Can't You Love Me?

DaeSung Vs. The KingKa |romantic comedy|
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Sorry for the late update. I was busy with some community project. Anyways, here's chapter 30 for you guys. About this chapter, it's still sad. Keke. I hope you guys enjoy this depressing chapter. keke.




Chapter 30: Can’t You Love Me?





“You’re drunk enough,” the stranger said.

I looked up to look at DaeSung’s grim face. 
What is he doing here?
I thought he was avoiding me, treating me like I didn’t even exist.

Ironic, when I thought about it, that DaeSung was the one who wanted to be my friend first. 

“I’m not drunk.. huk!.. I’m absolutely fine… Huk!Huk!.. I’m as sober as you. Hahaha~. Huk! Huk!” I said.

DaeSung looked at me in disgust. “Even a young boy knows that you’re drunk, ChaeRin,” he said, “Just go home. Stop with all this nonsense. You’re not supposed to be drinking, anyways.”

Who is he to tell me what to do? 

He didn’t even acknowledge me for the past few days and suddenly he decided to appear out of nowhere like a Superman and nag me for drinking?

He can go f.ck himself for all I care.
Yes, I, Lee ChaeRin was beyond pissed at this annoying human being.
It doesn’t help when there seem to be two DaeSungs standing in front of me.

“Heyyy~ Huk! Why are there two of you? Huk~!” I said, “Hahaha. You look funny, like an alien. E.T. Huk! Go away! Huk!”

DaeSungs looked at me in disgust. “Stop it, ChaeRin!!” he yelled as he shook my shoulders, staring at me with fire in his eyes.

That does it! Who the he.ll does he think he is? 

“Why do you even care about me?!!!!! Huk! Huk! Go away!!! You don’t even talk to me now! Huk! Go to your preciousGwiSoon!!! Don’t bother about me!!!! Huk!” I screamed, yanking myself free of his hold.

“Precious GwiSoon?” he scoffed, “You must be drunk!”

I picked up another can of beer. I wanted to get DaeSung out of my sight. He being there was definitely not helping me in any way. He snatched the beer away from me.

“Enough, ChaeRin!” he yelled, “I said, enough! Where’s your boyfriend? Shouldn’t he be watching you? Don’t hurt yourself!”

“DON’T YOU F.CKING INTRUDE MY LIFE!!!!” I yelled at the top my lungs. Tears were already stinging my eyes but I kept it inside. I was too angry, too pissed off at DaeSung. When he was being so caring towards me, I found that too hurtful. All the memories of us together came rushing through my mind. 

F.ck with all these memories! I wished I could erase them all.
My broken heart couldn’t take it.

DaeSung bit his lower lip; he looked thoughtful as he stared at me. “Fine, I won’t intrude your life anymore,” he said quietly and took my cell phone from the pocket of my jeans. I tried to protest but he was too fast.

“What are you doinggg?!! Huk! Give it backkkk~!!” I yelled but DaeSung ignored me as he dialed some numbers on the cell phone. He evaded my futile attempts to snatch my cell phone back.

“Hello, your girlfriend’s drunk by the Han River in front of MinHo’s store. Come take her home. I’m leaving. And SeungHyun, please treat her good,” he said to the phone.

I gasped. 
Did he just call SeungHyun, the one whom I had been avoiding for these past few days, to come here? 

“Yah! Huk! What are you doing? Huk! Don’t bother about me!!! Huk! Just be happy with your GwiSoon! Huk!” I yelled.

DaeSung just stared quietly at me. “Does my presence really upset you? I’ll be gone now. Just be happy with SeungHyun, ChaeRin-ah. He’s good for you. I won’t bother you anymore, I promise,” he said and gave me one last look before walking away.

I burst into tears as I watched his back; my heart hurts so much. 

“Do you really hate me that much Kang DaeSung??!!!!!” I screamed.

Too bad, the only reply I got was the sound of my heavy sobs.

***

I didn’t know when I fell asleep on the bench since it was all vague memories to me but I was awaken by SeungHyun’s deep voice, appearing out of nowhere.

“F.ck! You reeked of beer!” he said in disgust. He shook my shoulders to wake me up.

“Eh, SeungHyun! Lo~ng time no seee~~~ I’m sooooo~ happy to see you, you, you!” I sang cheerfully when I looked up to see him. “You want a beer? It’s freeeee~~ The besttttt things in life are FREEEEEEE~~~”

SeungHyun tsk’ed and shook his head as he look at me in disgust. “Yah, Lee ChaeRin!! What the hell is wrong with you?!!” he yelled.

