Day 000.

Simon Says (Sequel to Creeper Stare)

I'd just like to thank everyone that already subscribed to this fic! I'm really thankful and very surprised that already a few of you are interested in this. Of course, here is the first chapter! (If you have read my other fics, you'd notice I use the same names for OC's. They are by no means connected to each other; it's just that I really like these names xD) 

-- 

 

I was sitting down on a brown leather couch inside a cafe nearby my university. I took a small sip from my decaffeinated black coffee and placed it back down on the saucer plate. I was reading one of my favorite books for the nth time, The Alchemist

“Hey.” I looked up from my book and saw my best friend Mina. 

Shim Mina was a 5’3 petite girl who looks very soft-spoken and kind. But once you get to know her, you’d realize how loud and crazy she can get. She has long, wavy black hair and a small face. She resembles almost a porcelain doll; yet she is anything but.

“Hi.” I greeted back, setting aside my book. 

“So …?” She wiggled her eyebrows at me. 

I knew where this was going. 

After her party last weekend, she kept pestering me about Simon. I didn’t say anything to her because that was it. There isn’t much to say. That whole night after we left the laundry room, I did hang out with him till the end of the party. We did go to the center of the party, ate, danced a little, but the majority of the time we found a quiet place to sit and chat. 

“You know what I’m talking about Rin Ae.” She crossed her arms and puffed out her cheeks. She looked like a chipmunk. 

“There is nothing to talk about. Simon and I just … talked. That’s it.” 

“What do you mean that’s it? No guy that attractive would go to a party and ‘just talk’.” She used air quotes while saying the last two words. 

I rolled my eyes. 

“Well this hottie did. We talked and that was it.” I took another sip of my coffee. 

“Did you guys at last exchange numbers? Twitter id’s? Facebooks? Even freaking’ MySpace?” 

“I don’t even have a MySpace anymore.” I looked at her weirdly. 

“Who the heck does?! But come on Rin Ae! You are the strangest girl on the planet! You hung out with a really good-looking guy and never once had it cross your mind for you to exchange numbers?!” She raised her voice, causing a few to look at our direction. 

I slapped her arm and shushed her. 

“No, it didn’t so can we drop it? It’s not like I’ll ever see him again. It was a one-time friend thing.” 

Mina let out a loud sigh and gave me a sour look. 

“You’re really hopeless Rin Ae.” 

“That’s me, hopeless.” I stuck my tongue out at her. 

— 

Mina and I parted ways in front of the cafe. She walked towards her car to go back home while I walked towards the university to go to my next class. 

It was my second quarter of freshmen year in college and I still haven’t felt the ‘pressure’. I didn’t really branch out to meet new people, though I did make a couple of friends in my classes and also in a few of the clubs I joined. I entered the science building to go to my 2:45pm class, Intro to Biology. 

It was a new class so I didn’t really know if any of the people I knew were going to be in the class so I took a seat around the middle. I placed my bag down next to my feet and took out my book and began to read. 

A few minutes later I could hear more and more students enter the room so I decided to finish my reading later. I placed my book inside my bag and took out my notebook and textbook, along with a pen. 

“Hey, that guy looks strangely familiar.” I thought, seeing a handsome male enter the room. 

He saw me stare at him and our gazes locked. I flinched, realizing he had seen me, I looked down on my notebook and began to doodle random lines and boxes all over the page. 

I heard some shuffling noises and then I heard a bag drop onto the floor. I look to my side and I saw the same male sitting right next to me. 

“Hey laundry buddy.” He winked. 

It was Simon. 

— 

To say that the lecture was boring was an understatement. I caught myself drifting to sleep numerous times, earning me a giggle or two from Simon. I tried to ignore him but he kept trying to catch my attention. 

Once class was over he stood in front of my seat and waved at my face. 

“Hi.” 

“Hi?” I replied. 

He let out a chuckle. 

“Are you disappointed to see me?” He asked. 

“N-no.” I smiled awkwardly. “I’m surprised, that’s all.” 

“Hm … really?” An amused smirk grew on his face. My heart fluttered inside my chest. Oh boy. 

“Are you still jumpy when you see me? You must really like me, eh?” He leaned forward to my face, causing me to lean back against my chair. 

I bit my lip out of embarrassment. 

“N-no I don’t!” I felt my cheeks flush red. 

“Hmm, you’re still so adorable.” He chuckled. 

I stood up from my seat and grabbed my belongings. 

“I was wondering if you’d like to have coffee with me …” Simon cleared his throat, stuffing his hands inside his pockets. 

I could feel my heartbeat increase. 

“Oh I-uh … I-I guess.” I replied, almost calmly. 

A boyish smile spread across his face. 

“Good.” 

— 

“So … You’re a student here too.” I said, sipping on my iced-coffee. 

“Yup. And so are you.” 

“Funny how this never entered our conversations.” I raised my right eyebrow at him. 

“I never felt the reason to. It seemed that trivial things like these would have made our conversation awkward. I felt that not knowing that kind of information with the person you’re hanging out would be cooler.” 

