chapter 7

~° Unsettled Fate..°~

 

Chapter 7

 

At the meantime, while WooBin was worried about the drunken incident in the hotel, YiJung and GaEul headed south to attend the 37th Korean Film Festival. GaEul's presence at the variety show was greatly welcomed by the hosts, her sweet and demure personality plus her blushing every time the hosts about her relationship with YiJung made everyone laughed. GaEul was glad that the variety show ended okay, for the first time in her life, she was the one sitting in front of the make up table instead of running around serving the artist. Plus having the cameras filming her, she felt a bit uncomfortable at first but slowly gotten use to it.

 

GaEul let out a loud gasp in the fitting room, YiJung brought her to one of the dressing boutiques to get her an outfit to attend the film festival with him later in the evening. YiJung heard GaEul's gasp and was worried, "GaEul yang, what happened?" GaEul immediately cover , "...Ani ani, i'm okay..i..i will be out soon." GaEul turned around and look at the mirror, oh my, this champagne color gown was definitely really nice, the sheer lining of the lower part of the dress was really pretty, but... GaEul bite her lips, it's a bit..too revealing, almost the entire of her back can be seen.

 

YiJung was pacing around the room, waiting for GaEul to step out of the fitting room while the boutique owner was standing politely at one side. YiJung smiled a bit, he was liking these few days of outstation work, and the very reason being because GaEul was part of it, and of course being away from all the distractions gave him an opportunity to get closer to GaEul. The variety show went well yesterday, YiJung couldn't be more happy about it. Plus even though his schedules for this outstation trip ended late, he still felt at peace with himself because GaEul would always wait for him to finish work and accompanied him.

 

GaEul came out from the fitting room, looking really shy. She attempted to wrap her exposed back with the fitting room curtains and YiJung chuckled, "Yah GaEul yang ahh, what are you doing ahh.." YiJung went forward and tried to take the curtains away and GaEul immediately tried to dodge him, "Sun bae..it's...it's a bit too revealing." YiJung laughed as he took away the curtains and GaEul's sheer beauty was immediately shown. Her porcelain fair skin matched the champagne color very well, the tiny diamonds were shining along with her bright eyes and soft lips. YiJung couldn't take his eyes of GaEul, she looked extremely beautiful, "GaEul ahhh, you look really good.."

 

YiJung's intense staring was making GaEul blushing even more, she smiled a little and didn't know how to react because her face was burning red. The boutique owner was in awe to see GaEul too, "Sir, please come this way, i have some accessories that will go together with the gown prefectly." YiJung nodded and attempted to hold GaEul's hand to go towards the boutique owner's direction but GaEul refused, she said quietly, "Sun bae...this..this dress is already so expensive.. i cannot..ermm..." YiJung chuckled, he knew that GaEul would have such concerns, "Gwenchana GaEul ahh, we'll see how, okay?" GaEul smiled as she allowed YiJung to hold her hand. So far it has been really awesome being here with YiJung, they shared a few tender moments during these few days and YiJung never hesitated to show his concern and care for her, not even during the filming of the variety show.

 

The boutique owner matched GaEul's gown with a diamond bracelet necklace. GaEul was standing in the middle looking at the mirror, she was about to say something when YiJung suddenly came in front of her, held her close to himself in a waltz dancing position. GaEul laughed a bit, "Sun bae..?" YiJung dropped a light kiss on GaEul's right cheek, he held GaEul's waist with his left hand and her hands with his right hand. GaEul smiled and closed her eyes when YiJung started slow dancing with her, enjoying the warmth that YiJung was giving to her right now. The boutique owner quietly left the room to allow the sweet couple to have a moment of their own. YiJung closed his eyes too, although there wasn't any music, but the happiness that was going through his heart right now was the melody that bind both his and GaEul's soul.

 

....

 

The newspaper's headlines the following day changed WooBin's life entire. He was in utter shock when YiJung came into his office early in the morning and showed him the newspapers.

 

"CiNan CEO caught in the middle of his scandal in a hotel." and there were pictures of him half with a few girls. WooBin felt as if his heart fell out of his chest the moment he saw the news. "Hyung, what happened?" YiJung was in utter shock too the moment he saw this, he knew that his brother wouldn't do such a thing, but now that it is in the news, lots of clean up work need to be done, not to mention how JaeKyung sunbaenim would feel. WooBin sat back on his chair and shake his head, "I don't know, i was really drunk. The next thing i know i woke up in a hotel.." WooBin covered his face with his hands, his mind was in such a mess right now, trying to figure out what exactly happened and how would JaeKyung react to this. He immediately grabbed his coat and left his office, "Hyung! Where are you going? What about this?" YiJung pointed at the newspapers, wanting to know what is his brother's plan to settle this. But WooBin couldn't care much about it, right now all he wanted to do was to see JaeKyung and explain to her, otherwise not only will he lose his reputation, he might lost his only love too.

 

.....

 

GaEul was in the middle of unpacking the bundle of costumes in one of the rooms when MinHwa and a few other staff workers approached her. GaEul looked up with confusion in her eyes, not understanding their unfriendly look. Ever since GaEul returned from her trip with YiJung from the south, many of the staff workers have been treating her differently. Because of her appearance in the variety shows, attending the film festival with YiJung and the public's high liking of the couple, higher ranking managers were kind of afraid of upsetting her, and the lower assistants and workers that was previously on good terms with her started to show animosity towards her. "MinHwa unnie?" MinHwa's glares was making GaEul feeling a bit intimidated.

 

"GaEul shii, how dare you steal my voice recordings!" MinHwa pointed at GaEul and GaEul was shocked. She immediately stood up, "Ani, MinHwa unnie, what recordings?I don't know.." MinHwa sniggered, "Yah!! How dare you act as if you're innocent! They all saw you going in and out of the recording department just now!" MinHwa's voice was so loud and sharp that she attracted the attention of many other people, including YiJung. He came into the room and saw an angry MinHwa accusing GaEul of sabotaging her in front the crowd of managers and workers.

 

GaEul was out of words, "Ani, i..i was there only to send some documents, i really didn't take anything out of the room, really i didn't." MinHwa turned towards the crowd, "Okay fine! Where is your bag? Get me her bag!" GaEul stared helplessly as MinHwa's 'followers' took GaEul's bag without her permission and overturned it to pour everything out, and GaEul was shocked when she saw two or three recording tapes falling out of her bag on the floor. "Yah see! What's that? How dare you deny it!" MinHwa was smiling and looking all victorious, being all arrogant because her scheme to frame GaEul was working fine. GaEul immediately started to tear, "I..i really didn't do it, i dont know how the tapes ended in my bag." GaEul looked towards the crowd and spotted YiJung, she looked towards YiJung, hoping that he would stand up for her and believe that she never did such a thing, but YiJung was starting at her in doubt and it broke GaEul's heart. After all the time that he has spent with her, how could he not know that she wouldn't do such a thing in her life? She cried even more, feeling really helpless. MinHwa on the other hand was overjoyed to see GaEul breaking, "Yah! I'm gonna report this matter! Just wait and see, just because you're gaining some fame, what gives you the right to do this?!" GaEul tears were flowing out from her eyes, she didn't know how to explain to make everyone believe that she is innocent, she covered and ran out from the room.

 

YiJung watch GaEul leaving the room, her tears pained his heart a lot, he didn't know why he didn't believe GaEul. But the heartbroken look that GaEul gave him before she left the room was all too familiar to YiJung...

 

....

 

It was near evening when YiJung left the company to the nearby park to catch a breathe. He tried to work but he couldn't focus at all, the last look that GaEul gave him was haunting him, and he couldn't stop thinking of her tears. YiJung was walking towards the bridge when he saw WooBin sitting on the bridge, covering his face with his hands, looking very depressed. "Hyung.." YiJung was surprised to see WooBin looking so sad and he spotted some tears around his eyes. "I can't find JaeKyung at all, she offed her cellphone. I called GaEul, she couldn't find her either.." YiJung sighed, so much for today. WooBin took out a box from his pocket and opened it, YiJung saw a finely cut diamond ring inside the box. "I was going to ask JaeKyung to marry me. I really didn't expect all these to happen." He frowned, "Now i can't even find her, i really don't know where she is.." YiJung wanted to say something to console his brother but he accidentally spotted the Joseon dressed harabeoji standing near the bridge, looking at them.

 

"Harabeoji!" YiJung stood up. The old man bowed in front of WooBin, "My King, we meet again.." WooBin stood up and looked at the old man with confusion in his eyes, "Who are you?" He had a feeling that all the recent events that occurred ever since YiJung and him encountered this old man that night had something to do with him.

 

The old man stood still and smiled, the evening instantly changed into night and the moonlight shined on the old man. "My King, General..I'm the timekeeper of the moon. I've been faithfully serving you, my King since you reigned in the Joseon period thousand years ago." YiJung and WooBin was looking at the old man, not knowing what to say. "My King, the fates of both of you and your loved ones are not settled yet, my King." WooBin was confused, "Our fates? What do you mean by that?" "Your fates did not happen according to what was destined, unless you set it right, history will keep repeating itself and it's another thousand years before you have another chance to do so." YiJung was even more confused, "My King, General, please allow me to bring you back.." YiJung and WooBin felt the ground shaking a bit and the trees in the park was being blown so hard by a sudden strong wind, and before they realize, they were brought back to 1350....

 

....

 

to be continued..