Do I Know You?

DaeSung Vs. The KingKa |romantic comedy|
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Okay, so DaeSung can proudly claim he is friends with Lee MinHo. 
Pftt.. big deal! I can do that too. 
Except that he actually got the permission to go around boasting about it from MinHo himself. 
Argh, the more I think about it, the angrier I become.

It’s not like I was jealous. 
No, I, Lee ChaeRin, have never been jealous in my entire life. Not me, no sirree. 

So I wonder why I was kind of upset each time DaeSung grinned happily and talked about MinHo? I think I might be upset for the fact that DaeSung seemed to intertwine with the people who concerned me. First it was YeJin and now MinHo. For all I know, he could meet Umma and get her too. 

Yes, upset is the word. Like I said, I don’t do jealous.
 

***********



It had been over a week since DaeSung changed to 5B. Nothing else changed in our class since his presence: MinHo still sleeps in class, ChaeKyoung still becomes starry-eyes at the mere mention of Shakespeare (I tell you, she’s destined to be Mrs. Orange Baboon), the airheads are still, well, airheads and DaeSung isn’t bullied by anyone anymore since well, let’s face it, who’d want to mess with me? Nothing changed for me and YeJin either except that now, DaeSung has blocked my view of staring at MinHo. Each time he saw me looking, he would grin like a fool, wiggled his eyebrows and gave me two thumbs up. Man, it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out that he was telling me that I stand a good chance with MinHo. 

Good chance my foot!  

I still talk like a chimpanzee whenever he’s around. It was actually amazing that MinHo could stand DaeSung. But then again, he spent most of the time sleeping anyways, so I bet he didn’t really find out about DaeSung’s annoying ways.

Nothing spectacular happened for the past few days either. Except when DaeSung confronted his former bullies.

Now that was pretty hilarious.

That fateful day, we were eating lunch at our usual spot. DaeSung was being his usual dorky self telling world’s most unfunny jokes while YeJin laughed politely and I did my best not to kill him on the spot. It was then suddenly the group of bullies passed in front of us. One of them saw DaeSung and nudged the leader of the pack, let’s call him Bully #1 (I figured he was the leader of the pack since he was in front), and pointed towards our direction. We tried our best to act natural although we sensed that they were getting nearer. They were three buff guys, tall but looked stupid, and I think we were at the disadvantage there. We knew that they held some grudges against DaeSung because rumor has it that Mrs. Choi had asked three students from 5C to meet her for some counseling (and yelling). I figured it was these 3 bullies/clowns.

Bully #1: Yah Kang DaeSung, long time I haven’t seen you.
DaeSung: (Gulps) Yeah.
Bully #2: And good to see you have some lovely friends now. (Look at YeJin and I)
Me: Get lost!
Bully #1: Feisty little thing, aren’t you? Yeah, you’re the one who screamed at this balls-less guy in front of the school gate that day!

I gave them the glare of death.

YeJin: Why don’t you just go on your way. No need to be hating. Make love, not war. Peace people, peace.

Bullies #1, #2, #3 and me rolled our eyes.

Bully #3: Who says anything about war? Did we do anything to you guys? Huh, DaeSung?

DaeSung immediately stood up. 

DaeSung: You know what? I’m not scared of you anymore! You know who my friend is? 
Bully #2: Who?

Okay this is the moment we’re all waiting for! [Enter drumroll here]

DaeSung: Lee MinHo (Confidently)

I guess DaeSung believed he had said the magic word and expected the bullies to scatter away, terrified for their lives.

Bully #1: Who the is that? (scratching his head)
Bully #2: I think he’s an actor.
Bully #3: He sounds gay.
Bully #2: He probably is.
Bully #1: So they can be gay friends.
Bullies #1,#2,#3: HAHAHAHAHA

Obviously, they were so easily distracted. DaeSung started to tremble all over. I think he was devising a plan to flee the school compound. 

DaeSung: Look, SNSD is here!! 
Bullies #1,#2 and #3: Where? Where?
Bully #3: Did one of them change to our school?
Bully #1: Oh man, I hope it’s Yuri. I love Yuri.
Bully #2: Are you kidding me? Yoona’s prettier.
Bullies #3: I think only the maknae is still in school.

YeJin and I rolled our eyes and continued to eat our lunchpack since we could tell that things were going to end up in DaeSung's favor.

They spent a good minute or so in a hot debate on who’s the prettiest SNSD member that they were completely oblivious to the fact that DaeSung had ran away as fast as he could towards the teacher’s room.

Bully #2 (apparently he’s the biggest fanboy of SNSD’s Yoona and can defend her convincingly with all the trivial fact. He was very impressive indeed): Hey, where did that wuss go?

And that was when they finally realized that DaeSung was long gone and saw a glimpse of his back running like a sprinter.

Bully #1: That’s him! Let’s go!!

As you probably would have guessed, they were not the brightest students out there. They couldn’t even figure out that DaeSung was running towards the teacher’s room, or more specifically, to Mrs. Choi's desk. So the three Bozos ended up with Mrs. Choi’s yelling for a good one hour while being watched on by DaeSung who couldn’t wipe that silly grin off his face.

I have to admit, it was pretty clever of him to devise such a plan in time of emergency. Then, I realized one thing: Lee MinHo is NOT the magic word. Mrs. Choi is.

Apparently DaeSun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter