Chapter 13

Facade

A/N: I apologize for taking so long! I am now going to deliver what you have been waiting so patiently for. :D


Zaion’s POV:
I woke up twelve noon on the stairs.

I was positive I made it to my bed last night.

When I turned my head, I noticed two things. One, Baekhyun made it closer to the bed than I did. Five stairs closer. Two, I had a headache. Candy hangover surely wasn’t the best thing in the world.

I got up and walked down to the living room. It was spotless. Baekhyun must’ve hyper cleaned before he crashed. He did eat a bit more candy than I did, he probably held out longer. I couldn’t believe he had such a sweet tooth.

I hummed the tune of Price tag by Jessie J while making some breakfast and tea. After I got dressed and brushed my teeth, of course. I also dragged Baekhyun upstair to my room. The boy slept like the dead so I had to pull him up the rest of the stairs. It was relatively easier compared to when I tried to push him over in the bed. (Refer to chapter 10)

When I was done with all my heavy lifting (Side-eye to Baekhyun) I went back down to finish my breakfast. I decided to read a book so I went to our library. It was just a room we put books in. For the most part it was empty. There were no shelves, just box upon box of books. I picked up Nightshade by Andrea Cremer. I was about to leave the room when I heard a soft thump.

I turned around and saw my book of poems. A small smile crept up onto my face. The book of my most private thoughts and feelings in many free-verse stanzas. I let my fingers trail over the rips and tears of the worn brown leather cover. I immediately opened it.

I flipped through dusty pages until I came to the poem I was looking for. Silently I began to read.

 

 

Stitched, sewn, stapled back together.

I was like frankenstein,

nuts and bolts thrown in place,

electrically charged with artificial life.

 

I was once whole,

no longer human but a monster.

Sloppy seams and scar tissue;

they cover every inch of me.

 

My creators no longer want me,

love and friends were never true.

Clockwork heart,

it ticks slowly,

waiting.

 

My love will never come.


My eyes brimmed with tears. Not because I was sad. No, not at all. It’s because I was dead wrong. My love was upstairs, ready to take my heart and to give me his.

I sat there for silent moments when Baekhyun called.

“I’m in here!”

Baekhyun walked in and looked around.

“What are you doing?”

I smiled and patted the space next to me. He sat down.

“Remember when I told you the first line of one of my poems?”

He nodded.

“I found it.”

I handed him the book and he read. When he was done, he looked up at me.

“I think it’s beautiful, just like you.”

I smiled shyly and looked away.

“Zaion, look at me.”

I looked up slowly.

“I love you so much. I love everything about you. Your sense of humor, your fashion sense, everything. You’re beautiful inside and out. I’m happy to say you’re mine and I’m even happier to say I’m yours.”

That did it. He used those lovely words in his amazing voice and escalated my feelings for him tenfold.

I froze up a bit. I tried to get the words out of my mouth. It had occurred to me that I never truly said those four words back to him. I never said it to anyone. I decided that if I’d ever say it to anyone, it’s be him.

He took my hand in his and I felt as if we were one.

“I love you too, with all my heart.”

He smiled at me so warmly. I felt myself melt. If he kept that up, I’d wind up being a big puddle of Zaion on the floor.

I didn’t realize I was just sitting there until Baekhyun waved his hand in front of my face. I jumped a bit and fell over. I was thankful that I wasn’t standing.

“What did you say?”

He chuckled.

“Is there any breakfast?”

“Oh, yeah, I saved some for both you and Su-Young.”

He nodded and went off and into the kitchen. I decided it’d be nice to go back to bed for a bit. I smiled at Su-Young, who had been reading on the couch. That reminded me why I was in the makeshift library in the first place. Oh well.


I had been asleep for about ten minutes when my phone rung. My eyes were still closed but I felt around for it. When I found it I put it to my ear.

“Hello”, I asked irritably.

“Is that any way to talk to a parent?”

“If you’re my parent then yeah.”

“Anyway! I hope you like your gift. You did say that we needed to do something for you for once.”

“You’ve never given me a gift in my life. What the actual fu-”, I changed my language. I didn’t feel like arguing over that as well, “What are you talking about?”

She chuckled and at that moment all the sleep fled from my system.

“I sent you something big. It goes by the pretty little name of Vianey!”

Cue the spit take and cartoonish jaw dropping.

Did she just say she sent Vianey?

“WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!?! YOU ARE A WRETCHED PIECE OF TRASH! YOU NO GOOD, LOW DOWN DIRTY BIT-”

Baekhyun poked his head through the door with furrowed brows. I looked back at him blankly and he stared at me questioningly.

“Listen, now is not the time for this. I do not have the patience for this mess.”

I hung up, giving “mommy-dearest” no time to speak. I looked at my phone then at Baekhyun.

“I don’t even know why I answer her calls.”

Baekhyun sat on the bed next to me.

“You say that she’s never done anything for you. Maybe, subconsciously, you hold on to a small glimmer of hope that she’d do the right thing.”

I looked over at him and chuckled.

“Thank you, Dr. Phil.”

He stuck his tongue out at me and headed back downstairs.






The days breezed by and we actually went back to school . It was friday, around the end of the day was what I was waiting for. Call me psychotic (I freaking dare you) but I was anticipating this.

“Are you sure you don’t want us to go with you, Zaion?”

Baekhyun looked worried. I kinda felt bad for making him feel that way but I had to do what I had to do.

“Yeah, this Vianey girl is hot, but she seems to be a big problem”, CL said while munching on some chips.

I rolled my eyes.

“You would think that the most evil chick in the world was hot.”

I walked over to the gym, the guys stepping in tow. This was it. I was 
actually gonna do the most potentially life threatening thing ever. Baekhyun regarded me with soft eyes and CL patted my shoulder for good luck.


“Here I go...”

 

 

 

To Be Continued....

 

 

 

 


A/N: All a part of my bigger plan for this story. I’m sorry for keeping you waiting!!!! Next chapter may be the longest one ever!! We’ll see!!!! Peace, love, tranquility, and EXO!!!