Chapter 6

A Variety to Choose From

The pitter patter of echoing feet went through the corridor as Minseok sped down the empty hallways. His legs were tired and his breath became unsteady.

"I'm late, I'm late, I'm late!" he whispered to himself. He hated being late. He hated the scolding he would get and the punishments he would receive and the embarrassment that he'd get as the whole class watched in wither pity or amusement.

He rounded the corner and crashed into someone, landing to the sneaker-printed tile floor with a loud thud. The chubby-cheeked boy groaned loudly when he felt the stinging pain rush from his tail bone throughout his lower body.

"S-sorry..," he said to whoever he rushed into.

"You should really watch where you're going, fatty!" hissed an  obnoxious voice. Wait, he knew that voice... Minseok looked up reluctantly with teary eyes, biting his lip when his eyes locked with Jessica's.

Jessica. She was another queenka of the school. The most snobby out of all. She was one of the most permiscuous, obnoxious girls in the school. She was also sisters with Krystal, which didn't surprise Minseok. Sisters can be so much alike.

"Ugh!" she yelled. "You ripped my skirt!" She pointed a manicured finger at the hem of her short skirt, one that was too high up on her petite waist for Minseok's approval. The boy had to squint a bit to see the tiny string of thread handing from the gray fabric. "How dare you! Do you know how much this costs? A lot! More than you can make in your lifetime. Huh. Mostly because no one would want to hire a freak like you at their store. Now move!"

But he only sat there, slightly intimidated of the queenka's harsh words. The latter huffs and kicked the poor boy's shin. "Move!"

He hissed softly at the added pain and squirmed a bit. He was about to get up, but Jessica raised one of her textbooks.

"You really need to be taught a lesson, you piece of crap!" Minseok's eyes widened a bit when the hand came forward, realizing that he was about to get hit with the thick book. He raised his hands in defense and closed his eyes. In secret, he prayed that the impact wouldn't leave a questionable bruise that would have his friends bombarding him with questions.

Surprisingly, the hit never came. Instead, he heard a gasp and a bang against the lockers. The small male cracked an eye open, shooting both of them wide when he saw the scene before him.

Luhan was glaring at a fallen Jessica who was up against the lockers and her textbook was clung to her chest.

"What the do you think you're doing?" the Chinese male snarled. Jessica blinked back her tears, worried that she'd mess up her mascara and eyeliner, and began to stutter.

"I-I-I wasn't..! I-it's no-not--!"

"Not what?" Luhan yelled. The girl was taken back by her crush's outburst.

Ah, her crush. The irony. The love of her life was now cussing and glaring at her for the sake of the love of his life.

"You think I didn't just see that? Do you think it's okay to treat Minseok like that? Like he's worthless? Well, it's not! He's not worthless! He's one of the most specialand amazing people I've ever met! And he's a whole lot better than you're friends! Especially you!"

Jessica gasped. "L-Lulu oppa..."

"No! You're a snob that only cares about youself and making people try to like you! Well, you know what? It's not working on me! So just get out of here already! And leave Minseok alone!"

There was a silence. Then, Jessica began to sob and ran away ,well, more like shuffled away since she couldn't run in her high heels. Luhan kept a straight and intimidating face as he kept glaring daggers at the girl's body. He turned to face the sitting boy and his expression softened.

"Are you alright, Baozi?" the pretty boy asked cautiously. "She didn't hurt you, did she?"

Minseok shook his head. "N-no, I'm okay... Um..." His habit kicked in, earning a mental coo from the younger. "Di-did you really me-mean that..? What you said about me?"

Luhan blushed a bit and rubbed his nape. "Well... Yeah. I did. Every bit of it." A wave of bravery spread throughout his body. "You're so special to me that I miss you for every second of when you're not with me."

The shorter looked up and blushed. "A-a-am I really... that special to you?" He got  nod in response. 

"Of course. Now, come on," the blonde reached out a hand for his crush to grab. "Let's get going."

The older nodded and took the hand, slowly rising from his sitting position. He hissed in pain when he felt the sharp sting in his tailbone.

"Are you okay?" Luhan asked with a worried tone and expression. 

"M-my ... I fell on it really hard..."

Another silence dropped in. This time, a yelp broke the quiet atmosphere when the taller swooped up Minseok into his slightly muscular arms bridal style.

"L-Luhannie?!" the latter squeaked out. The said boy just grinned cheekily, secretly dying in his head from being overwhelmed by Minseok's cuteness.

"It's okay, Baozi, I've got your back. Always will."

The Korean blushed lightly, praying that Luhan would not notice. Unfortunately, he did, much to the younger's liking.

"Why don't we get you an ice pack or something?" Luhan suggested as he started walking to the nurse's office.

Minseok was speechless. He couldn't process that one of the hottest guys he could think of was carrying him bridal style and just yelled at one of the prettiest girls he could think of to defend him. What? What?

Minseok was snapped out of his train of thought when Luhan kicked the infirmary's door open, revealing an empty room whith only medical equiptment, beds, and curtains. The latter stepped in before kicking the door back shut with a soft slam and then proceeded to the farthest bed from the door which was placed by the window. He swiftly pulled the sheets back and gently placed his precious cargo down.

"Th-thank you..," the older mumbled shyly when he was fully under the sheets. Luhan mentally fangirled at the fact that his love looked like a cute little burrito that he could eat up, savoring every single-- Okay, I'll stop now. "You didn't hafta do that y-you know!"

"I wanted to," he replied. His mood changed completely as he remembered how Jessica treated Minseok, surprising the latter. "Don't worry, I'll always be there for you." Cue enchanting smile that kills all ovaries.

The shorter blushed at the comment. 'How did he turn from so goofy to this charming..?' he thought, reminscing in the memory of when Luhan asked him to marry him on Halloween. How could someone forget that?

"Thank you... Again..."

"No problem. If there's anything you want, here," the Chinese male handed the other a little remote with a big pink button. 'L + M = LOVE' was written in big English letters, which had Xiumin confused.

"What does this say, Lulu?" he pointed to the letters. Luhan grinned like a love-struck fool at the nickname.

"Nothing," he responded. "I'll be heading out now."

Feeling bold now, Luhan cupped Minseok's jaw and leaned forward. The latter's eyes widened, then shut tight, heart punching his ribcage and body shaking. He felt warm, soft lips on his forehead and blushed furiously. It was only when the warmth disappeared he opened his eyes and unintentionally let out a small whine. He heard a deep chuckle and blushed a darker shade of scarlet than before.

"Just rest now, okay?"

"O-okay..."

Luhan smiled and strode out with poise and confindent with an aura and appearence that would make anyone swoon. Once the door shut close, Minseok covered his face in his hands. 

"... He just kissed my forehead... He just... UGH!" he let out a frustrated groan and kicked at the blanket.

Meanwhile, Luhan sighed dreamily and made his way to the cafeteria, not realizing that classes were not over yet. But he didn't realize anything at this point, being too deep in his inappropriate fantasies.

So deep into them, he ran into a pole.

At least, he thought it was a pole, but it was a wall.

"," he yelled as his forehead came in contact with the hard, paint-chipped wall and passed out not a second after.

What a loser.


Kyungsoo sat bored in his desk, head propped up with a delicate hand and back arching a bit (he hates slouching) so that all eyes could feast on his provocative (how the do you spell that) form.

Or, at least, five pairs of eyes.

Baekhyun his lips slowly, memorizing every single curve and line that was on Kyungsoo's petite form. He narrowed his eyes as the said boy unconsciously shifts so his pert stuck out a bit more than before and a slender finger from his hand that propped his head up was brought up and trapped between his teeth, a habit Baekhyun noticed (and wrote down because he can be a creepy er).

Kyungsoo sighed in boredom, his mind blank and vision in lala land.

Baekhyun checked to see if the calculus teacher, Mr. Kim Minjun, a.k.a, Mr. Panda Man, was looking at him. Fortunately, he was writing something on the board.

'Perfect,' he thought. A smirk crept upon his face as he got a sheet of paper out and began writing. It took a good three minutes to finish his masterpiece. After folding it neatly, he reached over to Kyungsoo, who was diagonal to him, and placed the paper on the desk.

The latter blinked when his trail of thought was interupted by a slight brush on his elbow. He looked at the touched flesh and stared at the magical paper that had suddenly appeared. His eyes scanned around him to see who had put it there. He stopped at Baekhyun, who smiled cheekily at him and winked. Kyungsoo blushed.

He turned back around, took the letter into his tiny hands, and opened it.

