December 20th, 2006 (Part 2).

❖ Doppelgänger: Darkness Before Light ❖

 

December 20th, 2006 (Part 2).

 

                “Eun Jae ahh!!”

 

                He kept on shaking her body trying to make her come into her sense. For the first time in his whole life, Sang Hyun felt such a fear that made his whole body numb.

 

                She was still the same. Not moving and staring blankly at his face.

 

                At that time, he saw a piece of crumpled paper in her hand. He then sat her under the tree nearby and took the paper away from her hand.

 

DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SAVE THE GIRL!!! HORRIBLE BEING NEEDS TO DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’LL KILL HIM!!!!!!!

 

                The writing on the paper rendered him speechless. He can’t even think about how the paper ended up in Eun Jae’s hand in the first place. One thing for sure, it doesn’t sound good at all.

 

                Sang Hyun direct his attention again towards Eun Jae who was sitting under the tree, and she was gone.

 

                “Eun Jae ahhh!! Lee Eun Jae!!!”

 

                Sang Hyun kept running frantically while calling her name. Different sorts of bad images came into his mind.

 

                Please Lee Eun Jae! Stop scaring me! I’ll die if something happens to you

 

                “Lee Eun Jae!!”

 

                He reached the end of the trail and saw a warehouse next to a lake. The surrounding was so dark that he could barely see anything with the light from his phone.

 

                The most frightening thing is the fact that Eun Jae was nowhere in sight.

 

                Oh god, don’t let anything happen to her.

 

                He quickly walked towards the old warehouse and took a look inside of it from the dusty window.

 

                There he saw her, standing with her back facing him and talking to someone. He was moving towards the warehouse entrance when her voice started to get louder.

 

                “You need to be punished! I’ll kill you!!”

               

 

                Sang Hyun, who still couldn’t see anyone past her since it’s too dark inside hides himself by at a darker side of the warehouse so that the mysterious stranger Eun Jae was talking to won’t get alarmed and hurt her.

 

 

                But the strange thing was, no matter how insane and crazy Eun Jae sound and no matter how harsh her words was, the mysterious person she’s talking to doesn’t even utter a word.

 

 

                It was when he was deciding either to stay put or to go inside did she started to sounds so wild, uncontrollable and dangerous.

 

                “You bastard! She’s so little! How could you do that!! Bastard!!!!!!!”

 

                As soon as she said that last word, she took something out of her bag but he couldn’t see exactly what that thing is actually.

 

                Sang Hyun slowly moves towards Eun Jae to get a better look at the situation. Not after a few minutes later did he managed to identify the object in her hand.

 

                It was a blade!

 

                She was holding it with a shaking hand.

 

                “You molested her! You her! She trusted you!! She loved you so much that it’s enough for her to keep it quite all this time!! You bastard!!!!!”

 

                This doesn’t feel good, I should do something.

 

                He was planning to come out when he heard the sound of something falling and breaking.

 

                “Eun Jae ahh!!”

 

                Sang Hyun ran towards the source of the noise as fast as he could. He was quite sure that something bad had happened.

 

                There she was, panting on the floor and crying.

 

                He took a quick glance and saw the blade still in her hand.

 

                Thank god, there’s no blood on it.

 

                Carefully, he approached her while cautiously being aware of that sharp blade.

 

                “Eun Jae ahh, who are you talking to? What are you doing here with that blade?”

 

                Still sobbing, she turned her face to face him.

 

                “Sang Hyun ahh, I’ve killed him,” she said.

 

                “What? Who? When? ” he asked her again to make sure.

 

                “Just now, I killed him, the horrible being is dead,” she muttered along with her growing sobs.

 

                 He scanned the whole place from where he was standing. But, he saw nothing that looked like a person.

 

                “I didn’t see anyone. Now let’s go home okay??”

 

                “No I killed him! He’s right there!!Right in front of us!!”

 

                She started to get hysterical again.

 

                “Shhhh shhhh, it’s okay honey, don’t cry, we’ll figure this out together okay?” Sang Hyun kneeled next to her and then hug her from behind trying to calm her down.

 

                Even though he has no idea what was going on, he tried to console her first. Seeing her crying like, it’s like his heart had been ripped apart.

 

                “But, first thing first. Give me that blade. It’s dangerous,” he keeps on talking while his hand wrapped her body tightly.

 

                “No, it has my fingerprints on it. Don’t touch it. I am the killer, I don’t want to get you into trouble,” she said while crying louder.

 

                What should I do? Please god, help me!

 

                Sang Hyun tried to think of something to make her let go of the blade.

 

                “Eun Jae ahh, believe me. No one is going to get into any trouble okay?”

 

                “No. I killed him. I killed him!!!”

 

                She started to cry harder.

 

                “Shhh shhhh, it’s okay. Then, I won’t touch it. See this handkerchief? I’ll wrap it around the blade okay? So my fingerprints won’t be on it,” he said as took out the handkerchief in his pant's pocket.

 

                “Okay,” she finally let it go.

 

                He took the blade and place it far enough from her.

 

                “How about the body?” asked Eun Jae.

 

                “Body? What body? Eun Jae ahh, I didn’t see any person other than us here okay? It’s just your imagination. Now, let’s go home,” he said.

 

                “No!! He’s here. I killed the horrible being. You need to call the police!!”

 

                Sang Hyun tried to walk around the warehouse once again.

 

                There was none! Nothing! Not a single body found!

 

                Why is she insisting? Is there anything wrong with her? Oh god, what body is she’s talking about?

 

                I need to find an excuse to bring her home first. We’ll deal with all this nonsense tomorrow.

 

                “Eun Jae ahh, I didn’t find it. Maybe that person didn’t die, maybe he escaped already. So let’s go home okay??We’ll report it to the cops tomorrow.”

 

                “Park Sang Hyun! I killed him okay! He’s right in front of you okay? Don’t you see the blood on the floor?? He’s not breathing!! I killed him!!!!”

 

                “Arghhhhhh!!!! I’m a killer, I stabbed him! I don’t deserve to live. I’m just like him!! A horrible being!!”

 

                She became so hysterical that he couldn’t say no anymore.

 

                She’s so unstable now, just say yes. Do you want to spend your whole night here? You need to take her to your dad’s hospital.

 

               Calm down Park Sang Hyun, just calm down.

 

                He took a deep breath and finally says “Okay, I saw him already. You stabbed him right?”

 

                “Yes, I stabbed him.  He deserved it! He her! She was so little!!”

 

                “Who? What are you talking about Eun Jae ahh? Stop acting like this! This is not you! Stop it, please!”

 

                “It’s that little girl. She came to me every day and asked me to take revenge for her. That’s why I did it Sang Hyun ahh. But now, I’m also a horrible being! I don’t deserve to live anymore!”

 

                He started to get weary of all of this. He doesn’t see any laying body around and he has no idea who was the little girl Eun Jae kept talking about. All he knew, he want to take her home safely. He vowed to protect her before. He can’t let her continue crying and screaming like this.

 

                “Okay then, stay here alright? I’ll call for help. Don’t go anywhere.”

 

                He took the blade with him so that she wouldn’t be able to harm herself. All the talk about her not deserving to live really making him scared.

 

                There is no way I could live without her. No way.

 

                He kept looking for the reception so he could call for help. Finally, he managed to make the call to the police and his dad.

 

                He explained everything to he knew to the police and then he called his dad for medical help.

 

                Soon after the conversation ended, he went back inside of the warehouse only to find it empty.

 

                Where is she going now? Lee Eun Jae, stop making me worry!

 

                He ran towards outside again, and start looking for her in the woods where they came from earlier.

 

 

                No sight of her anywhere.

 

 

                He tried to think of somewhere else he didn’t look yet.

 

                Oh my god, the lake!!

 

                As soon as the thought crossed his mind, Sang Hyun sprints towards the lake near the abandoned warehouse.

 

                 I’m also a horrible being! I don’t deserve to live anymore!

 

                That last thing he heard from her kept on playing inside his mind.

 

                No way. She won’t do it. She won’t die. Ohh please Lee Eun Jae, you have no right to treat me like this!

 

                He could already see the warehouse again when suddenly, he heard the sound of water splashing.

 

                NO! NO! LEE EUN JAE! DON’T YOU DARE! DON’T YOU DIE!!

                I HAVEN’T TOLD YOU ABOUT MY FEELINGS YET!

               I LOVE YOU IDIOT!! DON'T YOU DARE GIVE UP ON ME!!!

 

                His tears kept on dropping as he ran towards the lake. It feels so long before he finally reached the lake.

 

                The first thing that caught his eye was her shoes, just right by the water. His knees felt weak at the sight of it.

 

                Oh God.

              

                Without wasting a second, he jumped into the lake.