What Happened to You?

DaeSung Vs. The KingKa |romantic comedy|
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I think I’m going crazy.”

“-----”
Blink*Blink*Blink*

I was waiting for him to add something to that but he didn’t, and the way he was looking at me was telling me that he was waiting for me to say something about it.

“So?” I said. 
I gave him a weird look. 
Where was he going with this?
Was he trying to tell me that he had an underlying mental illness? Well, why should he? He should tell them to a psychiatrist, not to me. Don’t tell me that he’s going to confess about some hallucinations.

SeungHyun blinked hard.

*Blink*Blink*Blink*

It was like a blinking contest between us two. We just stood there, blinking rapidly at each other.

Finally, SeungHyun couldn’t take it anymore. “God, you’re so stupid!” he muttered angrily.

I frowned. Why was he the one being angry when he was the one calling me stupid? If anything, I had all the rights in the world to be angry at him. I think he’s right, he really is going crazy.

“I told you I’m going crazy and all you can say is ‘So’?” SeungHyun said.
“Well, what else was I supposed to say?” I asked in confusion, scratching my head, “Should I say ‘Well done’ instead?”
“Yah!” SeungHyun yelled, “It’s not something to be proud of. How could you say well done?”
“Then? What do you want me to say? Good luck? Congratulations? Have fun?” I said, “Oh, I know! Get well soon! I should’ve said get well soon.”

SeungHyun’s eyes looked like they were about to pop out. “You know, you’re really beyond hopeless, Lee ChaeRin!” he said, “I should’ve known better. Talking to you is like talking to the wall. I am so stupid.”
He turned to walk away as I gaped after his retreating back in confusion.

What did I do that pissed him off that much?
Did I bite him during the movie or something? If I did, he should have known that it was an involuntary movement. I really couldn’t control my body whenever I watch a horror movie. Once, I nearly strangled YeJin to death while watching The Ring. There was another time when I spat my drinks all over her and she had sworn not to watch any horror movie with me again. Can’t really blame her for that though.

“Yah! How can talking to me be the same with talking to the wall?” I yelled exasperatedly after him, “You can’t talk to a wall. If you do, I think you’re really, really going crazy~~yyy!!”

SeungHyun halted in his steps and turned his head to give me a smirk.
“Trouble,” he said, shaking his head before he turned and walked to disappear around the corner.

“I’m no troubleeeee~~~!!!!” I yelled but he was already nowhere in sight.

Huh?
What was that all about?
First, he said he was going crazy, like it was something new. Then, he said that I was trouble. Next thing you know, he said he was stupid.
I think that the can that the mysterious person in the theatre threw at his head must be causing all of this insanity.

Come to think of it, I wonder who was throwing the can at SeungHyun’s head.

***

“Oh my God, he said that?” YeJin shrieked.

I was telling YeJin about all that happened. I was surprised to find YeJin not being surprised at all about the incident at the theatre. Even when I told him that I saw DaeSung and EunHyuk there, she was acting rather nonchalant about it. She was only interested about what Baboon was saying, like him saying he was going crazy had any significance whatsoever to our lives. Sometimes, I think YeJin is weird.

“Why are you so excited about that? I was telling you that there was a fire at the theatre,” I said, annoyed.
“Meh, you already said it was a prank.”
“And I saw DaeSung and EunHyuk there! Isn’t it suspicious?”
“A Tale of Two Sisters is a very famous Korean horror movie so it’s no surprise that they’d want to watch it too. Only people like you who have been living under a rock this whole time wouldn’t know about the movie.”
“But you’re the one who doesn’t want to watch horror movies with me! How should I know about it?”
“What? You expect me to like watching horror movies with you after you nearly killed me when we watched The Ring? Watching it with you is a horror by itself.”
“I already told you that I was sorry about that. Why do you keep bringing that up?!!”
“It doesn’t matter now. Just tell me what Baboon said.”

I inhaled deeply. I was getting very annoyed at YeJin. I specifically called her to share my troubles and all she could care about was what the Baboon said. It was kinda ridiculous.

“Aish, why you care so much about what he said? I already told you that he said he was going crazy!” I said in an irritated voice.
I could hear YeJin burst out laughing her a.ss off.
“What’s so funny?” I asked her, annoyed.
“Nothing. This is just too good. Then, tell me, tell me. What did you say?”
“I said ‘So?’”

