December 16th, 2006.

❖ Doppelgänger: Darkness Before Light ❖

 

December 16th, 2006.

 

                The sounds of rain drops on the roof of the crumbling house where she rent her room kept Eun Jae awake the whole night. But, that was not the only reason.

 

                Today is the day where it all started. The day where she lost everything, her identity, her past and her family. But, what’s more important than that is, it is the day where she lost herself.

 

                It had been six years, but it felt like it was yesterday. Even now, she could vividly remember everything from that day.

 

                From the loudness of the cars near the park she was sitting at, the voice of the doctor who starts it all, the cries of the people she left behind, and the sound of herself sobbing. She remembers it all. Each breath, each word, each teardrop.

 

                Eun Jae wiped a drop of tears that fell on her arm. She needs to finish writing everything. It’ll be what’s left of her.

 

                She glanced at the only picture frame she has. The cracked photo frame used to be something she wouldn’t want to see. But, since Thunder placed a picture of both of them in that frame, it became her most treasured possession.

 

                The only reason that she had been able to move on is him and even till now, the only reason she kept holding on is him. But, she don’t know how much longer she would be able to do so.