Figuring 'this' out

HOUSEMATE-S

Hi guys! It's been a loooong tiiiimee I haven't posted new chappie. And I really try to update new chapter but I'm busy lately with my assignments. Hope you enjoy this chaptr! Thank you~ Please sends lots of comments as many as you could.

---

Everyone take their sit at the table, yawning hard due to sleepiness. Jiyong and Dara sit beside each other than they originally sit which opposite with Seungri and Chaerin. While Seunghyun and Bom busy manage foods for their breakfast and serve them quickly at the table. After they finish, they take their sits and everyone began take the food.

“Why we only eat bread today? I want rice.” Jiyong whines, biting his spoon.

“We only have these. Rice is completely finished.” Seunghyun explains while spreads butter on bread.

“Do you want me to cook ramen?” Dara smiles at him while he gives her ‘are you kidding’ look at her.

“It’s in the morning and you want me to eat unhealthy food? Never mind.” Jiyong starts to reaches for the bread but there also a hand reaches at the same time.

He lifts up his face and saw Chaerin was the one owner of the hand. Jiyong avoids his eyes from her as he realizes she’s been watching him from the beginning. He glares at her and pulls his hand back and rests it on the table.

“You want bread right? Here.” Chaerin passes him the bread, Jiyong looks at the bread with glares.

“Dara” Dara turns look at him.

“Take the bread for me. I can’t reach it.” He lied while crosses his arms, didn’t want to receive the bread from Chaerin.

“Aren’t your hand longer than me? How can you can’t reach it?” Dara puffs her cheek at him and takes the bread from Chaerin for him.

“Here.” She gives him and Jiyong casually shoves the plain bread in his mouth.

“Dara, help me put some jam on the bread for me.” He pleads her once again.

“Can’t you do it for yourself?” She furrows her eyebrows and does like he wanted. After she finish, she puts the bread on his plate and starts to does hers. Before she spread it at bread, someone passes her bread with strawberry jam.

“Here. Take mine.” Seungri smiles at her, trying to makes up with her for what he did last time.

“Jiyong-ah”

“What?”

“Do you want more bread?”

“Sure.”

“Take the bread on Seungri’s hand.” Dara commands him and without hesitation he seizes the bread from Seungri’s hand and eat it. While Dara acts she didn’t do wrong at Seungri.

Seungri and Chaerin narrow their eyes, disbelief of Dara and Jiyong behaviour. They sure look alike when pissing off people.

“Hey, why don’t we go buy foods since we all the foods in this house are finished?” Seunghyun suggests. The others exchange glance and nod their head.

“Good. It settle then. Let’s split up into three groups shall we? Um, Dara with Seung-”

“I’ve decided I want in Jiyong’s group.” Dara cuts off Seunghyun’s words leaves everyone frozen for a moment. All of them stares at her without saying any words.

“I’m fine with it.” Jiyong agrees.

“Owkay… Then, Seungri with Chaerin and I’m with Bom. Agree?” He asks again but no one replies.

“Everyone agreed. Thank you.” Seunghyun sighs while Bom watch others.

 It seems they fight with each other since they all kept quiet than they always do. Bom nudges Seunghyun with her elbow and starts whispers at his ear.

“Did they fight? Dara and Chaerin don’t look too happy.” Bom whispers at his ears as he leans closer to her.

“I guess. Don’t worry, I’m sure they figure out to solve their problems.” He assures her, rests his hand on top hers.

“Okay.” She curls up her lips.

Once they finish up their breakfast, they began get ready for shopping mall near their house. Soon as they reach the mall, Jiyong and Dara go their own way rather than in group.

“Why don’t we split up too? You guys go get drinks and stuffs you want to buy. Bom and I will go buy fruit.” Seunghyun decides.

“Yeah.” Seungri and Chaerin plaster force smile and walk away from him and Bom.

-

“Did you have a fight with Seungri?” Jiyong asks in sudden while puts the snacks they supposed to buy. Dara stops her steps but she didn’t release her grip the trolley yet.

“No. We’re good.” She gives him short reply.

“Tch, good? He gave you bread full with sweet taste and you reject it by gave to me. Does it seem good to you?”  He pinches her nose and didn’t let it go makes her suffocates.

“Stop it, I can’t breathe. Fine, we fight. Let my nose go.” She slaps his hand while he curves his infamous smirk.

“Are you and Chaerin fight too?” She puffs her cheeks, touches her nose.

“Yeah, we fight due to some circumstances that more in complicated way.” He confesses to her.

