{3rd summer}

Summers with Hae (I remember…)

 

{3rd summer}

 

I remember the day you brought me to the circus and had me laughed so much in my life. The Circus would have without you… I miss you already~

 

---

 

When my family and I arrived at my grandparents’ house I immediately grabbed my bike and head to Donghae’s house. I went through the back yard I saw him painting a few fence in white.

 

He saw me and his face lit up but he didn’t say anything he just gestured for me to come in. He also reminded me to be quiet by putting his finger on his lips.

 

“When did you arrive?”

 

“A while ago. I immediately went here. Is your Dad here?”

 

“Well yeah and I can’t go out yet without finishing painting the fences”

 

“I’ll help you”

 

“Really?”

 

“Yeah so we could hang out afterwards”

 

“Thanks. Follow me” He said and we went in the garage to park my bike beside his and to get an extra paint brush too.

 

I helped him paint their fence, our fingers were coated by white paint but we manage to not get anything in our clothes when we we’re done. It was past noon when we entered their house to clean up.

 

I’ve got to meet his Dad, Mr. Lee was nice but strict in a way that you wouldn’t want to disappoint him. Mr. Lee wasn’t an abusive parent or something; He’s just protective of Hae that makes me want to tear up because I know Hae is what all he got. Mr. Lee is a police man on their small town and Mrs. Lee died because of a brain cancer. Donghae didn’t talk about much of his mother because he doesn’t want to upset his dad with the memories of his mom. Even though it’s been years, the pain of losing someone you love will stay with you, I may not understand that but I can see from Mr. Lee that he hasn’t move on from the lash of fate to him.

 

Donghae asked if we could hang out after eating lunch and because I helped him with his chore his dad allowed us. Mr. Lee seemed to know me; maybe he knows my grandparents or my parents. I would have to ask my parents though.

 

---

 

“Where are we going again?” I asked Donghae. We rode our bikes through town to the park. The place was packed with people.

 

“The Circus” He said and pointed towards the huge red and white striped tent. I saw a Ferris wheel, Carousel, few booths with games and a whole lot more surrounding the huge tent.

 

“I didn’t know circuses still exists” I said when we bought our tickets and entered the place.

 

“Do they have a one eyed lady? Or a snake boy?” I asked him, I would love to see mutated people, or maybe find out if they are frauds.

 

“They are not Cirque Du freak you moron!” Donghae laughs, well He let me borrow his books by Darren Shan and I was a bit addicted to the series I keep on thinking when will I see weird acts like they have in the book.

 

“Then it’s boring if they don’t have Mr. Tiny or Vampires”

 

“They have clowns and bouncing monkeys”

 

“That’s silly”

 

“Stop whining, come on let’s ride the roller coaster!” He pushed his bike while running, heading to a long line of people who wants to ride the roller coaster. We parked our bikes beside a big tree and we had to chain their tires so it won’t get lost but Hae said it will not go anywhere even if it wasn’t tied, but I still insisted just to be sure. I wouldn’t want to walk or hitch hike just to get home.

 

I actually enjoyed the silly clowns and bouncing monkeys during the main event. Tomorrow it’s going to be taming lions and obedient elephants who can balance. To say the least I spent the summer with Donghae in the circus and the rides.

 

I also nagged my parents to come with us and the last night we went to see acrobats. I think my Grand ma almost had a heart attack seeing people being thrown up in the ceiling.