CHAPTER 1

MY PERSONAL ASSISTANT & BODYGUARD

“Yongguk-ah….”

Yongguk looked up to see Himchan who came in to his room, scowled on his face. He sighed deeply and wondered, if there’s a scowl on that handsome face, it might have something to do with their work….again.

“Yes, Himchan-ah?”

“I heard that one of our members was quit again. What’s the problem now?”

Yongguk stopped checking the file and put it on the table, faced the man in front him. “You know the problem is, Himchan-ah. When it comes to work like this, there’s always a problem where you’ll have to deal with ‘such’ person…”

“Yeah, but it doesn’t mean that we have to keep changing person like this. This is the 11th time we changed his personal bodyguard….” Himchan whined as he took a seat on the chair in front him, “…and his personal assistant,” he placed his gun on the table.

The red-haired guy glanced at the gun and back to him, sighed lightly before turning back on the paper.

Yongguk and Himchan was the vice president of security department under Jung Enterprise Cooperation. Their job is to protect the Jung family from whatever cause and danger that could happen but for their case, protecting one person is already considered as one big major problem.

Jung Daehyun, the young CEO of the Jung Enterprise Cooperation in South Korea. His parents passed away ever since he was a kid, and since he was the only child in the family he had to take over his father’s place and continue the business as usual.

Despite being a president for such a young age, both Yongguk and Himchan has trouble in dealing with his behavior for quite long time.

“Well, it’s not our fault for him being like that. He just needs some time to get to use with this kind of work. Besides, he’s still young. So be good to him….” Yongguk looked through the papers inside his file.

Himchan snorted, swiftly putting his legs up on the edge of the desk. “Yeah, right. With that kind of attitude, I don’t think he will change at all. He needs someone to teach him some great lessons about how to be grown up for goodness sake…”

Yongguk took a glimpse at his grunted friend and shook his head. He somehow agreed with the decision of the guy, their boss really needs someone who can teach him some lessons so he can be mature in handling his problems wisely.

The phone on Yongguk’s table rang, he glanced at it for awhile, guessing the person behind the line before pick it up. “Hello?”

“Come to my office now, I need to discuss with you about something.”

Yongguk felt hesitate in answering him, looking at the person in front him. “Okay, sir….”

“Ohh, and don’t forget to bring Himchan along too. I need both of you in my office right away…got it?”

“Yes, sir…” Yongguk heard the other person already placed his phone first. He sighed roughly, tidy up his papers into the file and get up from his chair as the other eyeing him carefully.

“Is that him?” Himchan crossed his arms on his chest.

Yongguk snuffled, adjusting his tie and looked at him boringly, “Who else?” he walked away and reached to the door knob.

Himchan shrugged and took his gun, putting it back to its place on his waist and followed him from behind, “He asked me to follow you too, is he?”

“It won’t be normal if he didn’t, Himchan-ah….” Yongguk murmured, closed the door after letting him went out first.

 


 

Daehyun pinched his nose bridge, the migraine started to hit his head again when he saw those numbers. The work he had is getting complicated as he lost another one of his personal assistant who he highly depends on throughout the work.

He cursed in dismay for same problems that started to come again. He thought that having someone who can help him with all of the work can make his job easier. But he was wrong.

He heard someone knocking on his door, asked them to come in as two of his most trusted bodyguards came in.

“Sir, do you need anything today?” Yongguk asked, as both of them stood in front of his desk, both hands down, facing him formally.

“Do I look like I don’t?” Daehyun replied rudely to him. Yongguk cleared his throat, knowing that he just asked the wrong question to their boss. Himchan quietly rolled his eyes, annoyed at the younger’s rude attitude.

“Listen here, I need a new personal assistant who can take care of my daily schedule….as well as my personal bodyguard who will guard me 24/7 right now….”

“But sir, both of them already quit. And that only left us, your other bodyguards in security department…”

“I don’t want that one. I need someone who is new, professional, and committed with the work; not someone who is lazy and hard-headed like them….” Daehyun turned his chair around, facing his back towards them.

Himchan scowled at the statement, who is he to call us lazy and hard-headed? He’s the one who hard enough to listen at what people are trying to say to him.

Before he could say anything, Yongguk held his hand, gestured him to stay calm and be quiet so he won’t cause any unwanted trouble. He sighed roughly and looked away, wondering if their boss can get any mature than this.