“Nothing’s wrong with meeee~~ I’m sooooo happpyyyyy to see youuuuu~. But whyyy?? Baboon yah!! Whyyy~~ do you ask me thattt?? Is there anythingggg wrong with meee~~ There is, isn’t itttt?? No wonder he hatesssss meee~~!!” I started to cry and wiped my teary eyes before I looked up to smile at Seunghyun, “But you know what~~ it doesn’t matterrrrr anymorreeeee~~ I’m so gladdddd that you’re hereeeee~~”

I started doing a crazy dance in front of SeungHyun. He was still looking at me in disgust.

“Stop it, Lee ChaeRin!” he said sternly, “D.amn you’re drunk! Come, let’s just go home before you become a nuisance to other people!” he said as he held my shoulders to make me stay still.

I yanked myself free from his grasp and started to dance again and looked up to the bright moon. “Hey, look at the mooooonnnn~~ Isn’t it beauuuuuuu~tifullllll?”

“Not really,” SeungHyun replied coldly.

“Yeah, it’s not beauuuuu~tifullll!! It’s uglyyy~ Hey moon! Whatcha lookinggggg at? Stop looking at meeeee~~!” I yelled to the moon and I swear to God, the moon was making weird faces to mock me. “Come hereeeee you moon!!! Come down hereeeee if youuuu dareeee!! I’m goingggg tooooo killlllll~ you!!! You think you’re so greattttt~????”

I walked dizzily towards the moon. It was still making weird faces at me, still mocking me.

“Hey!” SeungHyun yelled before he pulled my arm. Turns out, I was already dangerously close to the river and would fall into the deep river if he didn’t stop me. It was bad enough that I didn’t know how to swim. I might end up dead if SeungHyun didn’t rescue me.

“Omo!! Thank youuuu Baboonnnnnn~~ You’ve saved my lifeeeeeee~~ Hahahaha.. I nearly diedddddd~~” I laughed as I gave him a hug of gratitude.

“F.ck this, I’m taking you home. You’re drunk beyond repair!” he said.

I think he just complimented me so I said, “Why, thank youuuuuu~~~”
Yes, drunken minds really don’t work well.

SeungHyun stood in front of and slightly bent down as he took both of my arms and pull me onto his back; he was giving me a piggyback ride. When I was lifted in mid-air with my thighs being supported by his hands, I immediately wrapped my arm around his neck to stop myself from falling down.
“Yahhh!! Put me downnnn~~ I said, put me downnnnn~~” I struggled to get back on my feet but he kept his grip on my thighs firmly, not letting me go as he walked.

“Aish, stay still, Lee ChaeRin!” he grumbled angrily, “You’re already heavy enough as it is.”

I blushed. “I’m not heavyyy~~~” I protested.
“A pig’s lighter than you, do you know that?” he retorted.
“Yah!!! Put meeeee downnnn~~~” I struggled again. It was really annoying to be compared to a pig. I don’t think I was heavy. I think he was just messing with my head.
“Yahhh!! Stay still! If not, I’ll throw you into the river to die!” he threatened.

I immediately stopped struggling and bit my lip. “Baboon, you’re a meanieeeee~ Why are you always mean to meeeee~? What did I doooo~~?” I said quietly. I thought I saw a glimpse of DaeSung from behind one of the trees by the river but I must be imagining things. 

Aish, I really need to get him out of my life.

SeungHyun stopped walking. I heard him inhaling deeply before saying, “Lee ChaeRin, if you wanna cry, just cry. No need to hold back. I’m lending my back to you.”

I did what he asked me to. I cried on his back.
Correction: I cried loudly on his back.
I cried until his back was wet with my tears.
I cried until I didn’t have any more tears inside of me.
I cried, promising myself that it would be the last time that I would cry because of Kang DaeSung.

“You really like him, huh?” SeungHyun asked and I could see the way that his jaw had stiffened.

I didn’t answer him. I kept on crying.

I cried until I dozed off on SeungHyun’s back but only after I heard him saying quietly to himself, “I hope you remember this, Lee ChaeRin, but I only piggyback the girl that I like.”

“Baboon?” I said when I suddenly woke up later due to the weird feeling in my stomach, “I-I-I think I’m going to throw up.”

“No, wait! Not there!! Noo~~!! Oh, f.ck!!!!!” SeungHyun yelled.

Yes, I cried my eyes out and later threw up onto Choi SeungHyun’s back.
I bet it would be the last time that he’d ever give me a piggyback ride again.

**

I found out how bad the headache of a hangover was. The next morning, I was awaken from sleep by the sound of Appa pulling the curtains, with the feeling like a huge and heavy block of wood was placed on top of my head. I couldn’t even get up from my bed.

When I tried to open my eyes, the sunlight was too blaring for my eyes an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter