Chapter 15 (part 1)

Facade

*Explanation for the whole part one thing is explained later in the notes. The next will still be chapter 15 and things will continue forward for the story.

 

 

Zaion’s POV:
I looked out the hospital window. The skies were cold, dark, and grey. It had been about a week since Baekhyun was there and honestly, I wanted him back. I didn’t want him to go in the first place.

-flashback-

“Goodbye, Zaion.”

His tone of voice made those words fell like a punch to the face. It had hurt me so deeply that I was really even doing this, but I had to.

“No, no, no! It’s only until we can get things sorted out!”

I tried to keep my cool but it was all going down the drain. I didn’t want to put on another face. The masquerade, it gets old.

“Or maybe, it’s forever.”

That was it. I died inside. He walked away and not once did he turn to look back. Tears poured down my face and I began to regret my decision. But if he stayed, there was a big risk of something much worse happening.

I laid back into the fluffy white pillows and tried to accept the fact that I’d brought it upon myself.

-flashback over-

“Miss Zaion! Miss Zaion!”

I snapped back into reality as the nurse called my name.

“I’m sorry. Yes?”

“There’s someone here to see you.”

I felt  myself perk up at the hope that it was the one person I needed to see most.

That hope diminished when Vianey walked through the door. Don’t get me wrong, Vianey had been visiting me everyday since I arrived in the hospital. She’d been working so hard to be a better person, starting with me, but she just wasn’t the person I needed to see right now. I guess she caught the look on my face.

“Still no word from Baekhyun?”

I shook my head.

“You know I had to do it. I just didn’t want to get Baekhyun wrapped up in all my trouble. Definitely since he has his own problems and his little sister to take care of.”

“How could you have gotten them in trouble?”

I sighed.

“Before I went to see you at the pep rally, I got a text from my parents. They said they’d be back soon.”

She looked confused.

“How long is soon exactly?”

“That’s why they had to go. My parents didn’t even say when. They only said soon. They wouldn’t want to wait too long.”

“I get it now. But don’t you think he deserved an explanation?”

“Yup, and that’s why, later I am going to give him one.”

An awkward silence fell between us. The air was heavy with unspoken words.

Vianey chuckled.

“What?”

“Nothing. I was just thinking...do you remember how you got the name ZZ hightops?”

I smiled. How on earth could I forget?

“Yeah. It was because I”, she joined me for the last part, “preferred hightops to ballet flats.”

We giggled.

“I remember your nickname too!”

“Oh goodness, don’t!”

“Sass master Vi!”

She laughed.

“Oh my gosh, why?”

“Well you were always a sassy little thing. The teachers even used that name during attendance!”

We giggled like we used to years before.

“Oh, I have something to tell you!”

“What?”

“Me and CL are dating.”

She had a big smile and was getting ready to hug me. She stopped mid-way when I didn’t return any of it. As her smile faded, mine grew!

“He told me he thought you were hot! He so wanted you when he first laid eyes on you!”

We sat and giggled and chatted like little girls! I was actually beginning to forget some of the heartache.

“Oh, I almost forgot, the nurse told me to tell you that you can go home tomorrow and that they have newer and better stabilizer pills for you.”

I cheered up a bit and smiled.

She looked down at her phone.

“Visiting hours are just about up. I’m gonna have to go.”

“Thanks for visiting me!”

Vianey gave me a hug then walked out of the room.

I looked at the clock on the wall and it was getting late. I decided to go to sleep. Maybe he was waiting at home for me. Just maybe. Either way I would see him at school.






A/N: Here’s the deal readers. I’m gonna split this into parts. It’s too much for me to type since my attention span is kinda short. I stopped so many times so I’m gonna type part 2 but deliver this right now. I just wanted to give a lil’ sumthin sumthin. Hahahaha, hope you like it. I know it’s short but I will work on part 2 now. It's just to lighten the load.