Chapter 6

Facade

Zaion’s POV:
That night I woke up somewhere warm and comfortable. My bed. It was pitch black so I reached over to turn on my bedside lamp. Once The room was illuminated enough, I let my eyes adjust.

Memories from earlier that day flooded back into my mind. The walk to school, the story, and...

Baekhyun.

I pulled out my phone to check for messages. When I saw there was one, hope glimmered inside me.

Frome: Baby Baek
Zaion, how are you? Listen, I didn’t mean to......

I continued to read his message and decided to send one back.

To: Baby Baek
I’m fine. Sick, but fine. If you didn’t mean to then you wouldn’t have. It doesn’t really matter if you did or not. You asked if you can call. CAN you? Sure, call me when you can.

Almost immediately there was a phone call.

“Oh my goodness, Zaion, you’re awake! Are you okay?”

I furrowed my brows.

“How’d ya know I wasn’t awake?”

“I’m the one who put you in your bed.”

I blinked twice.

“How did you get in my house?”

“You left your door open.”

I hadn’t noticed before but it seemed as if Baekhyun was crying. He really did hold more than he let on.

“The question should have been are YOU alright?”

“Why do you ask?”

“You sound like you’ve been crying. Do I have to stomp a mudhole in the face of the chick or dude who hurt you?”

He laughed a bit, seeming like the Baekhyun I once knew.

“No, no. That won’t be necessary.”

His voice was soft and barely audible and yet I could hear the layers of emotion that he tried to keep under wraps. I could just hear it.

“I got your text, Zaion, and you said you were sick. Do you want me to bring some soup?”

I thought about it for a minute. With my parents gone, I could use the company. Maybe him and some soup would be enough to make me feel happy.

I refuse to be a Clara. That story will not become my own.

“Sure, I could use the company. Wait- it’s eleven thirty at night, will your parents be okay with it?”

He paused for a second.

“They’ll be fine. I’ll be over in, like, twenty minutes tops!”

I laughed and we said our goodbyes. He was coming over and I hadn’t even taken my medication yet. I ran down to the bathroom and pulled it out. The doctors couldn’t identify the sickness for what it really was, but the medicine they gave me this time worked out okay. I took two of the small pills and took a sip of water. I’d probably be fine enough.

After some time, Baekhyun arrived at my door and sure enough, he’d held a container of soup.

I moved out of the way so that he could come in. Baekhyun pulled me close and hugged me. He was so warm on my skin and he smelled so good. I didn’t want him to let go.

“I’m so glad you’re okay. If you didn’t text me or didn’t wake up I wouldn’t know what to do.”

“Awh, hyunnie, I don’t know what to say.”

“You don’t have to say anything”, he whispered in my ear, “Just eat the soup.”

He handed me the full container.

“What if I don’t like it?” I asked, playing his game.

“Considering the fact that I slaved over that hot stove for you, you better like it. Besides, I don’t know any other way to heal you.”

I smirked. I bet he planned out my every move.

“I can think of a few ways, but I don’t think we’re ready for that yet.”

We were face to face. Now was my chance to have him on his toes. I got closer and closer. When I was less than  an inch away from his lips, I backed up and turned around.

“Well, this is fun and all but I think I’m gonna have some soup.”

I looked back and his eyes were wide. Haha, success!! I gave a wink and proceeded to eat. The soup was great! It was still hot and it warmed my insides. Almost as much as the hug he gave me.

“I love the soup!”

He smiled and pulled out his phone.

“While you eat, I’m playing Temple Run.”

I laughed.

Once the soup was gone, I felt a bit sleepy.

“Baekhyunnie, I’m  sleepy.”

“I would be too, it’s  a bit past midnight. Well do you want me to go home or stay here? I noticed your parents aren’t back yet. It must be kinda lonely.”

I looked down.

“A bit.”

“Tell you what, let me run and get some clothes and I’ll be back. I also have to check on my sister really quickly as well.”

I nodded and he walked out the door.





A/N: This may be a dual post day, so yeah!!! I smell something....I think it’s called LOVE!!!!! Maybe.... You shall find out more truths next chapter!!!!