Please Help Me, ChaeRin!

DaeSung Vs. The KingKa |romantic comedy|
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/n: Hi everyone. There, I manage to finish this today. keke. about the chapter, i don't know what to say. there's a surprise in town. keke. hope you enjoy this.



Please Help Me, ChaeRin!



“You f.cking kissed him?!!”

The guy at the other end of the line sounded pretty pissed off.

“Who the hell is this?” I asked as I didn’t really see the caller ID.
“It’s me,” he said.
“Me who?” I frowned.
“TOP!!!” he yelled in frustration.

I cringed. “You don’t need to yell, retard! What’re you talking about? I kiss who?”

I looked around and saw that DaeSung, EunHyuk and GwiSoon were looking at me with interest the moment that the word ‘kiss’ slipped through my mouth. Everyone’s excited about kisses nowadays. I saw DaeSung raising his eyebrows and a tint of pink started to appear on his cheeks as he looked away. I bet he was thinking about our ‘kiss’.

“Hold on,” I said to the phone and looked up to them, “Excuse me,” I said as I ran towards behind the tree for some privacy.
“Who called? What kiss?” EunHyuk asked from behind me but I ignored his questions.

“You f.cking kissed him, didn’t you?” SeungHyun was yelling like a maniac. 
“What the f.ck are you talking about?” I asked again, “Whom did I kiss?”
“Don’t try to act so innocent. I knew all about your kiss at Lotte World with Romeo boy,” he paused as I gasped in horror, “HyeYeon told me everything.”

F.ck that b.tch!

Why did she just love to ruin my life?
And what could she possibly gain from telling about the kiss to this stupid, immature baboon?

“What’s the matter? Cat’s got your tongue? You think that I won’t find out about it?” SeungHyun said angrily, “I can’t believe you’d do this to me, ChaeRin. I thought that you’re different from other girls.”

Okay, was it my imagination or did SeungHyun sound upset? 
Why should he be upset?
He wasn’t my boyfriend or anything. Mind you, we’re not even friends.

“None of your business,” I said, “And why should I tell you? We’re not even friends. Hello? I’m your slave, remember?”
“We’re not friends?” he asked in a low voice.

It was silent for a while and I could hear his breaths from the other line.

“I knew you were trouble, Lee ChaeRin. I knew it from the beginning. But I didn’t know that you’re so low to be doing this.”
“Doing what?”
“How can you kiss other guys?”

I rolled my eyes. I wonder what the hell this baboon was thinking of.

“Why do you make it sound like I’m a sl.ut who goes around kissing people?” I said exasperatedly, “FYI, it was accidental. It was nothing. DaeSung is a sweet guy who won’t go around stealing kisses from people unlike you! Don’t forget that you stole a kiss from me. You have to give it backkkk!!!!!” I yelled angrily to the phone.

Suddenly, I heard a loud gasp.

I turned around to see DaeSung standing there looking at me, blinking rapidly. He looked startled when he saw me looking at him, like a deer just being shone by the spotlight. He fidgeted on his legs. “Uh, ChaeRin, when you’ve finished your, uh, phone call, come have dinner at the dining room. All the others are waiting.”

It just confirmed my suspicion that he had listened to every word that I said. I even said that our ‘kiss’ was nothing. I was so stupid! It just broke my heart to see him talking to me without even looking at me. He was staring at the ground like there was gold on it the whole time, like I wasn’t even there.

“DaeSung…” I started to say but he cut me mid-sentence.
“I’vegottogohelpUmma. Seeyoulater,” he said that so quickly that he might just as well rap the phrase. 
“DaeSung-ah…” I called desperately to his retreating back but he didn’t even turn back to look. “DaeSung-ah!!!” I called again.

Sh.t!!!
This is entirely the baboon’s fault!

“Look at what you’ve done!” I yelled angrily to the phone, like he was responsible for the stupid things that I had said.
“What did I do? So, the kiss was only accidental? Did he kiss like a girl too? Who is better? Me or him?” the baboon said so cheekily that I felt like kicking his nuts again.
“I can’t talk to you now. Bye,” I said abruptly and hung up. 

I ran as fast as I could to catch hold of DaeSung. I managed to grab his left arm when he was about to enter the house through the back door. He turned to look at me with a grim, cold expression, like he didn’t really want to see me at that moment.

“I-I…” I stuttered and stopped when I saw the fire in his eyes.
He looked so frighteningly cold, unlike the sweet DaeSung that I knew.
Why was he so angry over some stupid phone call? He was eavesdropping anyways! I was the one who should be angry!

“It’s okay, ChaeRin. You’re right. What happened was nothing,” he sounded miserable as he let out a deep sigh. “Come in. They’re waiting,” he said, his voice as cold as ice, with every words felt like it was piercing through my heart. He didn’t even look at me and he just left me there, gaping after him. I wanted to call out for him but my voice was stuck in my throat and I was left outside to stare at the revolving door.

That’s it.
I’m going to KILL SeungHyun.
It is all his fault!

