The Mistake and The Nightmare

HOUSEMATE-S

An update after a loooooooong timeeeee~ I'm sorry for breaking promises but I hope you guys won't give up on this story yet. Please support this story~ Thank you very much~ Please leave me comments to give this fanfic supprt! ^_^

----

Jiyong watches the girl in front of her, non-stop gulping alcohol down to until there is no drop of alcohol in the bottle anymore.

 “Chae, just stop already.” He grabs her bottle, stops her from drinking.

“Let me be!” She pulls the bottle from him his grasps and starts drinking again.

His eyes counting down bottles she has drink. Add with the bottle on her hold, it’s already eight bottles. He sighs at her reckless action, she absolutely drunk right now.

He reminisces back two hours before she started drinking.

[Flashbacks}

“So, you have new toy huh?” Sungmin scoffs in front of them.

“He’s not my new toy. He’s a person, Sungmin.” Chaerin corrects him while Jiyong watches them stares at the tension between them.

“Is it because of him that makes you break up with me?” Her ex-boyfriend points his finger towards Jiyong, bringing him in their problem.

“No. I break up with you because you’re a jerk and I deserves better.” She curves a smirk, tosses harsh words at Sungmin.

“You’re telling me you already found someone right? Who is he? Is he really better than me?”

“He is!” She is suddenly determines to tell Sungmin the truth. She gazes at Hongjun while he shakes his head, signing her not to tell Sungmin about their relationship.

She bits her lips and looks at Sungmin back. She’s determined with her decision. She doesn’t want to kept it secret anymore, it tiring for her.

“It’s Hongjun.” She said it while Hongjun sighs heavily. Sungmin raises an eyebrow and looks at his friend.

“You’re kidding right?” Sungmin asks Hongjun, his voice sounds mad.

“It’s true.” Jiyong voices out while Sungmin glares at Hongjun and Chaerin.

“You guys are having relationship behind my back?!” His voice increases.

“Sungmin-ah, it’s not what it’s like.” Hongjun tries to grabs his friend arm but his friend harshly pries off his hand away.

“So about the others said was true? You really betrayed me behind my back?” Sungmin pisses off at Hongjun.

Chaerin and Jiyong shock heard Sungmin’s words. They both exchange glances.

Does it mean they have more witness about their forbidden relationship?

“What do you mean the others?” She asks.

“It doesn’t matter.” Hongjun tries to changes the topic.

“It does matters! For us. I thought you’re my friend and now, it’s like I didn’t know you anymore.” Sungmin scoffs at him and quickly walks away from them, leaves the club right away.

“What does he mean others? Can you just tell me?” Chaerin insists to know what Sungmin means about the others.

“Our friends saw us okay! They knew about our relationship long time ago and that is why I cancelled our dates. It’s not that I don’t want to. Now, you’re mad at me because cancelling stupid dates and look what you have done. You’re ruining everything.” He is mad at her right now for her childish actions.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t know-” She holds his hand but he pulls his hand right away.

“I’m disappointed with you.” He turns his back at her and walks away without looking back.

[End Flashback]

“Hey, let’s just go home okay?” He holds her wrist.

“Jiyong, what to do… I’m the one at fault right now…” She cries, cups her face with both of her hands.

“You’re not. You didn’t know. He should’ve told you about this matter. Let’s go home okay?” He holds her hand.

“I don’t think I can go home right now. I’m too drunk.” She cries while he curves a smile hearing her excuse.

“Let’s go. I’ll carry you behind my back.”

He pulls her hand and squat down. She walks towards him and wraps her hands around his neck and leans on his body. He stands up and holds her legs, being cautious for her not to fall.

He pays for her drinks and quickly walks away while she’s asleep at his back.

“Chaerin-ah…”

No answer from her.

“Chaerin-ah…”

Again no answer from her.

He left out a small chuckles, realizes she already asleep.

“What to do? I think I like you…” He smiles.

“I hate myself right now… for liking you. You remind me my old self.” He sighs heard, remembering back his past.

-

Seungri wraps his arm around Dara’s body while walk straight to the cinema.

“What should we watch?” Seungri asks.

“I don’t know. There no interesting movie to watch.” She pouts at him while he pinches her cheeks with both of his hands.

“Don’t make that face. You don’t look pretty at all. You look like a fish.” He chuckles, teasing her face.

“It’s hurt. You pinch my cheeks to hard.” She smacks his shoulder.