'Kyungsoo-ah~ You look spaced out! Are you thinking of me? Kekekeke~ Don't worry, I'm bored, too! Mr. Kim isn't that fun of a teacher, you know. Kekeke~ You wanna ditch with me? -Baekhyun, your favorite hyung'

Kyungsoo smiled at the letter, making Baekhyun swell with pride and hope. Quietly, the smaller male took out a piece of paper and his favorite pen (Baekhyun noted that down, too) and began to write down his reply.

Baekhyun folded his hands and prayed to God that Kyungsoo would skip with him. He would even give up his whole eyeliner collection for that to really happen and not be a dream.

He cracked an eye open when he felt a piece of paper hit him on the chest. He looked at Kyungsoo, who smiled sweetly at him and made his heart flutter.

He unravelled the note and read it.

'I wasn't thinking about you~! >///< Kekeke~ But I do sometimes . . . . >///< Aigoo! I'm blushing . . . ! I guess Mr. Kim is okay. I think he looks very cute with his panda looks. Kekeke~ Mmm . . . . I don't know, hyung! I don't really ditch . . . . Maybe we can hang out at lunch? Just you and me! -Kyungie~ Your favorite dongsaeng!'

Baekhyun smiled at the writing and hearts all over the page. He looked at Kyungsoo, who was glancing at him, and nodded. The latter grinned at him and nodded back, then turned to the teacher.

' YEAH,' Baekhyun thought.

"Alright, class, get the hell out," Mr. Kim said as he pushed his glasses up.

On command, the students began to file out of the classrooms, one-by-one, group-by-group.

Kyungsoo neatly put his pencil case in his Pororo backpack and swung it over his shoulder, almost falling over as he did so. He would have stumbled if not for a pair of arms craddling his waist in a tight hold.

"You better be more careful, Soo Soo," a low, slightly husky voice whispered in his ear. The said male whipped his head around, squeaking softly at the way his neck cracked at the extremely close proximity that he and Baekhyun were sharing.

...

'AH I'M SO CLOSE TO HIM WHAT IS HAPPENING WHY IS THIS HAPPENING TO MEEEE WHY IS IT ALWAYS ME JUST GEEZ LET ME DIE AND ROT IN THE WHOLE AND JUST WHY is that eyeliner OMG HE LOOKS SO HOT IN EYELINER WHY CAN'T I LOOK LIKE HIM HE'S SO HOT WAIT KYUNGSOO DID YOU JUST SAY HE'S HOT WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU ARE YOU CRAZY WELL MAYBE I AM SHUT UP OMG I'M TALKING TO MYSELF'

"K-Kyungsoo?" Baekhyun said worriedly. He watched as the younger wouldn't respond, looking blank and like a tomato. "Are y-you okay? Yah!" He shook his shoulders softly, causing Kyungsoo to come back to reality and out of his weird thoughts.

"U-um, yeshyungI'mperfectlyfinejustwowIfeelamazing!"

...

'KYUNGSOO WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU UUUUUUUGH'

Baekhyun blinked, then let out a soft chuckle and nuzzled his nose into Kyungsoo's cheek. 

"You're adorable, Kyungsoo," he cooed. "I love that about you. Don't change."

Those words had the shorter resembling a ing fore hydrant. 

"I won't," he whispered. 

"Good," Baekhyun grinned. "Now, let's go get lunch, okay?"

Kyungsoo smiles shyly and nodded. 

Sulli scraped her overly-priced manicured nails on the wooden door frame as she witnessed the scene before her. She was fuming. 

'That Kyung is dead,' she thought angrily. She swiftly turned and marched down the hallway, skirt flying and head held high. Heading for the lunch room, she had an idea in mind.

"Kyungsoo better watch his cocky little back. I'll show him," she grumbled. "We'll all show him."


A/N: Heeeeeeey, guys. Yeah, yeah, I know. I haven't been updateing in a looooong time, and I apologize! I don't know, I just haven't been up to it lately. But! I cannot disappoint my beautiful subscribers, now can I? Well, I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Btw, yes, I did change my username from TheEPICousity. So sorry if you got confused. I'm a bad person. *^*

And, if you're a Kaisoo fan, please check out my other story Love is Equivalent to DeathBeware! It is an angst story!

If you're a Khunwoo and Taecwoo fan, look at my story Choice. Don't worry, this one is a comedy.

Thanks again~