1 (Me) + 5 (Strangers) = NO WAY

HOUSEMATE-S

 

 “Surprise!” His mother shouts. Seungri fixes his gaze the house in front of him. He blinks his eyes and opens them wider.

“So, your gift is this house?” He asks his mother with his shocks face.

“Yup!” His mother smiles, knew he would surprise with her present.

“And I’m going to live in this house?!” He shrieks.

“Yes.” His mother nods her head.

“Do you like it?” She stares at his happy face with his mouth hanging open wide.

“Like it?! Are you crazy? I love it! I’m going to live in this house alone and I can do whatever I want! Wo!” He shouts, puts his hands in the air. She bits her lower lip, frowns.

“About that… I never said you’re going to live alone in this alone.” She clasps her both hands together. His face changes and turns around looks at his mother.

“What do you mean?” He furrows his brows. She pushes her long hair from her shoulder.

“Of course you will be living in this house but not alone- Perhaps with some friend?” She takes a glance on her handsome face.

“I don’t get it.” He shook his head.

“I- I rent this house to someone because I thought you need some accompany with you.” She curves a smile on her face. Hopes he won’t freaks out after hears her confessions.

“You what?! I never ask you to do that! If I need friend, I can ask my best friend to stay over at my house. I don’t need a total stranger live with me.” He whines. He inhales and exhales the air at his surroundings.

“Aw, Seungri… Don’t be mad. Besides, I also need the house rent to pay the bills. Come on dear, cheer up.” She pinches her son’s cheek.

“Fine…” he sighs, brings his head down.

“How many?” He asks her.

“Five?” She holds out her palm.

-

“Mom, I’ll go now.” Bom waves her hand at her mother who is in the white Mercedez Benz. Mrs. Park fixes her black shades, avoids meeting her daughter’s eyes.

“It’s okay miss, I will take care of Madam.” Her mother’s secretary jerks his face from the car’s window. Bom mouths ‘thank you’ at him.

The white Mercedez Benz drive passes her through her. She plasters a smile and pulls her luggage and her dog. She straightens her head and look at big house in front of her.

 

It’s about time for me to live on my own.

She brings her long legs forward and her hand reaches the knob. She turns it and opens it slowly.

“Hello- Is anybody here?” She calls out, perhaps someone could her voice.

“Owh, Miss Park Bom. You finally came!” Mrs. Lee welcomes her by embracing her. After they let go of each other, a young guy wears white t-shirt stands beside Mrs. Lee.

“So, she also will live in this house.” He speaks in sudden while looks at Mrs. Lee.

“Hahaha. I’m sorry Miss Park Bom. This is my son.” She introduces her son.

“It’s pleasure to meet you. I’m Park Bom.” She holds out her hand to shakes hand with him.

“Yeah. Lee Seungri.” He slaps her hand. Bom and his mother gasps at his actions. Talk about being rude.

“Why don’t we meet others?” His mother suggests. Bom nods her head, trying to be cool with his ‘good’ manner. She takes a deep breath and walks alongside Mrs. Lee and her son.

She roams her eyes and saw four other members. Two guys and two girls. They seem to have different personalities. Can she communicate with them she wonders?

“Guys, this Park Bom. She will join you guys live in this house. Since you guys go to the same college, I hope all of you can get along.” Mrs. Lee said while the others just nod their heads.

“In this house have three bedrooms and two bathrooms. One bedroom has two single bedroom and two bedrooms have two double decker bed. So, you guys can decide who will sleep in those three bedrooms. Now, I have to get going or your father will get angry.” She grabs her purse and pats her son’s head.

She clicks her heels and finds her way out leave them in awkward position. They all glancing each other while their lips keep shut. Nothing utters from their mouth.

“Okay, it’s getting more awkward here. Why don’t we introduce ourselves? Getting know each other since we will live in the same house.” The skinny guy suggests. Everyone nods their head while Seungri narrows his eyes.

“Sup. Kwon Jiyong.”

“Nice to meet you, I’m Sandara Park.”

“Choi Seunghyun.”

“Lee Chaerin, just call me Chaerin.”

“I’m Park Bom.”

Everyone look at the guy leans his body on the wall while busy observes his fingers.

“What?” He shows irritated face.

“We already introduce ourselves and I think it’s your turn now.” Jiyong says.

“Owh really? I never agreed to introduce myself. So, just stay away from me.” He states, makes irritated face.