“You what???!!” YeJin scoffed, “Darling, I think you’re so clueless!”
I groaned. “I am so not clueless,” I said defensively.
“Whatever,” YeJin said. I could hear her sweet laughter through the phone. “So tell me, what are you going to wear to the charity event?”
“I don’t know. Some clothes,” I said, bored.
“What?!! You CANNOT just wear ‘some clothes’ to the event. Omo, we need to shop this weekend!” she said excitedly.

“Huh? What’s up with caring about what I’m wearing? You’ve never cared about things like this!” I said.
“This time it’s different,” YeJin said, “This time, someone’s going crazy.”
“What the f.ck does this have to do with anything?” I was beyond annoyed. I really didn’t get where YeJin was going with this. 
“I really don’t have time to explain. Just pray that you get hit by a huge rock on that small head of yours so that you can finally understand everything. You are so clueless!!”
“Yah!!” I yelled, “I hate you!!”
“Gotta go, babe. I love you too,” she laughed as she hung up.

What the f.ck is going on in this world?

---

I love Saturday. 
I can sleep until late afternoon, laze around on my bed and do nothing at all.
I can daydream about being a millionaire.
I can forget about the annoying people in school, especially what’s-her-face Mrs. Choi and the b.tchy HyeYeon.
Yes, I really LOVE Saturday.

So that was why I was beyond irritated when Umma woke me up at 7am and asked me to babysit her friend’s snotty 6 year old naughty brat of a son, Park JiMin, since they have some community meetings to attend to. When I say community meetings, I meant meetings where all the married Ahjummas in the neighbourhood will meet at one place and gossip till evening. Yes, apparently the Ahjummas in my neighbourhood had nothing better to do. The babysitter had something going on and apparently, I was the last resort.

“But I don’t even like children!” I protested deviantly, “How am I supposed to take care of one for a day? I’ll die!! And besides, he’s such a brat!”
Umma rolled her eyes. “If you complain one more word, young lady, I’m going to cut off your tongue and make soup with it. Got it?”
“Yes, Hitler,” I said dejectedly as I rubbed my sleepy eyes.
“What did you call me?”

Ow’oh.
I need to shut my big mouth.

“Err..nothing?” I said nervously. 
“Go bathe! He’ll be here any minute,” Umma said before she left the room. 

As soon as I heard the door being closed, I curled back to sleep. I was in the middle of dreamland when I heard that annoying voice.
“ChaeRin noona, wake up. Don’t be a lazy bum,” the spoiled brat, JiMin, said as he jumped excitedly on my bed, probably just to annoy the he.ll out of me.

Why this snotty little guy!

I sat up groggily on the bed. “Sit down!” I ordered but it was like he wasn’t even listening.
“Oh my God, noona! You drool. Eww!!” he said as he continued to jump around me like a freaking horse, “So what are we going to do today? How about we go to Lotte World? Or the zoo? Oh, I know! How about the gaming arcade?”

I could’t function normally when my head was buzzing due to lack of sleep and the annoying voice was like siren to my ears. “Hold your horses,” I said, “We are NOT going anywhere.”
“Mwo? But whyyyy?? Umma said that you’ll bring me to all the exciting places. Umma said that you’re niceeee~~” he wailed. I could already see the tears streaming down his cheek.
“I can’t! I have work to do,” I said apologetically.
“You’re lying,” he weeped, “You’re a lazy bum. You don’t have anything to do. I’m going to tell Umma.”

This is definitely the reason why I hate children.
They are so manipulative, they know how to gain your sympathy and they look like a mini person.

“Fine,” I said, “We’ll go to Lotte World.”
“Hooray!!” he cheered and the tears had miraculously disappeared.
I HATE children.

****

“You’ve got to help me, YeJin! Please please please?” I said over the phone to YeJin as I desperately asked her to accompany us. Umma and JiMin's Umma had already left us and JiMin was driving me nuts with his childish way. Just now, he wanted Strawberry milk and I had to walk all the way to the store just to get him one because apparently, Oreo tasted better with Strawberry milk.

Go figure!

“Sorry, hon. I can’t. Have to go to our relative’s house today. Why don’t you ask Dae? He seems like the type that can handle kids,” YeJin said.
I groaned. “Doesn’t it mean that I have to bring that creepy EunHyuk too?” I said, “It’ll be like babysitting two children!”
“Yes, good luck with that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter