Chapter 9

Sorry But I Love You

 

Days past and you’ve answered almost all of the test. Stress… That’s the right word for now. You also don’t know why you’re acting differently. For example, after school, you took a bath, have your lunch and straight away go study.

Tons of revision books around you and you’re studying like there’s no tomorrow. Stay up till 3 or 5 a.m or you didn’t sleep at all.

Someone changes you to be like this… But, WHO?

 

“Aigoo, ______-ah. What did you do last night? You eyes are swollen.” Chae Rim worried. “I didn’t sleep last night. It’s so tiring, today!” you stretch yourself and sit straight.

“Its okay,  1 more day and we’re done babe!” Chae Rim starts cheering like drunk people.

She’s lucky the teacher is not around since they have meeting right after the last paper for today ends. You look at Chae Rim and sigh “Is that pathetic girl really my friend.”

You shook your head and walk out from the class to go to restroom.

 

“Hi _________! Is your lips okay?” Sungjong comes out from nowhere. You swear that time your heart is going out from your ribcage.

“You scared me, maknae! And yeah, it’s getting better. How do you know?”

“The story has been spread almost whole school.” Sungjong wanted to touch your lips. “Hands off, Sungjongie.” Hoya slaps Sungjong’s hand away.

Sungjong took his hand away and pout. “Hyung, it hurts!”

 

Hoya messes Sungjong’s hair and giggle. “It’s okay Hoya, it’s getting better now. Thanks to you.” You smiled.

“Really? So how’s your exam?” Hoya asks. “Good? Bad? Worst? I don’t know. So tired to think about it.”

You two talk about random things ignoring Sungjong who is standing in between of you. “Is there something about you guys that I don’t know?” Sungjong blurted out.

“MWOHH?!” You and Hoya’s jaws drop. “W… What do you mean?”

 

“Nothing.” Sungjong straightened and walk away. “He’s cute but scary.” You point at Sungjong. Hoya chuckled.

“Where are you going? Want me to send you there?” “Err… Restroom. You want to send me to the restroom?” you joke.

Hoya rubs the back of his neck of shamefulness. “I take that as a no.” You chuckle and excuse yourself.

One cute girl. How can I don’t realize her presence before this?

 

You go to the restroom and wash your face. You sigh and look at the mirror.

“It looks like our _____’s eyes are swollen. What did you do last night? Study? Scared to be a loser?”

That voice. Why must it be in here?

You turn around and roll your eyes. “Mind your words, miss.”

 

“You should too, since your lip is hurt. Did I slap you too hard? I’m being too harsh is it?” So Yeon pretends to care.

“I don’t need your pity, So Yeon.” You state. So Yeon push you to the wall and pull your hair. “You think I don’t know your past?”

You push So Yeon. “Hani, close the door.” Ordered So Yeon. Hani didn’t say anything but follow what she says.

“You are going to settle about that Mr Not-So-Perfect a.k.a Mr Kim Myungsoo with this fight? Such a baby.” You blurted out.

 

“Changing topic huh?” So Yeon smirk. You cross your arms. “It’s fact. You’re just going to black mail me about my past, but the fact is you don’t know anything about it.”

“When you’re 5, you had an accident and you hurt your finger. Your maid’s head is full of blood; your sister is dead and …”

“Shut it up, So Yeon.” You warn. “Your mom faint. When you’re 13, you’re the best hockey player; athlete at school, sprinter, but you had motorcycle accident with Chae Rim. Your right leg is stuck in the tyre and the tyre start moving. Chae Rim hurt her ankle while you have a deep cut and you broke your l…”

“Enough!” you yell. “Enough of what I heard! Tell me what you want. I … I’ll do it. Anything.”

 

“Anything?” a smile plastered on So Yeon’s face. You nod weakly.

“Well, well. Save it later. But from now onwards, stay away from him. And you can take that Hoya kid. Myungsoo doesn’t like you. Moreover if he hears about your pathetic past.”

You look down. “Oh, by the way, you broke your leg. I didn’t manage to continue. There’s more.” So Yeon winks and walk off.

You took a deep breath and walk to your class. “You okay, _____?” Chae Rim asks. How did she know everything? Did Chae Rim …?

“I’m just dizzy.” You took off your jacket and cover your face.

 

“I’m sorry Miss _____. Your broken leg can be cured, but you came here too late. You’re doing sports after the accident without referring the hospital about your condition. I believe your ligaments are torn.”

“Can I still run like always? Can I do sports as usual?”

“I’m really sorry, but you really have to forget about those.”

 

“Lee _____! You are strictly not allowed to ride any motorcycle after this!”

“B… But mom, how am I going to go somewhere?”

“I’ll hire a driver. Keep my words in your mind, you ungrateful child.” Your mom pushes your head and walk off.

Tears start to flow. Mrs Oh runs towards you and hug you. “I hate mom.” You hug Mrs Oh.

“Shhh. She’s worried about you, that’s why.”

“I’ll never make her smile for once. Even dad. If dad knows he’ll cut my head off.” You start sobbing.

“They’ll accept the fact. It’s already fate, my dear.”

“Why am I so stupid riding a motorcycle at the age of 13? Stupid ______, stupid!” you start cursing and hitting your head.

Mrs Oh pull away your hand. “Stop doing that. It’ll hurt you.”

“I’m stupid. I deserve that.”

“You’re not stupid, my dear. Teenage are always like that. They like to try something new. Mom and Dad approve you to ride a motorcycle before the incident happens. It’s not like you’re sneaking out riding a motorcycle.”

You smile and nod.

 

“____ -ah, you’re staying here?” Chae Rim shook your shoulder. “_______ -ah.”

“Is it time to go back already?" you rub your eyes. "Yes, my dear friend."