 

“Dude, we just want to know your name. It’s not that hard.” Jiyong replies.

“And I don’t want to. If you want to know, ask that girl.” He points his index finger at Bom. Everyone give their attention at her. She raises her brow, shocks at Seungri’s action.

“His name is Lee Seungri.”

“There you go! Now, may I excuse myself.” He ascends the stairs and enters 2nd bedroom.

The others stares at him, watch him do as he pleased.

“So, which girl wants to volunteer to share room with one of us?” Seunghyun asks, Jiyong and him look at the girls standing quietly.

“Sorry, I can’t share room with a guy. I’m not so good communicating with them.” Bom curves a half smile.

“It’s not like I can’t, but I don’t want to.” Chaerin crosses her arm.

“Wow, tough one.” Jiyong implies at her.

“I can volunteer.” Dara rises up her hand.

“Then, I will be sharing room with you. I don’t want to share with a stuck up kid.” Jiyong carries his bags and he ascends the stairs while Dara follows his pace.

“Okay, let’s unpack people!” Seunghyun shout.

-

“You want to be on top or below me?” Jiyong asks. He puts his bags down and stretches his arms up. Dara glances at him and rolls her eyes.

“Don’t think dirty Kwon Jiyong. We just met for 20 minutes.” She puts her luggage.

“I’m asking you want the bed on top or below, now who’s thinking dirty now?” He smirks.

“I take below.”

“Alright.” He shrugs his shoulders.

“And you don’t have to be so formal, just call me Jiyong.” He smiles.

“Fine. Then, you can call me Dara. Everyone calls me that.”

“My pleasure.” He bows.

-

Bom descends the stairs and saw white board hanging at the wall.

“What is this?” Bom asks, points her index finger at the white board written “complaints”.

“Owh. Mrs. Lee said you can complaint by write on it.” Chaerin explains while Bom nods her head.

“I’m hungry, who’s going to cook?” Jiyong says, while punches remote’s button to change the channel.

“Don’t ask me. I don’t know how to cook.” Chaerin’s back away.

“You?” He points at Bom while she shifts her eyes at other place.

“You, I’m talking to you. The rich one.” He points at her again.

“Me?” She asks back.

“Yeah, you’re the only one rich in this house.” He sets his eyes at television back.

“Aren’t you going to cook for us?”

“I can’t cook.” She bits her lips.

“Okay, you can go now.” He leans on the comfy couch.

“Dara! Can you cook for us?! I’m hungry!” Jiyong shouts.

“I can cook ramen if you want.” She replies from the stairs.

“I don’t want ramen! I want to eat rice. It’s healthier.” He shook his head.

“I only know how to cook ramen. Just eat ramen!” She shouts back.

“Don’t want!”

“What the hell is going on here?!” Seungri shouts from the upstairs.

“Yo, stuck up! You can cook or not?” Jiyong asks him.

“I can’t.”

“Then, go ask Seunghyun if he can cook or not.” He commands him.

“Ask for yourself.” Seungri enters his room back.

“Urgh, just a stuck up kid.” He crosses his arms.

-

Seunghyun descends the stairs, observes everyone’s doing. Jiyong sleeping on the couch, Bom playing with her dogs, Seungri watching television, Chaerin reading books and Dara… He can’t really figures her out.

“Have you guys eat?” He asks but no one replies.

“Uhum, uhum! Have anyone in this house eat?” He repeats his question.

“No.” Seungri replies.

“We didn’t eat yet because no one can cook in this house.” Chaerin continues.

“I want to cook ramen but Jiyong said ramen wasn’t healthy food.”  She pouts.

“Then, do you want me to cook?” He asks.

“You can cook?” Bom asks.

“Of course I can.” He smiles.

“I need two persons to help me out.” He enters the kitchen and picks up the apron. He wears it and looks at the girls.

“So, no one wants to help me?”

“Me, me. I want !” Dara follows him to the kitchen. Bom watches Seunghyun and Dara getting ready to cook.

“Bom, do you want to help us?” Seunghyun saw she stares at him.

“Can I?”

“Sure. Come on.” He smiles.

-

“Huarghh...” Jiyong yawns. He rubs his eyes and opens his eyes slowly. He saw everyone gather around the table, sets up the table.

“What are you guys doing?” He stands up from the couch and stretches his body.

“We set up for dinner.” Chaerin replies.