“Yes, we’ll handle that right away. But I can’t guarantee that you’ll get it today since we haven’t held the interview yet, sir. Can you give us a few days instead, please?”

Daehyun tapped his chin playfully with his fingers, thinking of the decision. Finally, he had something in his mind. He turned at them, crossing his legs and leaned on his chair casually, a mere smirk formed on his face.

“Okay, I’ll give you 3 days to get me one…”

Yongguk smiled and bowed, “Thank you, sir…”

Even though 3 days sounds short but he knew that he can come up with a better way to get both one at a time….until his mind began to process of the guy’s word carefully. “Wait….w-what do you mean by….one, sir?” he asked formally.

Daehyun snickered, pulling his chair closely to the desk and rested his arms on it, clasped his hands and looked at them, “When I mean one, it means….one,” he showed him with his index finger.

Yongguk and Himchan widened their eyes and shared glances with each other, a personal assistant and personal bodyguard in the same time? Who would willingly to take both jobs in one time? Ohh God…

 


 

“I’m sorry!”

“Sorry, you say? Yah! You think who’s going to pay for this? You? Haish!” the angry man snorted, looking around in frustrated, hands on his waist. Youngjae kept his head down, clasped his hands down, letting the old man scolding him for his own mistakes.

This is the 3rd time Youngjae had broke the dishes in the kitchen. He just got the job as a dishwasher in the restaurant 2 days ago and now, here he is, being scolded for his clumsiness and waiting for the time of his boss being cool down from his endless anger.

“Aigoo….look at all those things….I don’t think my business can last long if things are kept going like this….” The man glared at Youngjae, as he saw the younger kept silence, scared at him. He sighed roughly and took something in his pocket.

“Here, take this. Take this and don’t come back again. I don’t want to see your face in my shop this instance. Understand?” he gave Youngjae some money and pointed him to the exit door. Youngjae held the money unpleasantly as he quickly grabbed the elder’s wrist, stopping him from walk away.

“P-please, sir! I-I’m really sorry for all of my mistakes. I won’t do it, again. I-I promise! But, please don’t fire me…” Youngjae pleaded, nearly knelt down as he begged the man for forgiveness.

The old man snorted. “That’s the 5th time you’ve said. I’m tired of your words and your puppy dog eyes for begging to stay longer in this place. Even though you’re cuter than any other guys out there, but that doesn’t mean I will reconsider in keeping you here. My decision is final, kid…go home or get a new job instead!”

He pulled his hand harshly as the younger fell down, knelt on the hard floor with head facing down. It felt like his entire life crashed into pieces, knowing that he’s jobless (again) and now he only have a few in his bank account which is not enough for him to buy some mere foods….nor to pay for his father’s debts.

Youngjae cursed angrily as he walked on the avenue, thinking of another way of where to find a job. He grateful enough that he managed to graduate from his school before this entire problem could happen.

Few weeks after his graduation day, his father suddenly ran away from home, left him with a note telling him about the money that he had lost in gambling. In result, he lost contact with his father…..and the debt collectors came to him in asking for the money.

Since he was given some chances to pay the debts, he decided to search for jobs that can earn him enough money to pay for the debts as soon as possible before the deadline came.

While wandering around the town in jobless, he sat on a bench nearby him and grabbed his phone, calling the familiar number. He sighed heavily as he was waiting for someone to pick up from the other line.

He grunted when there’s no one to pick up his call. He tried again as he started to feel uncomfortable, feeling a sudden pit in his stomach. After a few tries, finally he gave up, knowing that it will be useless since he’s going to get the same result in the end.

“Dad….why aren’t you picking up? Why are you doing this to me….to your son…”

He palmed his face sadly, his eyes started to water at the fact that he doesn’t have anyone else in to ask for a help.

The deadline is getting nearer, he needs to find a job that can really pay him handsomely. If he didn’t, then he will be in dead trouble.

“Hey, Youngjae….”

Youngjae turned at the loud voice, his eyes widened when he saw 6 familiar men came to him, with a few weapons on their hands. He cursed silently when he saw the trouble suddenly came to him…again.

 


 

Hye , there ! How are you ? Hope you guys are fine ! >w<
Honestly , I haven't finish my first story yet but suddenly this story gets to my mind so I have no choice to share it. I loved sharing....huhu

Anyway , new chapter will update soon ! ^^