“Circumstances? What circumstances?”

“As if I want to tell you.” Jiyong pulls out his tongue and shows at her.

“I’ll tell you mine and you tell me yours. It’s equal for both sides then.” She suggests, he stares at her for a moment.

His mind went wild. He actually agreed with her, he cannot keep this problem for himself. He needs to expresses it to someone to get a solution. He doesn’t want to avoid Chaerin forever, she didn’t deserves it in the first place.

“Call.” He utters with a swift smile plasters on his face.

Dara smiles and takes a step closer with him, whispers at his ear. She tells her problem and after she finishes, they shifts their turn which Dara getting ready to hear out his problem while Jiyong leans closer to her.

When the partner of roommate was busy talking about their problem, other group saw their intimate scene. Seungri observes their affection with each other which causes his heart throbs. He wasn’t sure why but the thing he knows he felt bad because of the bet.

“They sure suit together as roommate.” Chaerin breaks the ice between of them. It’s the first sentence she said after wandering around in the mall for 30 minutes together.

“Yeah” He turns his head around, avoids seeing Dara and Jiyong.

“If you’ve done wrong, just apologize.” She blurts out at him. He stares at her, he never thought she was a considerate person. Why in sudden?

“What if she never wants it?”

“Gives her a good explanation. You need to convince her that you’re actually didn’t mean to hurt her.” She advices him intentionally after she observes his sour face recently.

“How?”

“Tell her the truth. Tell her how you feel.” She curls his lips.

“I will try.” He looks back at Dara and Jiyong whom consistently talking non-stop.

“Me too.” She whispers, talking to herself. She’s been thinking that she should apologize to him face to face.

They need to have serious talk about what just happened in these few days. She knows that she treated Jiyong with harsh but they are too opposite. It’s like fire and water. There is no way they can mix with each other.

-

“Okay what we have here.” Seunghyun looks at the list to buy.

“Jiyong wants apple, Dara wants apple, Seungri wants banana, Chaerin wants apple, I want banana and… wait, you want corn?” Seunghyun stops his steps looking at Bom.

“Bom-ah, I told you we’re going to buy fruit not vegetables.” He crosses word corn in the list.

“But I want corn. I haven’t eat it this month. Please…” She pouts at him, pleading to buy corn for her.

“Alright but don’t take my banana since you already have your corn.” He glances at her while writes back corn in his list.

“Okay.” She smiles sweetly at him.

“Hey, Seunghyun.” A hand taps on his shoulder. They turn around and saw tall guy behind them, smiling showing his white teeth.

“Siwon” Seunghyun’s lips curves a happy smile, pleases to see his friend while Bom only smiles at his friend.

“How are you doing?” Seunghyun asks.

“I’m fine, a little bit busy after take over family business. How about you? You look a bit younger than before.” He teases, sliding his hand in his jean’s pockets.

“Younger? No, I’m still me and right now I’m studying in college right now. Final year student.” Seunghyun chuckles, denies his friend statement about him looks younger.

“Studying? Didn’t you quit before? I thought you’re also taking over your father-” His got cuts off.

“Please, Siwon. Not now. I don’t want to talk about him or her.” Seunghyun’s expression turns dark as Bom observes how he talks.

“Okay, I’m sorry.” His friend taps his shoulder, apologizes for bringing topic which Seunghyun doesn’t even want to talk.

“So, who is this pretty lady beside you? Hi, I’m Choi Siwon. Seunghyun’s friend.” He introduces himself with a respect bow at her.

“Hello. I’m Park Bom, Seunghyun’s- ”Her words stops, didn’t know what exactly she supposed to introduces herself.

She remembers back they had kissed last time and until now they didn’t talk about it. What exactly their relationship?

Seunghyun and Siwon stare at her blankly, waiting for her to continue her words while she still thinks about Seunghyun and her.

“Park Bom” “Bom-ah” They both call out her name which wakes her up.

“Mm?”

“You didn’t finish your words yet.” Siwon tells her.

“I- I’m Seunghyun’s housemate.” She holds out her hand to him,

“Please to meet you, Park Bom.” He gladly takes her hand and kisses it on top of her back hand makes her cheeks blushed. Seunghyun awkwardly watches them smile to each other while her hand still in his holds.

“Well, I think we need to go now.” Seunghyun breaks apart their hands and gently entwines his fingers with hers while Bom gazes Seunghyun deeply.

“Owh okay. I need to go too. By the way, our members have a party tonight. Why don’t you and Park Bom join us? Besides, it has been long time we didn’t hang out together.” Siwon politely invite them to his gang party.

“I’ll check my schedule first. I call you.” Seunghyun didn’t want confirms his and Bom’s presence yet in Siwon’s party.

“Sure.” Siwon shows making ‘O’ sign with his fingers.

-

Chaerin stands behind  Jiyong who busy buying his things and slowly brings up her phone near her ear. She dials his number and waits for him to picks up her call.

"Hello?" He answers it without looking at the caller's name.

"It's me." His body froze and roams his eyes at his surrounding until his eyes meet hers.

 He takes a deep breath "Why did call me instead talking to me face to face?" He sarcastically asks her.

"How can I talk to you when you don't even to see my face? You've been avoiding me for days and I don't want it to get any further." Jiyong bits his lips, avoids her gazes.

"And how are you going to do that?"

"I would like to sincerely apologise for what I've said and what I've done to you." Jiyong diverts his eyes straight to hers, surprised to hear this stubborn girl apologise to him.

Is she really apologising right now? This cannot be her. He thoughts, denying her action.

"Don’t make jokes.” He laughs awkwardly.

“I don’t do jokes when time like this.” Her voice says in stern, Jiyong stops laughing. She takes steps closer to him and faces him bravely while Jiyong is taken aback when she starts walking to him.

“Wow, you really serious.” He says in amused.

“I am.” Her steps stop in front of him. He lets out chuckles and looks at her.

“Fine. I want to apologize too. I shouldn’t interfere your relationship with your brother.” His voice sounds weak as he expresses his feelings to her. She didn’t give him any response but stares at him.

“That’s okay.” She gives him half smile.

“So, are we good now?” Again she curves smile at him.

“I guess so.” He replies with a gentle smile.

They both hang up their phone and exchange glances at each other. They both starts getting along with each other by spends their quality time shopping things that they needs. When they spend time with each other, they realize they both quite have many similarities in their interests.

However, there still a couple still haven’t made up.

“Dara, can I talk to you for a moment?” Seungri comes up from nowhere to be seen which surprises Dara little bit. She narrows her eyes and exhales.

“What do you want to talk exactly? I thought we’ve done talking about you doing useless things.” She glares at him and tries to walks away from but he grasps her wrists before she could walk any further.

“Let me go.” She pries his hands off but it didn’t work out.

“No way! I won’t let you go until you hear my explanation.” He caught another wrist while she gasps over his actions.

She stomps his feet with her heels which causes him to jumps off by the pain she gives. He lets go off his hand and starts to jumping while holds his feet.

As he jumping, she only watches him actively jumping in front of her and starts to runs away. He saw her taking steps back, he quickly aims her legs to prevent her from walks away. Resulted her to stumbles and falls on the floor which drives him in the same situation.

They both fall and h lifts up his face to see her if she’s okay. Unexpectedly he saw something under her short skirt. His eyes widen and his cheeks completely getting red the longer he looks.

“It’s pink.” Dara who caught his word, she turns his head at back and looks at him.

She looks back and forth at his eyes glued at her skirt and her short skirt.

“ert!” She screams and unintentionally kicks his face with her heels.

-

“Gosh Dara, how much strength did you use? Seungri’s nose won’t stop bleeding.” Jiyong looks at Seungri’s swollen face while munches his apple after take a bite.

“Tell me exactly, why did you kick his face?” Seunghyun trying to figures out the situation.                  

“He was looking under my skirt!” She freaks while Seungri scoffs.

“Am not! I’m trying to explaining things to you but you didn’t bother to listen.” He answers back, denying her confession.

“Why should I listen to you when you didn’t even listen to my words?” She argues.


“Because you’re misunderstood me and I won’t let that happen easily because of your stupid mind.”

“My stupid mind? Fine! Tell us, why did you make a stupid bet on me with your freaking friend?” She crosses her arms with sharp glares.

“You make a bet on her?” The others ask at the same time, give different confuse looks at him.

“I can’t believe you make it a big deal.” He hardly sighs, looking down at the floor.

“Because it is a big deal, Lee Seungri. I felt insulted when you made a bet on me just to make sure your friend get a date with me. If you want to play matchmaker, why didn’t you ask?” She mocks him while the others gasps hears her words.

“I didn’t want to. The reason I did the bet because I don’t want my friend take a chance to go out with you.”

“And why is that?”

“Maybe because I like you!” He burts out, explodes by telling the truth what he felt about her recently.