“I guess … I did talk to you better knowing you didn’t know much about me.” I shrugged my shoulders. 

“And now since we’re here, I’d like to know more about you Ms. Rin Ae.” 

“Uh, what do you want to know?” 

“Hmm … What’s your favorite color?” He took a sip from his drink. 

I looked at him weirdly. 

“Really, of all the questions you want to ask me, knowing my favorite color is on top of the list?” 

“Well I already asked you to come with me for coffee and that is the only relevant question I could think of today.” 

“You’re a real smooth talker aren’t you?” I looked up at him. 

“Well … I do know a few things.” He smiled playfully. 

“Loser.” I muttered under my breath before taking another sip from my drink. 

“Okay fine, I’ll pick another question.” 

“Nope, too late! I get to ask you a question.” I stuck my tongue out. 

“Okay, okay, fine.” He pouted. 

“So … how come I never saw you around before?” 

“I only transfered today. The class we had was my first class here.” He answered. 

“Ahh, I see.” I nodded my head. 

“Okay now its my turn.” A playful glint shone in his eyes. 

“If it’s going to be as lame as asking for my favorite color then I’m not going to answer.” I crossed my arms childishly. 

He placed his drink down on the table and leaned forward, grabbing my hand that was on the table next to my drink. I instantly froze, my eyes glued onto his. 

“Would you like to go out with me?” He asked. 

Before I could even reply, let alone react, I heard my name. 

“Rin Ae?” I look to my left and I see Daniel staring at me with his mouth wide open. 

I look back at Simon and he looked back at me with vacant eyes. 

I quickly stood up from my seat and grabbed my bag from the floor. 

“I-I-I gotta go.” I mumbled, running out of the cafe, passing by Daniel. 

Did I really have to see him?! Why am I suddenly seeing him so much lately? Funny, when I wanted him by my side, he was never there and now when I want him out of my life, he pops up like a zit. 

"Hey," I was interrupted from my thoughts. 

I stop in my tracks, hoping it wasn't Daniel who ran after me. I was mildly relieved it was Simon who grabbed my arm. He let go of my arm and stuffed his hands into his pant pockets. 

"S-sorry about that." I mumbled, scratching the side of my head. 

Did Simon remember that guy?

"No worries, I understand. Clingy ex-es are a pest." He sympathized. 

So he did remember. I smirked at his comment. 

"Of course you'd know a ton about those Mr. Ex-Player." 

He let out a chuckle.

"Hey, we all have our unfortunate pasts. What's done is done. It's all about the present and future." He winked.

"Is this how you pick up women? Honestly, you . Good thing you're good looking." I laughed; then realized I called him attractive. 

A smile crept up his face. 

"So you think I'm good looking, eh?" He raised his eyebrow up. 

"Well-uh-uhm- yeah. I think y-you are." I stumbled around; there was no use to lying. 

There was a large smile spread across his face as if I told him he had gotten a million bucks. He bit his lower lip to surpress his already huge grin. He looked really cute acting all shy. 

"T-thanks." 

"You're welcome? I expected a lot of people say you are ..." 

He shrugged his shoulders. 

"Not really, I only get stares and phone numbers." 

I snorted. 

"Basically, you're easy." I laughed. 

"Hey! I'm not the easy one! They practically throw themselves at me!" 

"Yep, you're the easy one." I stuck my tongue out at him. 

"Aish, I liked you better when you compliment me." 

"Well, thats the last time that Rin Ae will surface cause I never give out compliments." 

Only till then did I realize we were standing in the middle of the sidewalk; luckily there weren't many people passing by so we weren't causing much of a disturbance. 

"So ..." I started. 

"Can I walk you home?" Simon offered. 

I felt a smile start on my lips but I cleared my throat to prevent it.

"You don't have to. My apartment is pretty close." I shook my head.

"It's getting late; there might be shady people lurking around." 

I nodded my head, looking down at my feet. I felt his arm loop around with mine, I continued to fight my urge to smile. 

—  

We both stood in front of my apartment. It was a two story complex and luckily, mine was the first one on the first floor. Simon walked me to my front door as I took out my keys from my backpack. 

"T-thanks for walking me home." 

"No problem." 

I unlocked the door and pushed it open. I looked back at Simon who was staring down at his shoes, his hands in his pockets. 

"Uhm ... I'll see you tomorrow?" I said, though it sounded like a question. 

He looked up at me and smiled, making my heartbeat race. Gosh, his perfect smile.

"Of course. I'm your classmate aren't I?" He replied. 

I nodded my head. 

He stepped forward, standing directly in front of me. I wanted to step back but my legs weren't listening to me at the moment. 

"And I'm trying to win your heart as well so of course you'll see more of me." He leaned forward and planted a kiss on my forehead. 

I stood there; stunned with my eyes wide open. Simon patted my head; messing up my bangs. 

"Cute." He said before leaving me with my heart beating crazily in my chest.