“Okay, okay.” He wraps his arm around her shoulder.

“Isn’t that Bom?” She asks, points out with her tiny index finger. Seungri turns and look at her finger dirction.

“Yeah, it is her. What is her doing here at the midnight? I thought Seunghyun at home. They cancelled their date right?” Seungri asks his girlfriend.

“Yeah. Bom said their date cancelled.” She nods her head.

“Look, she’s with someone else.” He points out but Dara quickly pulls him away from Bom before she could realize the couple.

“Shh…” She puts her finger at his lips, signs to stop talking.

“What are you doing?” He whispers.

“We need to look the situation first then we can go confront her.” She explains.

“Dara, we are on our date, not to spy on them.” He furrows his eyebrows.

“Just for two minutes. Then, we go watch movie. Any movie you want, please?” She begs at him.

“Fine. Two minutes.” He gives up.

They both watch Bom with a guy which completely to them. The guy looks very handsome from Dara’s point of view with his manly gestures.

 “Looks like he from rich people.” Seungri says as he observes the guy’s clothes.

“Really? He’s so handsome.” She says while he glares at her.

“But- you’re more handsome than him.” She kisses his cheek.

“Okay miss sweet talker, let’s go watch movie before it’s too late.” He pulls her hand and walk towards the counter.

“But I want to spy on them…” She pouts while he shakes his head at her.

“You can just go ask her later. Right now we need to go on our date.” He pats her head.

-

Seunghyun pushes button the remote, bored watching television by himself. Suddenly, his phone ringing. He takes the call while watch television.

“Seunghyun here.” He says.

“Where are you?” Siwon asks.

“At home, why?”

“Does it mean you’re not with Bom?”

“Yeah. Why do you ask that?” He lazily answers.

“I think I saw Bom with other guy. At the cinema.” His friend explains.

“What?” Seunghyun straightens up his posture.

“I think it is her. She really looks like her.”

“Maybe you’re wrong. She’s now at her home with her mother.” Seunghyun denies.

“I’ll send you the picture. You can tell if I’m wrong or not.” Siwon hangs up while Seunghyun feels his blood is boiling right now.

Did Bom lied about her going to see her mother?

-

Chaerin gets up lazily after hears her alarm clock. She stops her alarm clock and brings her legs down from her bed. She walks to bathroom with her eyes closed.

Suddenly a finger points at her forehead, stopping her from walking. She opens her eyes and saw Jiyong half- with toothbrush in his mouth.

“Open your eyes properly then walk. You could get hurt.” He says with a mischievous smile on his face.

“Dumb.” She kicks his leg and walks in the bathroom while he quickly jumps in pain.

“It’s hurt stupid.” He caresses his leg.

She closes bathroom’s door while he knocks the door loudly.

“Yah! Aren’t you supposed to thank me for last night?” He asks while knocking the door.

“I don’t need to.” Chaerin replies.

“Tch, yah! Don’t you think you’re too much? I even carry you behind my back with your heavy weight. I thought my bones going to break.” He knocks again.

“Yah Kwon Jiyong!” She opens the door and faces him.

“What?” He raises his chin at her.

She rolls her eyes and gives him a peck of kiss at his cheek while he taken aback with her action.

“What the-” He stares at her.

“Enough? Don’t ever knock the door.” She closes the door.

While Jiyong still stands in front of the bathroom with his mouth hanging open and his hand reaches his cheek.

“Tch… Lee Chaerin, you really… weird.” He chuckles while his hand still touching his cheek.

-

Bom peeks at Seunghyun’s room and saw him listening to music as he wore earphones. She curves a smile and quickly gives him back hug.

“Hyun-ah, I’m home.” She says while Seunghyun doesn’t seem to be amused with her come home.

“I thought you’re back after eating breakfast with your mom.” He says while looking at the front, avoids her gazes.

“Mom has meeting so I came home early.” She says while hugs him and leans her head on him.

“Really? Who send you home?” He pulls away from her embrace.

“My driver of course.”

“Really? Not the guy with you yesterday?” He asks, facing her with his arms crossed.

“What are you talking about?” She asks, mad.

“This.” He shows her a picture of her with a guy on his phone while Bom bits her lips hard.

It was a picture she’s with someone else which is her date last night. The picture clearly shown she clings her hand around the guy’s arm.

And now, she’s screwed.

“So, is the movie you guys watched good? How many buckets popcorn you buy? Three? Two? Ah, maybe one for a happy couple?” He says in sarcastic while she keeps her fist tight.

