Epilogue

Facade

Omniscient POV:
-20 Years Later-

Zaion and Baekhyun sat together in front of the fireplace once cold December night. It was Christmas eve and it was snowing outside.

“It’s so cold, even with a nice fire in front of us”, Zaion said bitterly.

“Well no one told you to eat half of a tub of ice cream, either.”

Zaion pouted.

“But rocky road is my favorite  flavor! Nothing, not even cold weather can keep me away!”

“That right there is the answer to your problem.”

They both laughed and cuddled closer together. It was perfect. Late night, a fire, two people who loved each other very much. It was so peaceful.

“Mommy! Daddy!”

Well...almost peaceful. The two proud parents perked up when their six year old daughter, Rae Na (Rae for short) stood in front of the with an outstretched hand. On her palm was a tooth.

“It came out while I was asleep! The tooth fairy is gonna give me twenty dollars for this one!”

“Bwoh?! Twenty dollars?” Baekhyun asked.

“Wow, the price for teeth has gone up! Why twenty?”

Rae Na smiled brightly.

“This one was my favorite.”

“Why?” Both parents asked together.

“It was my sweet tooth!”

They all laughed but went silent when there was a knock on the door.

“Who could that be?”

“Think hard, it’s holiday season, jagiya.”

“Riii~ght!”

Zaion got up to open the door.

“Oh my goodness!”

“Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the waaa~y! Merry Christmas eonnie!!”

Su-Young stood in front of her, all grown up. No matter how many times she saw her, her eyes couldn’t believe it. From the seven year old girl she once knew to the twenty seven year old woman before her.

“Su-Young please come in! Look at you, just so grown up! Where’s your husband?”

Su-Young smiled.

“He’s working late at the hospital. Let’s cut to the chase, where’s Rae?”

The little girl ran over to her aunt.

“Auntie Susu!”

Baekhyun walked over to his sister and raised an eyebrow.

“No hello, hug, or Merry Christmas for your own brother?”

“No.”

Baekhyun pretended to be hurt.

“I’m kidding, gimme a hug, babo!”

He rolled his eyes but gave her a hug anyway.

The entire group sat in front of the fire, drinking cocoa and playing games. It was nearly eleven at night and there was another knock at the door.

“Who is it this time?”

Baekhyun carried his daughter as he went to answer the door.

“We wish you a merry Christmas, We wish you a merry Christmas and a happy new year!”

“Sorry we don’t like carollers!”

“Wait, Baekhyun-wait, no don’t close the-”

Baekhyun closed the door and walked back over to the couch, sitting Rae Na on his lap.

“Who was that”, Zaion and Su-Young asked.

“Carollers”, he replied simply.

Zaion rolled her eyes and went to answer the door when there was another, louder knock.

“Oh my- Vianey, CL!”

Vianey let them in. When they stepped into the house whey glared at Baekhyun who smiled and waved cutely.

The gang was all there and they laughed and played and caught up.

At midnight, Zaion suggested that Baekhyun sing them a song. In the end he did more than that, he put on their own special Christmas concert with songs that everyone requested. He also sung a song he wrote years ago called What Is Love as part one of Zaion’s gift. It was, afterall, their wedding song.

Everyone exchanged gifts and had fun being with each other again. There in the house that held most painful memories, all five adults and little Rae made some of the most special ones.

That holiday season, each and every one of them wrote a letter to an old friend. George Greyson. He’d retired and moved to Tahiti so he was happy!

The one thing that stood out most to him was what Zaion had written:

 

 

If not for you, we wouldn’t be where we are now. You can deny it and say it was me all you want, but we all know that the magic was all your doing. I wouldn’t have made the decisions I made if you didn’t assign us together. I don’t know how life would have turned out had you put me with someone else. I actually don’t wanna think about it. I’m just happy with what I have now!

 

Thank you and Happy Holidays Greyson!

-Zaion (a.k.a Mrs. Byun)


Mr. Greyson read that letter and began to accept the fact that he had given them all the best gifts of all: Hope and a life of love.




A/N: It’s...it’s over! *Cries* This was fun while it lasted!! I love you guys so much! If not for you all, I would never have finished this story. Saranghaeyo!!!! I have another story that I have started and check it out if you haven’t! Our journey can continue! Don’t forget to comment!

P.S. I would love to hear
your opinions. What was your favorite
part? Mine was the scene at Braum’s ice cream shop.
The cashier had it coming. <3 <3 <3