chapter 6

~° Unsettled Fate..°~

 

Chapter 6

 

CiNan Entertainment headquarters, CEO WooBin's office.

 

JaeKyung was leaning on WooBin's table after placing a cup of hot chocolate on his table, "WooBin ahh, your drink.." WooBin was sited at his table, going through some paperwork, he took a sip of the drink and instantly jerked, "JaeKyung ahh! I thought it's coffee?" JaeKyung sticked out her tongue, "Ani, coffee is bad for health, and you've been having so much of it already." To be honest, JaeKyung was loving the lifestyle she is having now. Because of the scandal that erupted recently, WooBin had to stop JaeKyung from all her activities to allow the scandal to simmer down. But JaeKyung was feeling so bored and worried about her source of income since her and GaEul's living expenses and apartment rental would fall solely on GaEul's shoulders, hence WooBin came out with a genius plan : he "employed" JaeKyung as his personal assistant and JaeKyung's job scope included : making coffee for him, giving him massages, and constantly be by his side to keep him happy. LOL. YiJung couldn't stop laughing after he found out what his brother did in order to protect his love.

 

WooBing chuckled, this naughty JaeKyung had been stopping him from taking too much coffee and forcing him to do mini yoga or zen meditation sessions in between his working hours to help him destress. WooBin playfully hugged JaeKyung and she tried to slap his hands, "Yah WooBin ahh! It's still office hours yah, this is so inappropriate.." Both of them were wrestling and giggling, unaware that YiJung and GaEul entered the room, and was watching their every move.

 

GaEul blushed and looked to the floor the very moment YiJung and her entered and saw what her sister was doing with WooBin oppa. YiJung on the other hand laughed in disbelief, "Yah Hyung! You two yah!" WooBin and JaeKyung immediate jerked away from each other when they heard YiJung's voice, "Ehmm hmmm..Oh both of you are here..you guys should have knocked the door yah.." GaEul couldn't help but to laugh because JaeKyung's face was so red, "Unnie, we knocked a few times already.." "Ahh arasso arasso..YiJung and GaEul shii, come and sit down here.."

 

Both of them sat in front of WooBin's desk. GaEul was nervous, it wasn't something casual for the CEO to call her into his room, not to mention along with YiJung. GaEul was worried, had she done something wrong? Maybe it was her sudden appearance in YiJung's recent music video. "GaEul ahh, the reason why i called you in today is because, i need you to consent to making a guest appearance in one of the variety shows along with YiJung.." GaEul and YiJung were both shocked, "Mwo? WooBin oppa, me?" GaEul was really puzzled, she was neither an actress nor a singer, why would the variety show producers request her guest appearance? "Ani, there has been a lot of speculation regarding who the female lead in YiJung's music video ever since we released it last week, the public is curious to know who you are, that's all."

 

GaEul bite her lips, appearing in a variety show? She have no problem with that, but what will it affect YiJung's career and public image? YiJung on the other hand was totally please with this, "Hyung, it's a good idea, we'll do it." GaEul was about to protest when the door was suddenly budged open and in came a very angry MinHwa. WooBin was rather annoyed to see MinHwa entering into his room with such 'good' manners. Not only did MinHwa not knock the door before she enter, she marched into the room without even acknowledging the people inside. "WooBin! How can you allow this to happen? I am the female lead for Sweet Love music video, how can you allow an ordinary nobody to replace me?!" MinHwa yelled as she glared at GaEul.

 

WooBin took a step forward, he was getting really annoyed, "MinHwa shii, you were late for the shooting, you were more than an hour late." MinHwa sniggered, "So?! That was my spot, my spot!" Feeling unsatisfied, she turned towards JaeKyung, "You did it didn't you? Because you couldn't do it so you asked your sister to do it! You!" JaeKyung took a few steps backwards, MinHwa had always been very well behaved and poise in front of the media and with the company, but today she was going a bit hysterical. WooBin was about to chase MinHwa out of the room when she stared at GaEul, "You are such a ! You're thinking of becoming an actress through this yah? You just wait and see!" WooBin stood up from his chair, "MinHwa, get out now. Now!" MinHwa stomp out of the room and slammed the door, leaving all four of them shaking their heads in disbelief. GaEul on the other hand, felt really sorry for taking over MinHwa's role, but it not like she planned for it to happen. She sighed and secretly hoped that MinHwa would feel better soon.

 

...

 

"My King, it's her! All the evidence points to her!"

 

"No! Please! No, i didn't do it, I really didn't do it!"

 

GaEul was lying on the ground in her dreams, her hands were tied together and her legs were cuffed. There was a lot of people, people dressed in Joseon dynasty clothing, it was like one of the trial sessions. She was struggling as the guards dragged her out, she felt the pain, the pain of having her arms held so roughly by the guards and her heart was bleeding, there was someone, someone there that she was calling out to...

 

GaEul woke up before she could have a clear look of that man, she sighed as she held the jade pendant close to her heart. She had been carrying this jade pendant ever since she was young, her omma told her that she was born with the jade pendant, it's a gift of the heavens and she must keep it close to her heart. GaEul patted her chest gently, maybe she was nervous about the variety show recording tomorrow, that's why she is having such weird dreams. She placed her jade pendant on her side table and went back to sleep.

 

...

 

WooBin was driving in his car heading towards one of the bars located in the heart of Seoul. Frankly speaking, he wasn't fond of visiting the bars, but tonight he had an important meeting with some of the major clients and sponsors for the company.

 

The dim and flashing lights in the club was already making him having a headache as he made his way across the dancing crowd to the private rooms. WooBin greeted four of the middle aged men there and they started chatting and drinking. WooBin was still okay with everything, until the room door was opened and a couple of club girls entered the room, wanting to socialize with them. WooBin frowned slightly seeing this, he knew that many of these club girls were aware of their status in the entertainment industry and each wanted to grab an opportunity to enter the industry.

 

Two of the girls dressed with barely anything on them sat next to WooBin and started pouring more wine into his glass, "WooBin oppa, we seldom see you here. Where have you been, oppa?" "Yes oppa, we missed you a lot.." WooBin smiled uncomfortably as he nodded his head without answering verbally. He saw the other men having fun and drinking with the other girls, and they invited WooBin to drink too, kept on adding wine for him every time he finishes his glass at their the next half an hour, WooBin was lying on the couch heavily drunk, he was trying to stand up and wanted to leave but his head was too dizzy, he could only hear a few people conversing in the room.

 

"Unnie.."

 

"Okay thanks girls, good job. Here's your reward."

 

...

 

The next morning was like the worst day for WooBin, he woke up in a hotel bed and was in utter shock because he had nothing on but his under garment. He could smell the alcohol stance on him and in the room, he looked around but saw no one. WooBin smacked his head, trying hard to think what happened last night but he had no memories whatsoever at all. He quickly went back to his mansion, took a shower and rushed to CiNan Entertainment headquarters.

 

WooBin opened the doors and saw JaeKyung sitting at his sit, and he noticed the cup of hot chocolate she prepared on his table. "WooBin ahh! You're late!" JaeKyung cheekily. WooBin stared at JaeKyung, not knowing what to respond because he felt guilty for what happened last night. He didn't know what happened but he sincerely hoped that he hadn't betray JaeKyung's trust for him.

 

"WooBin?" JaeKyung went forward, WooBin was staring at here but he seemed to be lost in his thoughts. "Ahh mianhe ah JaeKyung," He smiled and tenderly hugger JaeKyung into his arms. JaeKyung smiled sweetly as she caressed WooBin's face, "Ahh you look very tired WooBin ahh, tough night with the men? Gwenchana, i prepare hot chocolate and some snacks, you will better after it.." JaeKyung was about to release herself from the hug and pull WooBin towards the table but WooBin hugged even tighter, WooBin sighed and sincerely hoped that nothing happened last night because he really don't want to lose JaeKyung.

 

...

to be continued..

thankies guys for reading! =)