“Stop! You need to let me explain about what is going on. It’s not what it looks like okay…” She stops his from saying harsh words at her.

“Then, say!” He bursts out in anger.

“I’m not lying to you about I’m seeing mom last night. I am but mom wants me to go on a date with that guy because she likes him to be her son-in-law. That is why I go date with him.” She explains.

“So, is your mom asks you to cling your hand around him?” He mocks.

“No.” She avoids his sharp gazes while crosses her arms.

“That means you’re willingly put your hands around him?” He curves a smirk.

“The answer is no okay. Can you stop accusing me? You don’t even understand my situation right now. Please.” She says to him.

“You already have a boyfriend, Park Bom-ssi and he is in front of you right now. If you really love your relationship with me, you have to tell the truth or we can just break up. Understand?”

“I need to be truth about everything but you don’t need to? Is that what you mean?” She spats back at him while he’s taken aback hears her words.

“What? Is it about my parents? The same thing you asked for thousand times? Huh…” He rolls his eyes with his hands on his waist.

“It’s not fair when I have to be truth while you keep secret about your parents. I also need privacy like you.”  She sighs while waits for his replies.

“Look, now we’re talking about you lying to me about meeting your mom, instead you’re going out with some random guy your mom picked. You can say no to her if she asked you to do this damn thing.” He says.

“I can’t say no to my mother, Seunghyun. I’m never disobeys my mother’s words and I need to stick with that.”

“Then, what about me? Who am I to you?” He asks again.

“Of course you’re my boyfriend. I just don’t want to be bad daughter to her. It’s already pain for her after I move in here. Please, you need to understand my situation.” She holds his hand.

“If you desperately want to be good daughter for your mom, then just go. I don’t need mom’s daughter to be my girlfriend. Move out from this house.” He pulls his hand and pushes her body away.

He descends downstairs and grabs his helmet. He leaves the house without any words.

While Bom holds her tears, prevent her tears from falling. She never thought he could say those words easily to her. It’s like he’s stabbing her heart continuously with his words.

“How could you say like that…” She kneels on the floor, cups .

-

After Seungri, Dara, Chaerin and Jiyong saw Seunghyun walks out from the house, they began talking once Bom locks herself in her room.

“Woah, it seems like a big fight.” Jiyong enlarges his eyes.

“Do you think it’s because yesterday?” Dara asks Seungri while Seungri quickly closes .

“Yesterday? What about yesterday?” Chaerin asks.

“Aish, babe can’t you let them settle their problem with themselves.” Seungri lets go .

“What did I do?” She puffs her cheeks.

“Come on roommate, spit it out. What about yesterday?” Jiyong asks.

“We- we saw Bom with a guy at cinema. At midnight.” She says in low tone while peeks at upstairs if Seunghyun and Bom walk downstairs.

“Who the hell is the guy?” Jiyong asks.

“We don’t know.” Seungri replies.

“Perhaps the guy is Kim Junsu. The one her mother wants as a son-in-law.” Chaerins speaks.

“You know about this?” Dara asks.

“Bom has told me before that her mother disagree about her relationship with Seunghyun because Seunghyun doesn’t have parents.” She says.

“What? He has parents from what I knew.” Jiyong says.

“Yeah but I guess he’s the one asked her to keep secrets from her mother.”

“Why?”

“I don’t know. He didn’t tell her the reason.” Chaerin shakes her head.

“Why people must have secrets in their life? It’s causes misunderstanding.” Dara sighs while Seungri bits his lips, Jiyong and Chaerin exchange glances at each other.

Seungri stares at the table as if something crosses his mind while Chaerin lowers down her gazes, didn’t want to meet anyone’s gaze.

“Let’s eat. I’m hungry.” Jiyong changes the topic.

“Yeah sure.” Seungri quickly gets up from his seat and goes into the kitchen while the others follow him from behind.

-

After they finish eating together, Seungri goes out to his mother’s house. He walks straight and knocks on the door. He waits patiently and the door opens slowly and shows his mother in front of the door.

“Seungri, what are doing here?” His mom asks.

“Mom, I need to talk to you about something. Is stepfather here?” He says with hesitates.

“No, he’s not here. Of course, come in.” Seungri enters his mother house.

They walk side by side and go to the living room, sit on the sofa next to each other.

“What’s wrong? Did you fight with your girlfriend?” His mom asks in concern, places her hand on top of his.

