballet instructor, who had accompanied me more than five years.

 

I straightened up again, but didn’t dare to look in her eyes. It had taken a lot of courage to tell her that. It was always hard to quit something, but telling the others was even harder.

 

Sunkyu was the third person on my list. The first two being my parents with who I talked yesterday evening. Telling my mom was the hardest because I only started ballet since she was once a good ballerina, and that had awakened my interest for it.

 

“But why? I mean, I understand that you're lacking it right now, but you have time, so you'll improve for sure,” Sunkyu asked me. I looked at the ground again when I noticed the slightly disappointed tone in her voice.

 

“I just don’t have the passion for it anymore,” I told her truthfully. Then she said something about a waste of talent, but my thoughts were drifting off to Kai already.

 

I smiled at the very thought of him. And a small tingle rushed through my body, curling up my toes again.

 

I had two things to tell him.

 

The first one being that I quit ballet, and the second... I squeezed my eyes shut. Was I really ready?

 

As I left the building, I lightly stomped my feet on the ground. No, I couldn’t turn back anym

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter