CHAPTER 9

MY PERSONAL ASSISTANT & BODYGUARD

 

Daehyun froze at the figure beneath him, staring at the blonde astonishingly as his eyes slowly lingered from Youngjae’s hair to Youngjae’s feature.

His got a fair skin, a perfect nose, perfect lips, perfect eyebrows, and on top of that, his glittering eyes was watching him as he can see his own reflection in those eyes. Heck, the guy was gorgeous than an angel.

Wait…did he just said angel? The guy was as prettier than an angel?

“Daehyun-shii….”

Daehyun looked up to see Himchan and Jae Suk was watching him oddly. He looked at himself as he knew that he was in inappropriate position and holding a person with the same gender by the waist which is quite embarrassing.

He quickly aroused from his kneeling position and stood up, fixing his clothes as he let the lad fell down abruptly with his head bumped on the floor.

“Yah, are you blind? You should be careful sometimes whenever you’re about to reach the door. Someone needs to enter first before you walk out from the toilet. Haish….” Daehyun cleared his throat as he tried to avoid an eye contact with the blonde.

Youngjae groaned in pain as Himchan hurriedly help him up and asked whether he was alright or not. Youngjae just made a quick nod as Himchan turned to Daehyun back.

“Sir, this is the one that I’ve told you earlier. Your new personal assistant and bodyguard….”

Daehyun gazed at the younger carefully from top to bottom. He was cocking his eyebrow in amusement. ‘So, this is the new guy huh? Hmm….not a very bad looking man after all….’ He said in mind.

“Hello. My name is Yoo Youngjae and I will be your new assistant. It is very pleased to meet you in person, sir….” Youngjae bowed politely as it earns Jae Suk’s attention fully by his respectful manner.

“Hmm….Yoo Youngjae, huh?” Daehyun patted his chin playfully and shrugged. “Well, I guess that’s fine though….”

Youngjae blinked. “Sorry?”

“Himchan, please do send him to my office after you finish explain to him all the details he needs to know for his position in this office. Make sure he was fully ready the moment he entered my office. You got that?”

“Yes, sir…” Himchan bowed.

“That includes you too, Jae Suk….” Daehyun murmured as he entered the toilet without waiting for the elder’s reply. Jae Suk sighed and turned at the other two.

“Pardon me for his behavior. He didn’t mean it in that way. He obliviously was glad to meet you and I hope you could give your full encouragement and support in this field, okay?” Jae Suk patted Youngjae’s shoulder.

“O-Okay, sir….” Youngjae nodded as he was a bit relieved by the man’s sooth words.

“Welcome to Jung Enterprise Cooperation. My name is Jae Suk, I’m Jung Daehyun’s supervisor. It is very nice to meet you, Youngjae-ah….” Jae Suk shook Youngjae’s hand.

“Have you finished guiding him around this place yet, Himchan?” Jae Suk turned to the ulzzang.

“No, the administrator department is the last one, sir….”

“Ohh…good. Never mind, off you go. I’ll be meeting you two afterwards, okay? See you in the office….” Jae Suk bid them friendly as the two left to the nearby door entrance.

“Wow….he‘s very polite, hyung,” Youngjae mumbled.

“Indeed. That’s why people like him. Because of his modesty, many people here thought of him as a mentor. He always treated us nicely…..unlike our boss….” Himchan scoffed.

Youngjae thought of it as well. The guy just rudely let him fall down instead of helping him up. He didn’t bother in introducing himself to him either nor greet him as friendly as Jae Suk. Well, he hopes that everything will turn out fine after this.

As they finished touring the office and greet some of workers, Himchan leads him to the main office in the department and stopped in front of the door.

“Okay, this will be our final stop. So, in case you have anything else to ask, please don’t hesitate in asking me or Jae Suk-nim some questions regarding your work here, okay?”

“Okay, thank you very much, hyung. You really a big help for me today,” Youngjae grinned.

“No problem, it’s the least thing I can do for my dongsaeng eh? Now be good of yourself, okay?” Himchan hugged him and gently held the guy’s face before kissed on the forehead.

Youngjae frowned at the weird act and blinked at the guy. Himchan was beamed happily and looked at him as if he was his child. The elder even managed to smack his playfully and murmured ‘good luck and take care’ the moment he entered the room.

‘What a weird man….’ He shook his head and walked to the front desk and faced Daehyun who was seating on his chair comfortably with his eyes locked on the file he was holding. Youngjae started to feel nervous as he waited patiently for the guy’s order.

“Ohh….you’re here!” Daehyun closed his file and eyes him enthusiastically as if he was anticipating for his arrival.

“Y-Yes, sir?” Youngjae stuttered as the elder went closely to him with his hands on his waist.

“So, are you ready for your first day of your work here, Yunjae?”

“Umm….I think you mistakenly said my name. It’s Youngjae, sir…” Youngjae corrected.

“Whatever….ohh, by the way, these are the new files. I want you to check it out and see if there’s any paper that are misplaced in the files, before you send it here. Got it?” Daehyun gave him a few stacks of file.

Youngjae held it carefully as he started to feel the weight loaded on his arms. “So, is this all that I have to do for today, sir?”

Suddenly, Daehyun frowned at him and gave him a weird look. “What do you mean by that?”

“Err….mean what, sir?” Youngjae looked at him curiously.

Daehyun snuffled and pressed one of the buttons on the telephone office. “Jae Suk, please come to my office immediately…”

Youngjae gulped hardly as he started to feel nervous by the sudden change in his boss’s mood. What he did wrong this time?

Jae Suk hurriedly entered and as he saw Youngjae, he smacked his forehead as if he had forgotten something so important. He went closely to the two and looked down.

“Didn’t I tell you to explain about what he should do before he entered here? Why are you so carelessly letting this guy being so clueless? Be professional a little bit, will you??” Daehyun scolded.

“I apologized for my mistake, sir….” Jae Suk bowed. Youngjae felt slightly guilty for the man as the man had to take all the blames for him.

Daehyun sighed momentarily. “Never mind. Just show him to his table. You can start working with the files given, Youngjae-ah. Make sure everyone of them placed on my desk by this evening or tomorrow morning. Understood?”

“Y-Yes, sir….” Youngjae nodded as Jae Suk ushered him out from the office and followed the elder to the hallway. As he passed along the way, he found himself on a desk that was full with another stacks of file beside the desktop. He stared at it with mouth dropped.

“This will be your table, Youngjae-ah. And….sorry about the mess. It seems that no one was taking care of this work so it was placed for quite long time too just waiting for some new employees to finish it….”

‘Does this job really have to be taken care of by one person? Why can’t other employees do it instead?’ He thought to himself.

“This is only mean for his one and only personal assistant so that’s why other employees cannot disturb this work until someone righteous enough to take care of it. I hope you understand about it, Youngjae-ah,” Jae Suk explained.

‘Righteous? What? Aren‘t these people are righteous enough for the work?’ Youngjae placed the files on his desk and shook his head in disbelief. It seems like someone just made nonsense rules in this place to torture new employees like him and whether they like it or not, they have to abide it.

“By the way, this is your senior employees….”

Youngjae looked up to see two men standing side by side with their neat clothes and tie with their tag hanging on their neck. He bowed and greeted them politely as he shook their hands respectfully.

“Hello! My name is Kwangsoo, nice to meet you!” The tall man shook his hand happily.

“And my name is Suk Jin, very pleased to meet you….” the man who looked slightly a bit older than Jae Suk patted him on the back.

“They’ve been working here for nearly 5 years and if you need any help with your work, you can always ask them. Okay?”

“Okay….” Youngjae smiled.

“Don’t worry, as your senior we will help you with anything we can!” Kwangsoo said encouragingly.

“Don’t hesitate in asking us some questions, okay? As Easy Brothers, we’re here to help you with anything that you don’t know about. Alright?” Suk Jin grinned.

“What? E-Easy…Brothers?” Youngjae tilted his head.

“FEEL! CROSS! YAH!” Kwangsoo and Suk Jin cheered as they crossed their hands together as if they were on a secret team mission in a game. Youngjae blinked blankly at their actions while Jae Suk rolled his eyes at their childish act.

“Okay, okay…that’s enough, both of you. Now, go back to work please….” Jae Suk ushered them to go back to their seats. “Please don’t mind them. They always like that. Now, as your work as an assistant Ji Hyo will explain to you briefly about it so please listen carefully to what she will said to you, okay?”

Youngjae turned at the girl who was standing next to Jae Suk. He awed by the slightly beautiful figure in front him as he tried to stand properly and greet her respectfully.

“Hello, my name is Ji Hyo and I’m your senior secretary. Nice to meet you~” Ji Hyo said and shook his hand. At first gesture, she already gave him the vibe of an experience employee with high professionalism which makes him more anticipated in working with her instead.

“I’ll be in my room in case you need anything. Good luck with your job, Youngjae-ah….” Jae Suk patted his shoulder before leaving the two alone on Youngjae’s desk.

Seems like people loves to pat him on his back but he didn’t mind about it. It gives him a relief feeling when people are tried to encourage him to work for better.

“So, are you ready?” Ji Hyo smiled.

“Yes, I’m ready….” Youngjae nodded.

“Here’s the details that you need to know about you work here…” Ji Hyo handed him a paper from a file she was holding. Youngjae read through the white paper as his eyes slowly widened by the list of works he had to do.

·       Screening telephone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate;

·       Meeting and greeting visitors at all levels of seniority

·       Organizing and maintaining diaries and making appointments

·       Dealing with incoming email, faxes and post, often corresponding on behalf of their manager;

·       Taking dictation and minutes

·       Carrying out background research and presenting findings

·       Producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations

·       Organizing and attending meetings and ensuring their manager is well-prepared for meetings

·       Liaising with clients, suppliers and other staff

·       Devising and maintaining office systems, including data management, filing, etc

·       Arranging travel and accommodation and, occasionally, travelling with the manager to take notes or dictation at meetings or to provide general assistance during presentations.

“For an introduction, you’ll be dealing with this kind of errands throughout your work here. But for a start, you’ll need to finish checking these files first before moving on with this list….”

While Ji Hyo was busy explaining, Youngjae felt his head aching when he had to think about all of the paperwork he will deal with later. Even though he was once called genius in his school for scoring high marks for every exams he took, but that doesn’t mean he was good with this kind of job either.

“Besides that, you’ll have to take care of his personal needs such as food, car, house, reservations, laundries, and –“

“Wait, did you just said laundries?” Youngjae cut her.

Ji Hyo blinked. “Yeah….why? Is something wrong with it?”

“B-But, I thought only maid should do that for him…..”

Ji Hyo chuckled. “Ohh Youngjae-ah….you’re so cute! The cleaning arrangements are part of your job too, silly. Don’t tell me this is your first time in dealing with this job, Youngjae-ah….haha,” she opened one of the files on the desk and looked through it.

Youngjae chuckled bitterly as he started to feel doom was finally overcome him. While Ji Hyo was busy telling him what he should do with the files, he heard the phone on the desk rang.

He exchanged glances with the secretary as she gestured him to pick up the call quickly. He picked it up hesitantly and answered the call.

“Hello?”

“Get me some coffee….”

Youngjae heard a familiar voice and he can only frowned by the statement. “S-Sorry?”

“I said get me a coffee. I need some refreshment here immediately. Hurry…”

Youngjae glanced at Ji Hyo who was signaling him to say ‘yes’ by the call. “Umm….yes, sir….”

“Ohh….and don’t forget about my cheesecake too, okay?”

Youngjae heard Daehyun end up the call quickly before he can reply him back. He put down the handle and eyed the elder oddly.

“Well, what did he said?”

“He said he wants some coffee and….cheesecake.”

“Well, what are you waiting for? He said he wants it now, right? Hurry and go make him some coffee!” Ji Hyo urged him to go to the nearby kitchen.

Youngjae stared at the people around him and saw a glimpse of the Easy Brothers who were giving him thumbs up and smiled. Although they were supporting him from his back, but he solemnly swore that he had a bad feeling about this – his job starts…. now.

 


 

Hello , there peeps ! XD

Yes , I know you were surprised. An update ! Yeah !!! :D

Sorry for the late update. Getting busy again , I guess TT.TT

Well , yeah . As you read the whole chapter , you realized that there's some Running Man characters inside. Haha !!! 

Because I'm a fan of Running Man too so , yeah....haha :P

Notice that there are another 3 characters left in Running Man right ? Well , don't you worry. I'm sure there's a plenty space for those 3 in the next chapters....woohoo !! XD

So , hopefully you enjoy your day and thank you for reading !

Most of all , THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SUBSCRIBING !!! love you all ^^

Senichi_Yamada is now reporting for duty. Yes , sir !