Chapter 10

~° Unsettled Fate..°~

“Its up to you, General. My sister’s fate is in your hands.”

General YiJung couldn’t sleep at all for the next twelve hours or so. He ordered his men to leave him alone because his mind was in such a chaotic state after his conversation with Queen JaeKyung last night.

“Hi, my name is GaEul, what is yours? Why are you crying here alone?”

YiJung could still remember the first time when both of them met when they were only eight year old. He was worn out and emotional hurt by his combat trainings and hid himself at a small corner in the royal kitchen and GaEul approached him. Her sweet smile and gentle voice was enough to comfort his wounded soul. And ever since then, YiJung would escape from his royal servants to come to the kitchen area to play with GaEul. He had to admit, even at the age of eight, he was already attracted to GaEul’s kind soul.

Their relationship had a good start, and both of them initially thought that things would be brighter in the future but everything went downhill. It became harder for both of them to approach each other as they grew up, mainly because of the vast differences in their social status and the fact that YiJung was losing the capacity to love as he grew up under the shadow of his brother and the pressure exerted on him by his late father.

YiJung remembered the countless times GaEul tried to approach him but all her efforts were shunned away coldly by him. He felt really guilty seeing the look in GaEul’s eyes, she was so hurt and disappointed everytime, but it didn’t stop her from loving him. Despite all the cold shoulders that YiJung gave GaEul, still she willingly availed herself to him, even to the point of giving him her ity and giving him her all. Yes, she loved you, YiJung, how can you be so stupid not to acknowledge this? YiJung spoke to himself.

GaEul….

YiJung grabbed his hair and squinted his eyes. The inner conflict going on inside him was even worse as the time passed and GaEul’s prosecution time came nearer.


*************


GaEul panted and tried to keep up her footsteps as the guards dragged her out from the dungeon to the prosecuting platform. She felt very dizzy and she could feel the stingy pain coming from her fresh wounds that drained her body leaving her with little energy.

The guards roughly shoved GaEul against the ground and unlocked the shackles. GaEul lifted her head slowly and saw the prosecutor judge seated in front of her. She shivered slightly seeing the cold and merciless look in his eyes.

“GaEul, due to the crime of committing an affair within the walls of the palace, you have been sentenced to drinking poison! Is there anything you would like to say before we proceed?”

GaEul saw Princess MinHwa standing next to the prosecutor judge. She was eyeing GaEul with that knowing stare, seemingly forcing her to confess that her baby belongs to King WooBin.

GaEul bit her lips and shake her head, refusing to confess and this angered Princess MinHwa. She fisted her hands and threw dagger stares at GaEul before turning around and left the prosecuting platform.

“Bring the poison out!”

GaEul heard the prosecutor judge’s orders and tears were flowing out from her eyes as the guards dragged her to the other side of the platform. Did she regret her decision? No, never. Even if she was inches away from death, she will never endanger the lives of her loved ones. But still tears were flowing out non-stop from both her eyes when she saw the bowl of dark substance placed in front of her.

If there were any regrets she had, that would be to see General YiJung one last time before she leave. Ever since she was old enough, her only wish was to have YiJung loving her back and hearing him say that he loves her too. But GaEul knew that her wish wasn’t going to come true, she will never be able to hear the three letter words coming out from his mouth. But still, GaEul loved him very much, with all her heart. This is one thing she cannot deny and will never regret.

Her hands were trembling so much as she reached out a hand to grab the bowl and covered her abdomen with the other. Tears were blurring her vision and her heart was breaking into a thousand of pieces. She was crying, asking for forgiveness for not being able to protect her baby and the sad ending of her love.

GaEul finally gathered enough physical strength to hold the bowl in her hands and drank every substance inside the bowl, praying and hoping in her mind that her death will bring peace to her loved ones. GaEul felt her vision darkening, and her body slowly collapsing as the dark substance her life out quickly. She heard a loud cry and felt someone approaching her.Could it be…?GaEul’s heart skipped. But it was too late, before she could register anything, her eyes were already closed. The dark substance had claimed her life.


*****************


YiJung was hiding himself behind one of the pillars as he observed the prosecution that was going on not far away from where he was standing. He was watching with a sunken heart because he never knew that in his past life, he was the one who put GaEul through so much suffering, even to the point of death. YiJung glanced the nearby area and spotted General YiJung watching the prosecution from a nearby distance too.

General YiJung’s face was filled with conflict and worry. He was holding unto his sword so hard with the other hand fisted as he watch the prosecutor judge bring a bowl of poison in front of GaEul. He started to pant, time was running out fast, but he was still indecisive, his heart was still in a haze.