“N-no. I just” He pauses, looking at his mom.

“I received letter from dad yesterday.” He bits lips while his mom only gasps after hears what he said.

“What did he wrote?”

“He asked me if I remember him or not.” He explains the details of the letter.

“Mom… I-I’m scared…. What if he comes back and gets me? What to do? Help me.” He says in fears.

It’s been a long time he didn’t feel this insecure feelings for a long time. Maybe he’s too comfortable with his life right now and forgets about the past for a long time. But now, the letter he received from his father came and his mind completely never in peace after that.

“He can’t mad at you. You did the right thing. Besides, you saved me from him. He deserved to be in jail for years. Don’t worry, you will be alright.” She hugs her son.

“But- he’s my father. I know him well. I’m sure he won’t let me go easily.” His mom pulls away from the hug and faces him.

“Why don’t we call police? Tell them he threatens you.” She lifts his face, they exchange glances.

“You want me to put my father in jail again? That is your suggestion?” He furrows his brows, mad.

“I’m sorry, son. I don’t know what to do anymore. He’s completely out of my concern after you put him in jail.” She pulls her hand and clasps her hands together.

“So, you really throw him out from your life since you have new husband now. Tchh…” He scoffs seeing his mother didn’t care about her ex-husband. He cannot believe her mother acts like a b.tch.

“You know what? Just go to your lovely husband.” He glares at her and rushes to his car, drives out from her mother’s house.

-

Jiyong brings plates slowly to the sink while Chaerin wears gloves to washes the dishes.

“Put them right here. I’ll wash it.” She curves a smile while he replies with a warm smile.

“Really? Lee Chaerin want to wash dishes? That’s rare.” He teases her.

“I can wash them very well you know.” She says in proud while lifts up her chin a bit.

“Okay. Then, I leave it here.” He puts plates near her and he walks away, sits on the couch.

Within five minutes, he hears a plate was broken into small pieces. He rushes towards her and saw her was kneeling in front of the sink, collecting pieces of plate she broke.

“Are you okay? Did you hurt anywhere?” He asks, slowly kneels in front of her, helping her to collecting those sharp pieces.

“No, I’m fine. My hand slips when wash the dishes.” She giggles while he glances at her.

“Do you know you’re supposedly frowning right now? Broke a plate is not even funny, Lee Chaerin.” He curls his lips.

“Don’t worry, I wear gloves. It will protect my hands.” She assures him she’s okay.

“Your hand not your legs. You’re wearing shirt pants. Stand up, I want to check if you really okay.” He asks her stands while she sighs and follows his instruction.

He looks closer at her legs, makes sure there is no scratch at all at her pretty legs.  He cleans up the pieces of plate left on the floor and throws it away in garbage bin.

“Since there is no scratch, I will be taking these.” He pulls gloves from her hand and wears it on him.

“What?”

“I’ll wash the dishes and you can go to your room if you want. I don’t want you to get hurt.” He pushes her body away while she’s still didn’t move.

“No way! I’m the one who should do the dishes, not you.” She crosses her arms.

“Okay, how about this. I’ll wash and you dry.” He makes a deal with her.

“Ughh, fine. Let’s do it together then.” She stands beside him.

He takes a glance at her and washes the dishes right away and after that he passes it to her to dry it.

As the Jiyong and Chaerin busy washing dishes, Dara from afar observes Jiyong and Chaerin playing with each other while washes plates together. She realizes they become closer than before and they communicate very well too.

She’s glad everyone in the house becomes closer than ever. In sudden, she remembers Bom is still locks herself in room for hours now while Seunghyun didn’t come home yet.

Dara puts the food and drink on the tray and she slowly ascends the stairs, brings her legs towards Bom’s room and gives the door a gentle two knocks.

“Bom-ah, I bring food. Do you want to eat? At least, a bite?” She’s hoping Bom would reply.

“I don’t want to eat, Dara.” A sweet voice is heard from the room.

“But- I bring food. It’s been hours you’re in the room. Please Bom, eat a little. I’m sure you’re hungry.” Dara pleads to Bom, prays for Bom changes her mind.

Without wating any seconds, the door in front of her opens wide and shows Bom with her red eyes. She must be crying non-stop as her face already puffy.

“Eat a little, maybe you could feel better.” Dara enters her room and puts the tray on her desk.

Dara turns her body and Bom quickly pulls her in warm hug and continues crying with her tears flowing, soaks Dara’s shirt.

