Chapter 8

~° Unsettled Fate..°~

 

Chapter 8

 

 

1350, Joseon Dynasty.

 

Yi Jung and Woo Bin rubbed their heads and stood up from the ground as they examined their surroundings. Yi Jung noticed that both him and Woo Bin was in the midst of several ancient korean buildings, he was about to ask Woo Bin what happened when both of them heard a noises of footsteps coming from behind them.

 

"Quick! We need to be ready and leave by dawn!"

 

Both of them scrambled to hide themselves behind the bushes. Yi Jung was out of words when he saw the source of noise. He saw an exact replica of himself, dressed in Joseon army outfit, standing several metres away from him. Woo Bin gasped too, and whispered, "Yi Jung..!" Yi Jung bite his lips when he observed how cruely his former self dictated his men and gave really harsh orders. Just when he was about to take a closer look, he saw a lady approaching. Yi Jung's heart skipped because that girl was none other than the Ga Eul that appeared in his dreams so much. From the looks of her plain white hanbok, Yi Jung was guessing that Ga Eul was probably a servant girl. But the pale outfits did not cover Ga Eul's beauty and gentleness that was radiating through her bright eyes and sweet smile. Yi Jung smiled, Ga Eul yang was very pretty and gentle even in her past life. Yi Jung watched closely as Ga Eul slowly walked closer to General Yi Jung.

 

"General.." Ga Eul said softly, she was holding an amulet in her tiny hands, hoping that General Yi Jung would accept her gift before he leave for the battle. "Please bring this along with you, i asked the heavens to protect you and grant our kingdom victory." Ga Eul smiled gently and lifted her hands in attempt to pass the amulet to General Yi Jung. But the next thing she knew, the amulet was on the ground and General Yi Jung was staring at her coldly. "What do you think you are doing? Just because you've been to my chambers doesn't mean you have the right to act like my wife, many other women have been in your place too."

 

Ga Eul looked down and felt her heart slowly breaking into pieces again. Whenever General Yi Jung showed her bits of gentleness and loving when she was embraced in his arms, her heart would be filled with happiness because she felt that she was finally an inch closer to his heart. But then he would later turn into this icy cold person again and push her a thousand miles away. Ga Eul had no one to blame but herself for falling in love with General Yi Jung. Tears started flowing out from Ga Eul's eyes like pearls as she watch General Yi Jung walking away. She kneeled down on the ground, picked up the amulet and prayed to the heavens, begging the heavens to protect Yi Jung. She prayed earnestly and was willing to do anything and endure anything as long as this is not the last time she gets to see him.

 

Yi Jung, who was hiding behind the bushes all the while, was crushed when he saw all these. He didn't expect his former self to be so cold and cruel. The way Ga Eul was holding the amulet close to her heart and constantly mumbling her prayers with tears flowing out from her eyes was breaking Yi Jung's heart so much.

 

......

 

Woo Bin went to the building where the king had his official meetings with the ministers. He hid himself behind the windows as he peeped inside and was shocked to see himself wearing the king's robes and seated on the throne. Woo Bin too, was out of words when he saw the woman dressed in the queen's hanbok seated next to the king, it was none other than JaeKyung. Woo Bin finally understood what the old man meant, JaeKyung and him was destined to meet each other again because of their relationship in the past.

 

He carefully hid himself behind the doors as the meeting ended and the king proceeded to leave the building with his men and servants following him closely. Woo Bin followed them too and found out that the king was heading towards the gardens to meet up with the queen.

 

"My king.." queen JaeKyung greeted the king as she smiled gently. King Woo Bin looked into JaeKyung's eyes and let out a laugh too as he instructed the servants to station themselves further away from both of them. JaeKyung started taking out some snacks she personally prepared from the food basket. "Yah my queen, are you trying to make me gain weight?" King Woo Bin teased as he observed the delicous food that JaeKyung prepared, no doubt she had good cooking skills. Ever since JaeKyung entered the palace at a young age, she excelled in the palace kitchen and gained the favour and trust of the late king so much that the late king instructed JaeKyung to be personally in charged of his and princes' meals. JaeKyung opened her eyes wide, "Yah Woo Bin yah!" Woo Bin pretended to be mad because of JaeKyung's informal address of himself, "How dare you address the king like that.." JaeKyung sticked out her tongue and smiled cheekily, "I know you long enough to tell that you couldn't bring yourself to punish me." King Woo Bin chuckled as he shake his head, true enough, their friendship since childhood had blossomed into love, and JaeKyung was the only person that knew him so well.

 

King Woo Bin stood up and pulled queen JaeKyung closer to himself, he embraced her from behind and placed his head next to her left cheeks. Queen JaeKyung blushed a little and laughed, "Woo Bin ahh?" King Woo Bin laughed too, "Jae ahh, look at the stars, remember how we used to count them one by one when we were young?" JaeKyung observed the sky full of shining stars and memories of their childhood begin filling her mind, she laughed, "Yes! And i remember you were always slower than me to finish counting." She started laughing and King Woo Bin playfully tickled her. Both of them talked, laughed and love under the stars that night. King Woo Bin couldn't express how blessed he felt for having his queen by his side. He was reluctant to ascend the throne at first because he knew how burdensome being a king is, but with JaeKyung by his side to support him, he felt that everything would be okay.

 

Woo Bin was so touched as he observed quietly from afar. The intimate relationship that the former JaeKyung and himself had was a beautiful and strong one. He sighed as he contemplated the current situation between him and JaeKyung, he knew that he was innocent but he regretted not being extra careful. He was worried because he couldn't find JaeKyung and was anxious to explain everything to her personally, wanting to salvage whatever trust she had in him left. Woo Bin took another look at King Woo Bin who is currently embracing queen JaeKyung in his arms, he wanted to embrace his JaeKyung in his arms too...

 

......

 

I'm so sorry for the late update, have been too busy with classes.. =)

thankies for reading! please stay happy, healthy and safe always..