General YiJung felt his heart breaking when he saw the way GaEul cried. She was holding the poison bowl in one hand and covering her stomach with the other. YiJung! Why are you so stubborn and stupid? He felt his inner soul scolding himself. It was then when he decided to trust GaEul and acknowledge his love for her. General YiJung’s heart sank when he saw GaEul lifting the bowl. He ran out from his hiding place and budged straight into the prosecuting platform, totally not afraid of the guards that might come forward to stop him because he saw GaEul drinking the poison and all he could think of was to stop her from doing so.

But by the time he could get himself freed from the guards, GaEul already finished drinking the poison and General YiJung ran towards her, only in time to catch her cold body collapsing lifelessly into his arms.

“GaEul!!! GaEul yah!!!!! Wake up!! I love you and I believe in you!!! Wake up, GaEul!!! GaEul ahhh…..GAEUL SHI!!!!!!!!”

YiJung was holding a lifeless GaEul in his arms as he sat down on the prosecuting platform. He was wailing, crying and screaming with tears covering his face, but GaEul’s eyes were still closed. Streams of blood were flowing out from the edge of GaEul’s mouth. No matter how much General YiJung confessed his love for GaEul and begged her to wake up, GaEul was still lying in his arms motionless.

White flowers begin to bloom all over the palace and the prosecutor judge and all the guards were stunned to see this sight. The white flowers were screaming GaEul’s innocence and mocking General YiJung’s foolishness for not believing in GaEul. General YiJung was overwhelmed with regret and sadness. The paleness of GaEul’s skin was like a death sentence to him, telling him that GaEul is longer coming back and its all because of his own selfishness.
General YiJung couldn’t contain the sorrow any longer. He decided that he couldn’t continue his life on this earth without GaEul. He pulled out his sword and was about to pierce it through his own heart.

YiJung froze the very moment he saw this scene, it was the exact replica of the dream that he kept on having recently. Suddenly everything made sense to him!

General YiJung took one last glance at the lifeless GaEul, held her body closer to himself and pierced his sword through his own heart.

“No!!!!”

YiJung was about to scream out loud because he felt an excruciating pain going through his chest. He held unto his chest and panted. He saw General YiJung lying motionlessly with GaEul beside him, and the white flowers were blooming all around them. Suddenly a huge wind started to blow and YiJung’s surrounding started to swirl and change. Before he realize, he was brought back to the same park nearby their company.

YiJung panted as he got up on his feet. There was only one thing in his mind right now: find GaEul. And he was certain this time that he wasn’t going to let anyone come in between them and he will never let go of her anymore.


**************


WooBin was roaming the palace area, hoping to find King WooBin or Queen JaeKyung. He was making his way quietly and secretly to the queen’s chambers when he saw the entire palace area blooming with white flowers and he heard the conversations between a few of the maidservants there.

“Its true! GaEul shii is innocent!”

“Don’t you know? So Yeon shii spilled everything out about Princess MinHwa! The King is so furious, he swore to prosecute Princess MinHwa!”

“Serves her right..”

“What a pity GaEul shi had to die. If only she heard General YiJung’s confessions..”

“But it doesn’t matter, does it? General YiJung died too. What a tragedy…”

WooBin was confused, what were they talking about? Seems that something bad had happened to GaEul and YiJung. He quickly made his way further into the queen’s quarters and was shocked when he saw King WooBin crying and wailing at the side of a pond and his men and assistants were all standing there, crying helplessly too.

“Jae..!! Jae ahhh…why.. JAE!!!!”

WooBin went closer and gasped when he saw Queen JaeKyung’s body floating on the surface of the pond. Queen JaeKyung was devastated by her sister’s death and the white flowers were prove her sister’s innocence. WooBin started to tear up because King WooBin’s cries were so sorrowful; it was filled with regret and pain, knowing well that he had to continue the remaining of his life without his soulmate.

WooBin was startled when the surroundings started to change and he was brought back to the park. The moon keeper haeraboji was standing in front of WooBin, he had a soft smile on his face in contrast with WooBin’s facial expression.

“My King, fear not. Now that you know your past, its never too late to undo the wrong mistakes you and General YiJung made in the past..”

WooBin bit his lips and nodded his head. If their fates were intertwined a thousand years ago, it must have stayed the way until now. He pretty much figured out who is the person behind all the events that happened to JaeKyung and GaEul recently. But before catching the culprit, he had something else in mind that was more important: find JaeKyung.

****************

guys thanks so much for all the comments!!! hehe...
OMG im really so so so so so so so so so so so sorry for the late update...
so sorry...:(

please stay healthy and happy always! =)