“It’s going to be alright. You need to gives him time for him to cool down.” Dara hugs Bom, while caresses her back.

Bom wishes Dara’s words come true and Seunghyun gives her a chance to explain for one more time and corrects her mistakes.

-

Seungri opens his eyes slowly and he saw the sky has become dark. He stretches his body and leans his body on the seat back. It’s and been hours Seungri parks his car at the hill. Seungri looks at his watch and shows it’s exactly 2 a.m.

He checks on his phone screen and saw 12 missed calls from Dara. He massages his gently while sighing.

Suddenly, his phone ringing and he saw the caller was Youngbae. He answers it without wasting any seconds.

“What’s up?”

“Seungri, can you come to my house right now?” Youngbae’s voice kind of displeasing from what Seungri heard.

“What right now? In the middle of the night?” Seungri questions him.

“Just come. I’ll wait for you.” He hangs up while Seungri wildered with Youngbae emergency call.

He puts away his phone and rushes to Youngbae’s condominium.

-

Bom watches the clock and saw its already late midnight but Seunghyun still didn’t come home yet. Dara and Jiyong descend the stairs and saw Bom hugs her knees tight while glances at the clock every minutes.

“Bom, why didn’t you sleep yet? It’s already late.” Dara asks

“Um, I’m waiting for him.” Her cheeks flushed while Jiyong and Dara exchange glances with each other.

“But- Seunghyun’s already texted me that he won’t come home tonight.” Jiyong scractches his head.

“Really? Then, I guess I should go sleep now.” Bom stands up and walks pass them and enters her room.

Dara frown her face while Jiyong raises an eyebrow.

“What?” He asks.

“I feel sorry for her. Can’t you do something about it?” Dara pleads to him while Jiyong rolls his eyes.

“Please Dara, I’m a guy. I won’t enter people’s business. It’s their problem. They need to solve by themselves.” Jiyong shrugs off his shoulders.

“But-”

“Rather than worry about Bom, why don’t you worry about your boyfriend? He also didn’t come home yet. Why don’t you leave him a message?” Jiyong curves a smirk at her.

“I called him many times already but he didn’t answer my calls. Lately, he’s being weird. I have asked him why and his responds is nothing. Always like that.” She sighs hard.

“Why don’t you stop worrying about people and think about yourself? Lately, you’ve been talking in your sleep a lot. Don’t let your nightmare controls your dreams.” Jiyong cups her face and jerks his face near hers makes her backs away a little.

“Woah, I never thought you look cute if I look closer to your face.” He teases her while her cheeks flushed in red as her heart beats faster.

“Ji- jiyong…” She grits her teeth.

“Um?”

“You steps on my feet!” She pushes his face away and his body stumbles down on the floor.

“It hurts, Dara!” Jiyong caresses his butts while she jerks out her tongue and runs towards their room quickly.

“Aish, that girl.” He puffs his cheeks.

-

Seungri stands in front Youngbae’s condominium and pushes the button to rings the bell. The door slowly opens, with Youngbae stands behind the door with dark expression on his face.

“Why? Did something happen?” Seungri asks.

“Why don’t you come in, someone wants to see you.” Youngbae pulls Seungri in his condominium and closes the door.

Within a minute, as he enters Youngbae’s house he saw a familiar figure in front of him. The familiar figure was in his fifties and he was sitting on the sofa. Seungri stuns after he saw the familiar figure.

“He wants to see his son badly. So, I bring you to him.” Youngbae says in guilt while Seungri is still frowning, watching the old man smiles.

“You’re already grown up from what I see. I’m glad to see you. I really missed you.” His father stands up, trying to reaches his son.

Seungri was mixed with emotions. He didn’t know what to reacts as his father in front of him. It’s been years he didn’t see him in a person and he could say that he missed his father, a lot. But is his father really feels the same way? Will his father forgive him about what he did?

His father pulls him in embrace while his body freezes, He didn’t know why but the hug feels warm and comfortable for him. It’s been years he hugs his father. Slowly without him realizing, he hugs his father back while Youngbae gives them a space and leaves them alone.

“Aren’t you mad at me for what I’ve done to you?”  Seungri asks.

“I would be lying if I’m not mad but you’re still my son. You’re the only one I have in my life. That’s the most important.” His father explains to him.

“Really?”

“Really…”

“Dad…”

“Yes?”

“I’m sorry… and- I missed you…” Seungri lefts out the word he had been keeping it for years.