Chapter 1

Facade

Zaion’s POV

As I walked through the halls, people stopped and stared. They act as if they never saw a person before. Whatever. I made my way over to my locker and grabbed my history book.

“Time for class with Mr. Monroe, or should I say Mr. Monotone.”

I mentally laughed at my own joke. I did a once-over in my mirror and a smirk appeared on my face. The blue and black beanie looked pretty good over my fluffy mane of hair. Perfect.

The first bell rang, signalling that it was time to go to class. The sea of students split and divided, leaving me in the hall alone and that was the way I liked it. No cheerleaders. No jocks. No jerks.

I walked slowly in the direction of my class and let my mind wander. My brain flashed images of a park with lots of children running and playing. People were smiling and laughing. I began to lose all sense of reality. I felt the warmth of the sun and the coolness of the breeze here and there.

I felt eleven again. I was so happy and carefree but as they say, all good things must come to an end. I hadn’t noticed I was running to begin with but I slowed a bit as the hurt reared its ugly head.

I realized that I had been running again but before I could stop myself, I ran into something hard.

“Zaion, why aren’t you in class?”

I had to see him so many times a week so why was I surprised that it was Principal Greyson standing before me? Think, Z, you have a brain for a reason.

“Why aren’t you in your office? I’ll answer your question when you answer that, Greyson.”

Principal Greyson only rolled his eyes at me. I kind of wanted to laugh at how funny it was to see him so uncaring of what I was saying.

“Listen, missy, I was just coming to get you anyway.”

I wrinkled my brows quizzically.
“Um...why?”

The man only laughed and motioned for me to follow. I got up and sighed. No use putting up a fight. I was probably going to wind up in his office later anyway.

When we passed through the main office I waved at some of the administrators and secretaries I’d see often. Over the last two years we’d become well acquainted. Because of them, I knew some teacher gossip and I had access to the teachers’ lounge during lunch.

“Hi, ladies, how’s it going?” I just had to be polite to someone.

The principal led me into his office and told me to sit. I went to sit in my usual spot, but there was a boy sitting there. Has he no regard for other people’s possessions?

“Hey...uhm...Greyson? Who is the dude in my chair?”

The boy just stared at me.

“Zaion, the chair is not yours and that is Byun Baekhyun, the reason I called you in here.”

I was kinda confused as to why this boy had something to do with me. I didn’t even know him!

“Principal Greyson, my birthday was a month ago, you’re a bit late, bud. Secondly, why did you get me a guy? I admit, he looks pretty good but a bit too scrawny and feminine for me.”

I looked him over and he shifted slightly.

“He has nice thighs, though, so his might be great too...”

Baekhyun blushed and Greyson let out an annoyed sigh. Two reactions for one comment? Score!

“He is not a birthday gift and he is not chattel. I called you in here for him because he is an exchange student from Korea but he speaks good English. The reason I called you in here is because you are going to be Baekhyun’s friend.”

I choked a bit at his last sentence. This guy was forcing me to be Baekhyun’s friend? The only thing I knew about him was that his name was Byun Baekhyun and he was from Korea.

“Excuse me, what?”

Was it just me or did principal Greyson smirk?

“Well, young lady, you have enough bad things on your record to get expelled but I gave you many chances. This is your last chance. How you treat Baekhyun will determine what I do with your record.”

I had a lot of pride but I managed to swallow it. I dropped on my knees, prepared to beg.

“Principal Greyson, noooooo! I will do anything else. I will make up for the detentions I skipped if it means I don’t have to socialize with that happy looking, chipper thing!”

Greyson glared at me.

“There aren’t that many days in the school year for you to make up those detentions. Baekhyun hasn’t said a word yet, what’s your problem? Why are you so anti-social?”

He knew I hated that question. I stayed silent and looked away.

“Exactly. You are showing Baekhyun around and sitting with him at lunch. Every week for the rest of the year, Mr. Byun will tell me how you treat him. When he feels you are ready, he will tell me to end your punishment. You will be partnered with him and you will have to spend time with him. He and his parents are already agreed to do what it takes to give you this last chance.”

I looked over at Baekhyun and he smiled. I gave him a fake smile in return. I already had enough problems but now on top of that, I had the new kid.

“Greaaaat”, I said through my teeth.

Teachers should really stay out of people’s private lives. The world would be much simpler that way.

 

 

 

A/N: I truely hope you liked the first capter!!! Please comment and subscribe (if you want, I'm not going  to force you....maybe) Don't be silent and next chapter coming soon.