Chapter 9

Facade

Zaion’s POV:
Baekhyun looked away stubbornly.

“Byun Baekhyun. Tell. Me. What. Happened.”

“Nothing, okay! My sister and I just needed a place to stay.”

I was getting irritated. Was he kidding me?

“How can you tell me it was nothing when the physical proof on your face tells me that it was something?”

He still avoided eye contact.

“Tell you what, if you want, I can put on a movie for your sister and we can talk in another room.”

“Alright, fine”, he turned to his sister, “Su-Young, do you want Zaion to put on a movie for you?”

She nodded and grabbed my hand.

“Do you have Alpha and Omega?”

I smiled.

“As a matter of fact, I do.”

Her little face brightened up as much as it possibly could with such bruises.

“Su-Young, your name is very pretty”, I said while putting in the movie.

“Thank you. Zaion is a pretty name, too.”

“Thanks.”

When the movie was on, Su-Young was completely into it. I walked over to Baekhyun and pulled him into the home office.

“Alright, Baekhyun, tell me what happened.”

He opened his mouth but no words came out.

“It’s okay, take your time.”

He sighed and took a seat in a chair.

“Alright, ever since I could remember, my parents always fought. By the time I was about nine, they started taking it out on me and dragging me into the middle of it. They’d have opposing opinions and ask me who was right. If I gave the wrong answer or no answer at all I’d get punished. When my sister was born, she was still so little but since there were two of us, they decided to give me twice the punishment just because.”

Baekhyun took a shaky breath. I could tell he was trying to calm himself but tears poured down his face anyway. I pulled him close and rubbed his back gently.

“Baekhyun, you don’t have to continue if you don’t want to.”

“I just don’t want Su-Young to have to go through that. I don’t want her to have to hold that inside of her like I did.”

There was a click in my mind and my own tears began to fall. I didn’t understand what that feeling was  but I’d never forget it.

“Baekhyun, you stay here as long as you need to. I’ll help you take care of your sister. I can help you with anything you need help with. I’ll help you to the best of my ability.”

I wiped his tears and he wiped mine. I stared into his eyes and saw a mixture of old sorrow and new relief. He stared right back and at that moment I wished I would have told him everything. He told me but I still choked on the words.

Caught up in the moment, I let my fingertips gently brush his cheek. He  continued to look me in the eyes. It felt as if he were peering into my soul, sifting through my secrets, and shining a light in the darkest corners of my life.

“How do you do it?”

He looked up at me curiously.

“How do you get over the fear of telling people?”

He pulled me into his lap and laid his head on my shoulder.

“That’s easy. The trick is to tell someone you care about. Maybe even love.”

His gaze, at this point, was all seriousness. The intensity of his eyes drew me in like a moth to flame. Our faces were only centimeters apart. I could feel his breath on my lips. We got closer and closer.

“Zaion eonnie!”

Baekhyun and I parted and looked away shyly.

“I guess that’s my cue. I’ll be right back.”

I walked out to where Su-young was.

“Yes?”

“I’m hungry, what is there to eat?”

I thought for a second.

“What do you like to eat?”

“Anything as long as it’s food.”

I was starting to like her more and more.

“Baekhyun, can you come here?”

“Yes?”

“Help me make dinner.”

He blinked at me with not a single expression on his face.

“What? Why?”

“Because Su-Young and I are hungry.”

“But I’m not.”

I glared at him and he put his hands up defensively.

“Alright, how about...we make....spaghetti with meatballs, baked chicken, and dinner rolls?”

I rubbed my tummy. I swear they know their food!

“Sounds like a plan, darlings!”

We got to work putting together a dinner as if we were a family. Baekhyun made the spaghetti, I made the chicken (Why do I always get the hard jobs?) and Su-Young prepared the dinner rolls and set the table. Working in the kitchen with them was fun. The finished product was totally delicious!

After dinner, Su-Young fell asleep on the couch so Baekhyun took her up to my room and laid her in the extra bed.

“Dinner was great, but I’m sleepy.”

I fell over Baekhyun’s lap dramatically, pretending sleep was dragging me down to a dream filled abyss.

“Why are you falling all over me?”

I looked at him innocently.

“Carry me?”

He looked at me in silence first, but then he busted out laughing. I pouted.

“What will it take to get you to carry me up to my room?”

He thought.

“Finish the kiss we almost shared.”

“Nah, I’ll walk.”

I got up but he pulled me back down.

“Wae? Nan geuleohge jeohang maj-jyo? Am I not so irresistible?”

He posed and I pretended to examine his face.

“Eh, okay, maybe a little kiss.”

He narrowed his eyes at me.

“So pretty, yet so cold.”

I laughed.

“Okay, okay. I’ll kiss you.”
Our faces inched together slowly and our lips met softly. I felt sparks all throughout my body. I never wanted to even sit near a person before and yet here I am, kissing a gorgeous guy who stuck by me no matter how much I lashed out.

Baekhyun kissed me as if he were hanging on for dear life. I guess in a way, he was. I was too. He deepened the kiss and brushed his tongue against my bottom lip. Thus begun the battle for dominance. What can I say, he was good at what he did.

We pulled apart for air and he looked at me in a way that made me feel so loved. It was a feeling that I wasn’t really used to but I could learn to live with it.

“You still gonna carry me?”

He lifted me up bridal style and carried me into my room. Gently, he laid me down on the bed. I was beginning to relax but he pushed me over.

“Whatcha doooin’?”

He chuckled.

“I’m sleeping next to you.”

“Okay, I have no objections.”

We both laughed but were careful not to wake Su-Young. I turned out the light and we immediately drifted into a deep sleep.






A/N: Finally, things get exposed to the fresh air outside!!! This was a wonderful surfacing of the truth but the story ain’t over yell dolls! I will be working really hard to make it as good as possible for the next chapters!

Comment, Subscribe, Upvote, etc. Chapter 10 coming soon!!!