“Why didn’t you guys wake me up?”

“We did. Many times, you’re the one who didn’t realize that. I thought you’re dead already.” Chaerin mocks him.

“Dara, can you get Seungri to eat with us?” Seunghyun asks.

“Okay.” She nods.

Dara wears out her apron from her skinny body and ascends the stairs.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

No response.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Again, no response.

Urgh, this guy gives me a headache.

KNOCK! KNOCK! KN-

“What the-” Seungri’s word stops, saw she stands in front him.

“What do you want little girl?” He asks.

“I’m not little girl. I’m 22 years old.” She put her hands on her waist.

“Really? You look younger. Don’t lie.” He snorts.

“I’m not. Urgh, what am I doing? I came here to get you to eat with us. Seunghyun already cooked for us.”

“I don’t want.” He refuses and tries to get back into the room but she caught his arm.

“Then, what are you going to eat?”

“Why do you want to know? It’s none of your business.” He talks back at her.

“But you will be hungry if-” He close the door right in front of her while she has not finishes talking.

“Huh…” She sighs and descends the stairs.

The four members look at the petite girl.

“Let me guess, he doesn’t want to eat with us?” Jiyong puts his index finger pointing at his head. She nods.

“Why don’t we eat first, I will save some of the food for him.” Everyone agrees.

-

“Wow, the food is delicious!” Jiyong compliments while chewing his food in his mouth.

“Thanks.” Seunghyun smile.

“Do you often cook for yourself?” Bom asks, glances at Seunghyun.

“Well, cooking is really my stuff, you know. Since my father really a busy man, I kind of take care myself when he is not around.” He explains.

“Ok, out of the topic. Um, do anyone knows, why ‘he’ doesn’t seem so bright with us? Did he have issue with one of us?” Chaerin points her fork up, to show ‘he’ she talks about is Seungri.

“Perhaps he have. Jiyong maybe?” Dara looks at Jiyong, while he stops munches his food. Everyone gives him a look.

“What? Me? What did I do wrong? I’ve just met him today, how can I have problems with him.” He snorts.

“You called him ‘stuck up kid’.” Bom points out his rude nick name to Seungri.

“Well, he is acting like one.” He replies.

“That’s rude.” Dara takes Seungri sides.

“I’m just being honest okay.” He shrugs his shoulders.

“Or maybe he doesn’t like us staying with him?” Seunghyun blurts out the reason while eating.

Everyone gasps, their eyes wide open while their mouths hanging.

“How did you know?” Dara asks him.

“I’m just guessing. Okay, let us refresh back our moments with him back then.” He puts his spoon and fork on the table, everyone follows his lead.

“When we’re introducing ourselves, did he join us?” He asks the others.

“No.” They shook their heads.

“Did he show us his smile?”

“No.” Again they shook their heads.

“And did he say us to stay away from him?”

“You’ve got the point.” Chaerin agrees with him.

“Besides, this is his mother’s house. Of course he doesn’t want to share with strangers.” Seunghyun says while continues eats his food.

“So, what are going to do about it?” Bom asks.

“Nothing. If he doesn’t want to involve with us, it’s cool. It’s not like we have to be BFFs or something.” He makes a joke about it.

“That’s hard.” Dara mumbles.

-

“Tomorrow is a new day for us.” Jiyong says, while stretching his body before climbing up to his bed.

“Yes. I’m psyched since this is my last year and suddenly I have to changed college because I have to move here. I hope tomorrow is going well.” She takes  a deep breath and leans on her comfy bed.

“Hope so.” He prays for it and climbs on his bed.

-

Seunghyun enters his room and saw Seungri busy typing on his laptop.

“Hey, can I ask you something?” He leans on his bed. Seungri stays quiet.

“Did you really hate living with us?” He stares up on Seungri’s bed on top of him.

The younger sighs and bit his lips. He doesn’t know how to response to Seunghyun’s question.

“I do not hate anyone in this house. I’m just mad at my mom because she rent this house to you guys and I’m not comfortable with living with strangers. I know you guys think I’m being stuck up because of my rude behaviour. But that is who I am, I cannot stop it.” He set his eyes back at laptop’s screen.

“I know you don’t feel comfortable, but we’re going to live with each other from now on. You have to try your best to get comfortable with us. Time heals everything. I hope you changed you mind.” He advices Seungri before closes his eyes to get a sleep.