***

There was still the cold aura emitted by DaeSung during dinner. Even EunHyuk’s silly jokes didn’t manage to crack him up as much as they usually did. 

This is how we were seated: I was next to EunHyuk with DaeSung seated opposite of him and GwiSoon opposite of me. Halmoni sat at the left end of the table while Mrs. Kang sat at the right end of the table. Mr. Kang apparently was out of town for some business meetings and would only be back in a few days.

It was painstakingly hurtful when I realized that DaeSung had been avoiding my gaze. I tried sneaking a glance his way every now and then but he was busy ignoring me, making me feel invisible. He made me feel so unwelcomed.

I really tried to break his coldness. When I asked him to pass the chicken in front of him, he handed the plate to me without even looking at me. It was like I wasn’t even there.

And I hated being invisible.

I really needed to talk to him but I think he would shut me down cold judging by the way he was acting.

*Sigh*

I think Halmoni sensed something was wrong because her eyes kept darting between me and DaeSung as she had a little frown on her face. Sometimes, she would shake her head after she looked at DaeSung.

That GwiSoon girl didn’t make things easier for me at all. While DaeSung was busy pretending like I was a mere fly on the wall, he kept smiling at her for putting food in his plate. What was her problem anyways? Did she want to make DaeSung fat? Did she think that DaeSung was starving since she kept on piling food on his plate? It was a freaking mini Everest of food on his plate because of her. Did she think that DaeSung wasn’t capable of doing that on his own?

Once in a while, I caught DaeSung looking my way and I smiled brightly, trying to show to him that I really wanted to explain about the phone call, but when I see his cold eyes, I knew that he wasn’t in a forgiving mood just yet. I wonder how he had managed to give me that cold look when he had no trouble whatsoever smiling at the freaking goddess! Did he have a cold face and smiling face switch on his face or something?

It was really an uncomfortable dinner for me. After some time, I had learned to give up on getting DaeSung to look at me and just listened to their conversation. When Halmoni asked me questions, I just gave her polite short answers; it felt like I had a huge lump in my throat.

Don’t get me started on EunHyuk. 

He was definitely NOT making it any easier for me. He kept telling me his corny pickup lines. After the fifth or so pickup line which sounds like this, “Are you a parking ticket? (What?) You got fine written all over you,” I just had about enough. I kicked his leg so that he would shut up; and he did, at least for a minute or so. Then, he began bombarding me with questions about YeJin.

“Does she have a boyfriend?”
“You stand no chance.”
“Well, just answer me. Does she?”
“Nope, I don’t think so.”

I swear his face lit up when he heard that. Don’t tell me that this corny douche is going after YeJin. He did send her a cheesy love letter before, wonder what he’d do next if he wants to pursue her.

*Shudders*

“Why did you send her the love letter? Do you like her?”

At the word ‘love letter’, Halmoni’s ears perked up with interest.

“What was it you say, children? Love letter? Aigoo.. aigoo.. I still have many more of DaeSung’s baby pictures. You want to see?” Halmoni chuckled.
“Halmoni!” DaeSung cried loudly, his cheeks as red as ripe tomatoes.
“Omonim, enough of the teasing. He won’t be able to eat after this,” Mrs. Kang grinned teasingly.
“What baby pictures? You’ve never shown me any baby pictures,” GwiSoon pouted.

DaeSung grimaced and turned to give Halmoni a cold stare. Halmoni stopped laughing in an instant and hid her smile behind the back of her hand. Out of the corner of my eyes, I saw Mrs. Kang shaking her head at Halmoni.

The subject was dropped.

When dinner was over, I was relieved because I wanted badly to talk things through with DaeSung but Halmoni suddenly started to become like a hyperactive child.

“We’re going to play some games now!!” Halmoni clapped excitedly.
“What game, beautiful lady?” EunHyuk grinned.
“Aish, you handsome boy, don’t make me blush,” Halmoni giggled like a schoolgirl and I rolled my eyes. She scratched her chin as if deep in thought before her whole face lit up like a Christmas tree. “How about ‘Truth or Dare’? That’s fun, isn’t it?”
“Awesome!!” EunHyuk cheered, throwing his fist in the air.
GwiSoon and DaeSung were being rather indifferent about it.

Ow’oh. I need to make my escape.

I had a bad experience with this game. There was once when YeJin and I played this with the other classmates in middle school and I was dared to kiss and say ‘I love you’ to a tree for a 100 times. That was a bit traumatic for me.

“My mom’s calling me. I’m going home,” I said as I gave a bow to excuse myself.
Halmoni stared at me like a hawk. “She didn’t. Just play for this old lady, won’t you?”
“Yeah, ChaeRin. Don’t be a spoilsport!” EunHyuk chipped in.

I sighed as I was forced to play the stupid game.

Halmoni cleverly excused herself out of the game just so that the four of us can play with each other. I think she just wanted to see how we played the game for her own entertainment purposes. I’m telling you, Halmoni sure is a bored g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter