CHAPTER 10

MY PERSONAL ASSISTANT & BODYGUARD

 

Yongguk monitored the security room carefully; looking at every one of his peers doing their work properly without leaving his eyes off from the monitor screens displayed in front him. In every sections of the building, every movement made by the workers inside and outside of the building can be seen 24/7.

As the head of security department, it is his job to ensure the security system in the building operates well and the shipments made around the place flow according to the plan. But in the same time, he had to ensure his president’s safety was in good condition as well.

How ironic that was the hardest part out of all tasks he received for his job here.

He sighed silently at the thought. Although Daehyun had a personal bodyguard to take good care of him, but in the same time he knew Daehyun would give the poor guy a very hard time in this field.

He looked at his watch; it’s already noon and it’s nearly lunch time.

“It has been a week since Youngjae had started working with Daehyun. I wonder how well he was doing during his stay with that guy?” he thought. More to his surprise, time does fly pretty fast these days. He didn’t even realize it’s already week since his last meeting with Youngjae. None of them manage to contact him further upon his work here. He surely hoped Youngjae was fine though.

Few seconds later, he heard a door was opened by someone and turned at the newcomer. It was Himchan.

“So, does everything go well around here?” Himchan stood next to him and turned back at the monitor screens in front them. He saw a glimpse of Jongup and Zelo who was busy doing their work at their place without paying attention to them.

“Everything seems well. Nothing goes wrong for now. But since it’s nearly lunch time, where do you want to eat?” Yongguk grinned at him.

BANG!

Everyone turned at the sudden man who barged in to the place and to see a frustrated Youngjae walked to a nearby couch before lied down limply in despair. They glanced at each other in wonder and amused by the sudden presence. They never thought Youngjae would have come to this place for once at all.

“Youngjae-ah! I didn’t expect you would visit us at this moment. We missed you!” Himchan said cheerily as he quickly sat next to him. Yongguk smirked at them and followed him from behind but sat across them instead. Jongup and Zelo who also noticed their presence in the room rushed to their place and sat nearby Youngjae.

“It’s been awhile since we left you behind with him. How are you? Is everything well while we’re gone? You didn’t even greet us when you entered here…..” Yongguk crossed his legs, eyeing the man casually.

“Yeah, hyung. You should have come and visit us often instead of hanging out there all the time. Aren’t you felt lonely there at all, hyung?” Zelo smiled cutely.

Youngjae narrowed his eyes at them and sighed heavily before he roughly ruffled his hair in frustration. Himchan and Yongguk shared glances again; as expected, the younger might faced an inner stress during his time with their boss.

Despite of not being able to face them pretty often, Daehyun might have stuffed him with a lot of work. It only made the others hard to see him again ever since he stayed at Daehyun’s house at the same day. It’s not quite surprise to see that.

“It’s not like I’m stress with all the work he gave me but to the main point of the job is that….he treat me nothing but like a SLAVE; not an assistant nor a bodyguard either. Urgh!” Youngjae dumped his head on the comfy cushion.

“But hyung, he treated everyone of us like a slave. Aren’t you aware of that at all since the time you’ve been working here?” Jongup blinked.

“Are you kidding me? I don’t think you guys were treated as bad as I do and perhaps you’re in much better condition rather than mine! You should be happy that your life was not as miserable as mine right now….” Youngjae said in the cushion without looking at them.

“Okay, so tell me what exactly is happening to you right now, Youngjae-ah?” Himchan patted the blonde’s back gently. Youngjae released another heavy sigh before he slowly arose from the cushion and faced them properly. All eyes are on him right now.

“Fine….this is what happened during my first day of work….” Youngjae looked down.

 

[F.l.a.s.h.b.a.c.k – START]

“Fuhh! All done!” Youngjae wiped out the sweats on his forehead with his hand. He just finished checking out all the files that were piled up on his desk and now, all he had to do is return it to Daehyun’s desk.

As he entered the office room, he noticed Daehyun was nowhere to be found. He blinked for a moment as he didn’t know what to do before he carefully placed the files on the long wide desk in front him.

“Where is he? I thought he was here few hours ago….” Youngjae looked around and held his waist in wonder of where his boss could have gone to. Few seconds later, he heard someone opened the door and turned at the person.

“Sorry, but are you Youngjae?” the guy poked his head from the door. Youngjae stared blankly at him before he responds back.

“Err….yes, I’m Youngjae…..”

“Ohh, good! Finally I found you. I’m Kyungsoo, Daehyun’s chauffeur. I received your bags from Yongguk-hyung just now and he said that you’ll be staying with us in the mansion starting for today after you finished your work. But I was waiting for you in the car for 10 minutes now. Are you done yet?”

Youngjae frowned by what the guy just said. “You were waiting for me? Are you saying that Daehyun-nim was also waiting for me in the car?”

“Err….No, he already went back home due to some unexpected plans. Didn’t he tell you that he left earlier just now?” Kyungsoo opened the door wider, facing the younger properly.

Youngjae felt his head being hit by a huge rock when he heard the statement. Daehyun left him in the office without a single word? The guy didn’t even bother to tell him to follow him back home and left him with all the work he had asked for.

“Well, never mind. I guess he must have forgotten about you since it’s your first day of work but I might as well bring you back home as soon as possible before he start nagging at both of us. Let’s go….” Kyungsoo urged him out from the office before he walked briskly to the entrance door.

While on their way to the parking lot, Youngjae just kept quiet and followed him from behind; speechless of what happened to him in just one day. But for some reason, he felt a little bit offended for being left behind…by his boss.

“Here we are. Please, sit in front,” Kyungsoo shoved his hand at the front seat. Youngjae stared at the car in awed. He had never seen such a clean and shining car in his entire life before. Even the interior of the car seems too exclusive to his eyes. He sat in the car carefully and looked around him.

“Is this your first time in riding this car?” Kyungsoo glanced at him as he adjusted the back mirror and side mirrors of the car.

“Yes, I only manage to see it from outside but I never enter it for once. This is very cool….” Youngjae touched the dashboard and soothing it gently, feeling the touch in admiration.

“Same here, I always watch it from outside until I manage to get a job under Daehyun-nim, finally I can ride this car every day – fetching him up back and ford from his work but sometimes, I have to wash some of his cars so his other drivers would fetch him instead,” Kyungsoo started the engine.

Youngjae nodded, “So how many cars exactly did he have?”

“Hmmm….let’s see, maybe around 10?” Kyungsoo tilted his head. Youngjae widened his eyes in shock. “But that does not includes with the one he had at the countryside,” he pulled the hand break before he started to reverse the car and drove off from the parking lot.

Youngjae gasped silently, speechless by the amount of cars Daehyun had. Why would anyone have a lot of cars if he rarely used it? Well, some people might crazy about automotive stuff but to spend on such highly expensive cars can be pretty wasteful.

“Well, that’s Daehyun-nim for you. Whenever he wanted something, he would get it no matter what. If he didn’t get it, he will find out some other ways to get it. But in a good way though! Although he’s quite greedy about getting something that he wants, but he will never give up for good. That’s the good thing about him,” Kyungsoo grinned proudly.

Youngjae nodded again, he agreed that no one is perfect in this world and even a bad person have the slightest good side of him that is hard for others to see – seems like Kyungsoo was part of those people who can see that.

“Say, I heard from Yongguk-hyung that you’re a year younger than Daehyun-nim. Is it okay if I call you ‘Youngjae-ah’ instead? I’m a year older than you by the way….”

“You are?” Youngjae widened his eyes once again. “S-Sure….why not? Haha,” he chuckled only to see Kyungsoo was smiling handsomely at him before focusing back in front. He thought Kyungsoo was the same age as him because of the guy’s feature. Now he knew he shouldn’t guess other people’s age based on their appearances.

“We’re here….” Youngjae turned to front, to see huge metal gates standing majestically before them. Kyungsoo unbuckled his seatbelt and lowered down the window to scan his card on the machine outside. As the ‘bip’ sound came out, the door gates opened automatically in front them.

Then, Youngjae’s mouth dropped by the breath-taking view in front him. As Kyungsoo drove the car inside slowly, Youngjae awed at his surroundings – wide green fields with different shapes of trees arranged neatly around them, branded cars parked orderly at the side corner, colorful flowers bushes beside the pillars of the huge mansion and bright blue oceans right beside it. Now he knew the house was located near the seaside.

Kyungsoo stopped the car right beside the entrance and walked out from the car. Youngjae opened his door slowly with his eyes locked on the building, still awed at the magnificent well-build house. He had never seen anyone would stay at a huge place like this for his entire life, it’s like living in a palace.

“The place is pretty huge, eh? Wait until you see the inside,” he carried Youngjae’s bag and lead him to the door. Soon, the door was opened; revealing a huge and bright chandelier greeting their way to the main entrance of the mansion and four pretty maids standing side by side of the door.

“Welcome to Jung’s family mansion, Youngjae-ah,” Kyungsoo looked at the awed guy. “Ohh by the way, these are his maids. This is Hyosung, the chief maid in this house,” he introduced the girl next to his left.

“Hello, my name is Hyosung. Nice to meet you,” Hyosung bowed politely. Her cute maid dressed was designed perfectly for her body and her bright smile somehow reminds Youngjae to Yongguk instead. She is pretty, Youngjae thought.

“This is Hana, Jieun, and lastly, Sunhwa. The four of them are in charge in keeping the house sparkle clean and foods are well served to everyone in the house…” the three bowed and smiled at him. Youngjae did the same in return.

“So, is this the one that Yonggukkie actually talking about? He’s cute!” Hana squealed.

“Cute? I think he’s handsome. You looked y in the suit, Youngjae-ah,” Hyosung bit her lips, smiling cheekily at the younger.

“S-y?” Youngjae stuttered.

“By the way, how old are you? Same age as Daehyun-nim? Or younger?” Sunhwa stood closer to him as Youngjae eyed them uncomfortably.

“Ohh put yourself together, girls. This is not the way of treating a new family member in the house,” Jieun pushed the others a bit further in giving Youngjae some space.

Although she had the same as the others, unlike the other three she knows how to control herself from acting too fangirlish towards an attractive man. Kyungsoo chuckled at the reaction and shook his head.

Now that he had it in mind, why would a personal assistant like him have to stay in the same house with Daehyun? Regarding his job of being a bodyguard at the same time, that doesn’t mean he had to stay with him 24/7 right? So what’s the reason behind all this?

“Well, it’s about time you got here. Where are you both few hours ago?” Everyone turned at the voice echoed in the room and saw Daehyun standing before them with a frown and folded arms on his chest. They quickly keep their heads down and stood properly in front him.

“We’re apologized for making you waiting, sir. The traffics are jammed the time we almost got here. Forgive us….” Kyungsoo said. Youngjae felt these people treated Daehyun nothing more like a king – majestic king to be exact.

Daehyun narrowed his eyes and walked closer to them. He stared at the blonde in wonder and raised the guy’s chin slightly. Youngjae stared at him back only realizing that their faces are few inches apart. “Have you finished your job back there, Youngjae-ah?”

“Err….yeah? I mean, yes….sir.”

Daehyun smirked and let go of his chin. “Good. Now, let’s get you clean up because I have a new job for you to do. Girls….” he clapped his hands 2 times as the girls suddenly pushed him to the staircase and lead him to a room, making Youngjae confused by the sudden act. Who actually thought the next few minutes was a hell out of him…..

[F.l.a.s.h.b.a.c.k – ENDS]

 

“What happened later then?” Jongup asked curiously. Youngjae grunted as he ruffled his fluffy hair roughly again before he reached for a paper in his blazer.

“Here’s what happened…..” Jongup took the paper while the others quickly rushed to him and looked through it together. It was a shock to find out the paper was full with lists of job that he had to do for the next few months – laundry, cleaning the house, washing the cars, cutting the leaves, wiping out some shoes, serving foods, and more.

“Are you kidding me? He gave you this during your first day of staying there? Haish….this guy is really a devil,” Himchan whined.

“I know! I mean can you imagine how it feels like to being order around, being call for so many times just for a slightest job and not being thanked at all? It felt like I was a replacement for the maids that already quit in that house!” Youngjae exclaimed.

“We’ve been there before…..” they said in unison.

“I think I’m going to quit this job sooner….” Youngjae murmured.

“NO!” they said in unison again. “Youngjae, you can’t give it up now. You’ve just started this work! You should be patient with the challenges of your work here no matter what. We’ve been dealing with this problem for years and you should think twice about letting go the job first….” Yongguk patted Youngjae’s shoulder and sat beside him.

“Yeah, think of what would it be if you were in our place, Youngjae-ah….” Himchan sighed as the memories of cleaning the toilets and bathroom in the house roamed back to his mind. It took him 3 hours just to get himself clean up for being dirtied all day long.

Youngjae looked at them sadly while they were giving him a smile in hope for him to stay strong in dealing with the problem as Zelo was pouted cutely at him while Jongup was giving him unbearable pleading eyes. Himchan was right. They’ve been with Daehyun for years and yet they still managed to be with him at what cause. These guys are very patient than he could ever imagine.

“Okay…..fine. I’m doing this for the sake of you guys….and the money,” Youngjae sighed heavily. Yongguk grinned cheekily and looked happily at the others.

“Don’t worry, Youngjae-ah. If you have anything that you wish to tell us about even a slightest rages you have in yourself, please….don’t hesitate in consulting with us. Okay?” Himchan smiled, rising a ‘thumbs up’. Youngjae nodded lightly and snuffles before he received a sudden call from his cell phone.

“Youngjae-ah! Where are you? Who told you to skip work while I was in the office? Come back here this instance!” Youngjae furthered the phone from his ear because of the high pitch voice.

“Yes….sir,” Youngjae already heard Daehyun slammed the phone from the other line. He gave them with a question look but instead, they just stared him back with a blank look.

“Well, you heard the king. He wants to be ‘serve’ right now….” Youngjae arose from his seat and walked out from the room. “Have a nice lunch, fellas….” He said before the door closed from behind.

 


 

Hye there :D

It's been awhile since I updated a fic. Sorry for taking it too long. Seems like my daily schedule was holding me back again. 

Hope you guys like the chapter because later I might to update my other fics as well. Some of my readers keep asking me about updating my stories.

Gladly I finished my exam (and I received good news regarding my other exams about passing it successfully - yeah!) and recently , I just got accepted for Japanese Exchange Student program. Alhamdulillah ! Praise to God for everything :D

It has been my dream in visiting Japan since I was a child and more than I ever expected , I'm going to learn a lot of new knowledge about Japan culture further than I usually do. As much as I liked Kpop / Korean culture , actually I loved all Asia cultures. It represents of who I am to this world. And I hope I will be getting the same opportunity once again in the future. If God wills it :)

So I hope you have a great day and see you later !

Senichi_Yamada is reporting for duty ! Yes , sir !