Dara and the others stunned, shock at his sudden confession. Seungri also speechless after said he likes her. Is it for real? This is a dream right? Seungri bits his bottom lip, thinks what he should say next, what he should say next, or he doesn’t say anything and pretends it never happens.

“Ah, why is so hot here? Let’s go drink.” Jiyong puts his arm around Chaerin’s shoulder and drags her to go out, didn’t want to meddle Seungri and Dara’s conversation.

“Wait, we also want to go.” Seunghyun grabs Bom’s hand and they follow Jiyong and Chaerin from behind.

Seungri and Dara were lefts out since they still not finished settle their problem. They both stand still, didn’t dare to see each other’s eyes. Awkwardly looking around of their house as if there are something they need to look.

“I-I”

“I mean that is the reason I did the bet. Unfortunately, bad luck for me and you had to go out with Jonghyun.” He avoids her gazes and slides his hand in his pocket.

“I didn’t go.” A short reply from her which makes him lifts up his face.

“What?”

“I cancel it even though I told you I’m going.” She tells him the truth.

Seungri takes steps closer towards her while she takes a deep breath and watches him straight to his eyes. It was the first time she observes his charming face, his jaw, his observes his charming face, his jaw and his eyes.

Her heart beats faster than usual. It’s like she’s breathless.

“I am sorry for what I’ve done to you. I was wrong.” His hand slides to hers and entwines their fingers neatly.

“That’s okay. I already forgive you. I just want to hear your reasons, didn’t mean to hurt your feelings.” She replies to him.

“Then, can you please don’t hurt my feelings till the end?” He wraps her hand tight.

“What do you mean?”

“Perhaps, I was too fast to ask you out since we know each other for a while. But that doesn’t mean we can’t try. In this world, we need to try new things to live. And now, I want to try new things, starting with you.” He gazes her eyes deeply.

“Can I?”

“What makes you so sure you can start new things with me?” She asks back.

“With this.”

He leans forward and places his lips onto her soft lips. Kisses it with gentle, hoping he didn’t crushes her lips too hard. After that, he pulls away from the kiss and looks into her eyes once again.

“Sandara Park, can we start over?” He whispers.

“Let’s try.”

She tip toed, reaches for his lips and he kisses her back. She closes her eyes and he follows her, pulls her hand which he entwines before keeps her closer with him.

 This time he kisses her full mouth, putting his tongue inside hers and tastes sweetness of . His arms wraps around her slim waist while she put around her arms around his neck.

He pulls away from the kiss and they both inhales the air. He bits her lips and kisses her lips back. It’s been a long time she’s been kissed and feels butterfly in her stomach. She never thought Seungri has this kind side of him. She was wrong to think him negatively.

This time, she swears to believe in him.

-

“Oh! They kissed!” Jiyong shrieks while Chaerin rolls her eyes.

He’s been monitoring the couple for a long time while she stays quiet. She didn’t think they should meddling Seungri and Dara’s relationship.

“Can you stop peeking and stays quiet?” She groans, annoyed with his behaviour.

“Come on, don’t be mad. I’m just want to help them solves their problem.” He sits next to her.

“Yeah right, Kwon Jiyong.”

In sudden, they hear ringtone from her phone. She reaches her phone and looks at the caller’s name.

Hong Jun.

Jiyong’s eyes unintentionally read the caller’s name. They both froze. Chaerin hesitates to answers in front of Jiyong. They just made up.

“Answer it. Don’t bother about me.” He curves a smile to her, shows him fine with it.

“Okay.” She picks up the call and quickly stands up, walks away from him.

Besides watches her smiling over the call, he takes away his eyes from her. Better sees nothing than hurting.

-

“Seunghyun, can I ask you somethi ng?” Bom asks him sweetly, puts her hand on top of his.

“What is it?”

“What am I to you?” She asks him, the question she’s been keeping after they met his friend.

“Um… Let me think.”

“A friend or you could say we’re best friend now since we closer with each other right now.” He answers to her question with doubts.

“Re-really? That’s it?” She asks him once again to confirms.

“Yup. That’s it.” He smiles to her.

She pulls away her hand from him and weakly hangs it besides her. Her heart shatters into pieces, disappointed with his answers. She didn’t understand, why would he kissed her when he just think he as a friend?

So, she’s not special to him. Now she knows. She should’ve asked him before she could think they are more than friends.

“Let’s go to your friend’s party. Choi Siwon’s party.”

Seunghyun turns to her with a shock’s expression.

“What?”