Undeniably.

Xiumin Drabbles.

 

Undeniably, there was an attraction between us. We both felt it. We knew it was there. But neither of us took a step forward, we were scared.
 
He was afraid of commitment and I, afraid of love. This didn't stop us though. We continued to smother each other in affection. We held hands, hugged more often than necessary, and there were times we'd steal a few pecks from each other.
 
They all knew. Everyone around them knew, hell if it was possible, the president might've known.
 
They've talked about it once or twice, but they knew that there was always a fear in both of them. His fear of commitment and her fear of love.
 
She loved him though. No matter how big her fear was, she couldn't deny that fact. There were times when they would be caught up in each others embrace after watching a movie and she would absentmindedly mutter those three words.
 
He always said it back though. He loved her just as much. They grew up together--who wouldn't fall in love? As cliche as it sounded, it was bound to happen.
 
Why? Why were they afraid to take such risks?
 
Break-ups and heartache does that to you. Both having their fair share in loves lost or lost loves--but having each other was enough. Their reason was utterly stupid to everyone, even to themselves, but it made sense to them.
 
"Seokkie?" She mumbled as they cuddled up on his bed, watching the end credits of yet another movie.
 
"Hmm?" His reply, as he ran his hands through her hair.
 
"How long will this last?" She sat up, sitting cross-legged as she reached for his hand and interlaced it with hers, their fingers mindlessly playing with one another.
 
He gathered up so his back rested against his headboard. It was quiet for a moment. Two minutes passed and he finally spoke, pulling her into his embrace, "I'll be here as long as you me here, Hana."
 
"I know but--" She bit her lips and inhaled a deep breath, letting her thought trail off into the dark of his room. She was afraid of love, but she was afraid of losing him much more.
 
She cradled into him, his arms gently wrapping around her until she sat on his lap, her head resting between his shoulder and neck.
 
Her arms instinctively wrapped around his neck, hugging him tighter. There was no doubt in her mind that she wanted him more than he wanted her--more or less, she wasn't quite sure.
 
"Look, Hana." He paused, briefly pulling away to catch his eyes on hers, locking them in place, "We've been through this...and I know..I know I'm being unfair and completely idiotic, but--"
 
"But what, Min...? You can't deny the fact that you love me the way I love you--"
 
"I know I can't. I never do, because I do love you, but I know that I'm not perfect and I know I'm capable of hurting you. I don't want to be out into a position where I have the ability to take your heart and crush it. You're beautiful, smart, athletic; any guy would be lucky to claim you as his--"
 
"Then why don't you--"
 
"Because I know I will hurt you. I've done it before and I made a promise to god that I'd never do it again. I value you too much. I value out friendship much more. I don't want to be the one to break you, Hana. Do you understand?"
 
She pulled him close again, biting back the tears as she swallowed and silently nodded.
 
He stared up at the ceiling as he felt her stiffen. Please don't cry. He held her tighter and began humming her favorite song. He felt her relax and could only repress his feelings even more.
 
"I should go." She whispered, finally pulling away. He nodded and grabbed her jacket along with his as they made way to the front door.
 
A short car ride later, they stood in front of her small apartment. He swung their hands playfully, leaning in to leave a kiss on her forehead. She warmed at the small act and let out a small laugh.
 
"Go now, it's getting late and we have class tomorrow."
 
"I don't to!" He whined, pulling her into his arms, snuggling against her. She laughed a bit louder, hitting his back lightly before returning the hug and swinging from side to side.
 
"Oppaa~" She smirked, knowing she hit a weak spot as he slumped into her arms.
 
"You little ."
 
"Love you too." She cooed, kissing his cheek before waving him goodbye.
She went to bed in tears. The ones full of happiness, sadness, and everything in between.
 
The morning sun shined through his blinds, his eyes crinkling and peeking open to glance at his clock. A few blocks away, she was smiling brightly, walking towards his house. She waved at school mates and made small talk until she reached his house.
 
He lay wide awake in bed, too lazy to move. Any minute now she would arrive and he waited until he heard his doorbell ring--speaking of doorbell, he ducked back into his covers and feigned sleep. His bedroom door opened and he snored, trying to hide his smile.
 
"Seokkie~ time for class!" She shook him lightly, even patting his once or twice.
 
"Yah! We only have one class today!" She yelled, throwing a pillow at him. He moved under the covers slightly and she held her breath, but soon, she heard him snoring again and swung another pillow at him.
 
"Get up, you little !" She huffed, and braced herself, taking a few steps to get a running start.
 
"You asked for it, Min! I warned you!"
 
"One...twoooooo--three!" She dashed towards his figure lying in bed and before she could land, he opened his covers, arms wide open, smiling evilly.
 
"Whaa--noooo--" Too late to react, he had her in his arms, legs tangled and what not.
 
"Let's skip today, mm?"
 
"Minseok, we can't.."
 
"Why not?" He mumbled, sleep still evident in his voice.
 
"Because it's the only class we have today. Come on, don't be lazy."
 
"I don't want." Stubbornly, he clung to her tighter and pleaded softly against her ear, tickling her skin lightly until she finally agreed and climbed out of his bed to grab a pair of sweaats and t-shirt from his wardrobe. She'd rather be comfortable than stuck in a pair of jeans all day.
 
She undressed in front of him, something that was natural for them and called him over after many fail attempts of trying to the back of her blouse.
 
Lazily, he sat at the edge of his bed and tugged her hand to him, turning her around and slowly ping her blouse, leaving a kiss on the small of her back as he the last of her blouse. She held her breath and whispered her words or thanks and quickly put on his shirt and decided against the sweats, seeing as his shirt lay halfway down her thigh.
 
She turned and tackled him back into bed, snuggling against his touch as if she was afraid he'd disappear. He smiled and ran his hand through her hair, tracing patterns on her thigh with his free hand. It was a simple friendly act. Something they became used to. 
 
They were hurting each other unintentionally. But at the same time they were the source of each others happiness. Neither wanted it to end, but they knew that it wouldn't be long until someone came in and ruined what they spent their lifetimes building.
 
A few months passed, and they grew closer than ever. She spent most of her days at his house or he at hers. His doubts about commitment were slowly fading and soon, he would crack and confess, make her his--officially. He was ready to take the risk, because he knew he would risk his life for hers.
 
But on the day they both had spent so long waiting for, it was as if the gods were not in his favor. She came over with a smile all to wide and emotions on her sleeve.
 
"Seokie!!! You can not believed who I ran in today!"
 
"Oh really? And who might that be, princess?" He nudged, pulling her onto his lap as she animatedly looked forward in a daydream.
 
"Luhan! Do you remember him? He was my first--"
 
"Love. Yeah. I remember." It came out a bit more bitter than he intended it too, but he wasn't going to hide his displeasure.
 
"Why the tone?"
 
"Why not the tone? Hana, he hurt you."
 
"I know, but I never said anything about seeing him again. Why are you acting like this?"
 
"I don't like him."
 
"Jealous much?" She smirked, encircling, her arms around his neck, pulling him closer.
 
"Yeah. I am."
 
"Awww, my wittle--wait what."
 
"You heard me." She blinked at him for a while processing what had just been said, until a sad look crossed her eyes. It was brief, but he didn't miss it. How could he?
 
"Hana, I love you. I love you and I want to be with you and I'm going to say this once and only once so listen closely. Understand." She nodded slowly, waiting for him to speak.
 
"Before I lose you again. Before someone comes and takes you away from me. Before anything can tear us apart; Hana, will you be mine? Officially." Pulling her off his lap he crouched besides her on bended knee, pulling out a small box. He opened it too slowly for her liking, revealing a simple yet gorgeous ring, a diamond implanted in the middle.
 
"Hana Lee, before I do something stupid and let the most amazing person walk out of my life and into the arms of a stranger, I want to commit my life to you. To build a family with you. To create our own happily ever after and ever more. Will you, Hana Lee, marry me?" Tears had already made its way down her cheeks. He became blurry as her vision welded with tears. She opened to speak, but her breath was caught in .
 
They say when you find the person you're meant to spend your life with, they will take your breath away and in that moment, he had taken hers.

A/N: Another Drabble of some sort based on a drama I was watching lol although I made a happy ending for once--lol I've been getting some messages to stop killing my characters OTL IM SORRY IM NOT REALLY SORRY XP I kinda just blanked out so it's a bit rusty in some spots but that's why this is a Drabble! Enjoy~