Chapter 10

Facade

Zaion’s POV:
It was Saturday and I woke up with the sun burning it’s brightness in my eyes. When I got up, I found myself on the floor. I looked at me bed and there was Baekhyun sprawled out across it.

-___- Seriously?

I got completely off the floor and went downstairs. Su-Young was on the couch watching cartoons. Brings back some great memories.

“Good morning, Su-Young. Want breakfast?”

She nodded and smiled. Why are little kids so cute? I’m so jealous.

“What do you want to eat?”

“I actually just want a muffin. I’m not really hungry.”

I pulled out the muffins and she stared at them with hazy eyes. Slowly and seriously, she approached the muffins. When she reached for one I could hear her stomach growl. I couldn’t hold in the giggles.

“What? Muffins make me that way.”

I continued to laugh and she went back to watching cartoons.

I started feeling tired again so I ran back up to my room. I saw Baekhyun still stretched out on my bed. I guess I’m gonna have to push him over. I set out to work but he wouldn’t budge. I pushed and pulled but he would not move.

“What the heck?! How’d he get so heavy? He looks like he weighs less than I do!”

“Looks can be deceiving, Zaion”, I heard him say, his voice raspy with sleep.

“Move over”, was all I said.

He moved over and I practically jumped into the space. As I laid there, Baekhyun wrapped his arm around my waist. I scooted into him even more. Don’t tell him, but I was really just taking advantage of his body heat. Kekeke!

I fell instantly to sleep and felt warm while doing so. Too bad the sleep didn’t last too long. Baekhyun got up, making his warmth disappear.

“Dangsin-eun nae ttatteusham neun meolli! You made my warmth go away!”

Baekhyun paused in his tracks as he was nearing the door.

“What did you just say?”

“You made my warmth go away.”

“No, no, before that.”

“I said you made my warmth go away, except in Korean.”

He came over and sat at the foot of the bed.

“Why didn’t you tell me you could speak Korean?”

I shrugged.

“You didn’t ask.”

“How’d you learn it?”

“My uncle married a Korean woman a few years ago. I stayed with them one summer and my aunt, Min-Ju, taught me.”

He stared at me blankly.

“I’ve been speaking english for nothing.”

“In all fairness, one of the first things I was told about you was that you were fluent in english. I just decided that since I didn’t have to make an effort to communicate, I just wouldn’t.”

On his face was a goofy smirk.

“Alright, Hyunnie, until you get your sanity back, I’ll be getting dressed. We’re going to the park.”

He got up and grabbed Su-Young’s clothes and some of his own.

“There’s one other bathroom, right? I’ll let Susu go first.”

I nodded.

“But instead of that, you can also take the bathroom I was going to use and I can go to the one in my parents’ old room.”

He smiled and went to do something, I assumed it was getting dressed. I can’t say for sure because I wasn’t there. I was surprised at how respectful Baekhyun was. Usually when a guy his age was around a girl who was going to get dressed, he’d try to follow her into the bathroom.

“I surely did stumble upon a jewel in a mound of dirt.”

When I got out of the bathroom and went downstairs, Baek and Su-Young were waiting for me.

“Took you long enough, slowpoke.”

“Blah blah blah.”

The walk to the park was nice. It was the perfect temperature and the air was fresh. Baekhyun and I walked hand in hand as Su-Young walked ahead of us.

“Zaion?”

“Yeah?”

“I have to tell you something. It’s very important to me so I want you to listen closely.”

“Okay.”

He walked over to me with a swagger that made my inner fangirl fight against her shackles. He brought his face toward mine and gave me a gentle peck on my lips. I was seriously anticipating what he was going to say.

Ever-so-slightly he pulled back, just enough for me to feel his heat. My heart was beating faster than a well used Hemi.

On my lips he whispered, “Race ya.”

I felt myself frown. Say whaaat?!

“What?”

“Race ya to the swings!”

Baekhyun ran over to the swings. He was much quicker than I thought.

“Hey, no fair! You got a head start!”

I ran after him but out of nowhere, Su-Young began running toward the swing. Unfortunately for me, that little girl was fast. That’s it, I’m getting a membership at the gym!

I looked at Baekhyun and he caught my drift.

“Oh, no. I am not giving up my swing.”

I stepped closer.

“Nope.”

Even closer.

“No way, girl, this swing is mine!”

“Fine, you leave me no choice.”

I pouted and batted my eyelashes.

“Pwease, oppa? Pwetty pwease?”

His jaw dropped.

“You are a cruel woman, you know that?”

I nodded.

“You were, too, when you tried to get my number.”

“Okay, fine, I’ll share.”

Baekhyun pulled me into his lap and moved the swing slowly.

“You’re really cute.”

I blinked at him.

“I’m what?”

“You’re cute. You’re really very cute.”

I looked at Su-Young. She stared right back, almost as if to say ‘You’re cute but not as much as me’.

I laughed.

“Good, I just wanted you to say it again.”

“Well you didn’t have to do that. I was probably gonna say it again anyway.”

I chuckled and leaned my head against his. As I let my eyes roam around the park, I noticed a familiar group of people. I automatically grabbed hold of the swing chains when they pointed at me.

What would they want with me?

I couldn’t really see their faces since I didn’t have my glasses but I was starting to feel a bit uneasy.

“Baekhyunnie, we need to go”, I said grabbing his hand.

“What? Why?”

I looked back and the group was walking toward us. As they got nearer their faces came into view. My heart was beating in my ears and I felt my stomach churn.

“I-I-I just forgot to take my medication! That’s it!”

I tugged him up off of the swing and he grabbed Su-Young.

“Wait, what medication?”

I became panicked.

“Listen, we’ve already wasted so much time. We’ve gotta go before-”

“Well if it isn’t little ZZ!”

Like a bite from a snake, that voice sent venom flowing painfully through my veins. I turned around slowly and gulped...





TO BE CONTINUED


A/N: I just had to cut you off like that. It’s my job as the author of this fanfic to deliver this whenever I can! I hope you liked it. That’s actually all I really care about, my readers’ satisfaction! Please comment, subscribe, upvote, and all that swell stuff!!! I’m always happy to talk to some of the readers and make friends so take that how you will! I’m outtie sweetnesses!!!! XD