Silence.

Xiumin Drabbles.

 

“No matter how much I feel, I’m not going to let it out. If I have to cry, I’m gonna cry on the inside. If I have to bleed, I’ll bruise. If my heart starts going crazy, I’m not gonna tell everyone in the world about it. It doesn’t help anything. It just makes everyone’s life worse.”

Drip, drop, drip, drop; I’ve been waiting all day for this rain to stop.

Tick, tock, tick, tock; the only sound heard from the grandfather clock.

One, two, three, four; steps I take towards the door.

Five, six, seven, eight; I should hurry before I’m late. 

Each day was a continuous pattern. It was as if you were the plague and if anyone tried to get close, they would catch it. Everyone who tried to get too close ended up moving away. Every time you took a step forward, nature threw you ten steps back.

I’m not..I’m not a murderer.” You thought to yourself as sticks and stones were pelted your way. Number 4 is what they called you. You can’t even recall the last time someone actually called your real name.

To everyone, you were the girl with four powers. Most only held one or two, but for some reason, you were born with four. They called you ‘four’ or ‘shi’ which stood for death after an accident along the Han. You were found at the scene of a murder crime, but everyone blamed you.

Imbeciles.

You were at the peak of mastering your elements when you heard a woman scream. You ran towards her direction, but before you could stop anything, a ball of fire shot towards her and swiftly made its way passed your cheek. You were only left with a scar in the shape of an X.

Snapping back to reality, you speed-walked to your locker and grabbed all things necessary; a pair of tennis shoes and a hair tie.

You chucked your backpack into the small compartment and shut it with a loud bang, scaring the wandering eyes around you. In turn, students shuffled away while murmuring cuss words under their breath. If it was allowed, you’d probably kill them all by now, but you kept to yourself. No matter how much everything hurt and angered you to the point of tears, you kept quiet.

No one has ever heard you speak. Aside from being number four outside and amongst the hallways of this school, on the field you were known as the silencer. You were able to take out any opponent without making the slightest bit of sound. On the field, you changed; that’s when people became afraid of you.

-3rd person pov-

Making her way down the almost empty hallway, she stepped slowly inside the locker room. Girls eyed her carefully with every step she took. She kept her head low and her hair blocked anyone’s view from seeing the cold look in her eyes. She had to control her anger or else the school would be down in ashes.

In the speed of light, she was in and out of the locker room, her hair tied tightly in a high ponytail and eyes that could kill. She stood on her number, ironically being four, and waited for today’s lesson to begin.

After a couple of minutes, a young male stood before everyone and like a robot, she, as well as the rest of the students, bowed down respectively until hearing his laugh.

“Alright, alright, that’s enough. Let’s get on with today’s lesson. But first, we have a new student today—GET IN HERE FROSTY!”

The temperature suddenly dropped and students began shivering and staring around for the new face. She stood there completely unfazed with the temperature and continued to face forward. One, two, one, two; she heard his incoming footsteps and smirked in satisfaction.

“Finally, another frost.”

Ice formed on the ground with every step he took. His fists clenched and unclenched to his sides like adrenaline was running through him. Finally, he stood before everyone and she locked eyes with him. His face remained unchanged—cold. He had expected her to turn away from his gaze, but to his surprise, she glared at him with the same intensity.

“Why don’t you introduce yourself, boy.” Without taking his eyes off you, he spoke lowly, but enough for everyone to hear,

“Xiumin. Frost…level 17.” Gasps could be heard and the gossiping began. He smirked at her and it pleased him to see that she did not back down from their mini showdown.

“Well, well, well. mute, it looks like you finally got competition.” The coach chuckled as he crossed his arms. She tilted her head slightly, eyeing the boy in front of her and let out an inaudible sigh. The coach shrugged and proceeded with lessons.

“Alright, grab a partner and do your stretches. Since I don’t feel like doing , you guys can spar your partners for the remaining time period. NOW MOVE IT!” People scurried left and right trying to find a partner. She remained in her spot, still staring him down. Girls approached him, but he declined their offer, keeping his eyes locked on her.

Everyone felt the tension in the air and slowly backed away from the two. There was a visible ring around them now and finally he spoke, “Partner?”

With that, ice shot from his palms and into her direction. Swiftly, she did the splits, dodging the attack and gracefully standing up again. She spun slowly and nodded in his direction. Every pair of eyes were on the two and more steps were taken backwards. In the distance you could faintly hear the coach yell for you to only use one ability. You scoffed and took steps forwards towards the fresh new meat. He raised a curious brow at you before shooting himself from the ground and into the air. He stood on a ten foot tall block of ice and yawned, pretending to wipe his nails.

The temperature had fallen below zero and students huddled near the tall boy named Chanyeol. Being a pyro had finally done him some good as he wrapped his arms seductively around the girls near him.

“Well hellooo ladies, come to Chan-Chan~”

She ignored the giraffe and planned her attack in her mind. One, two, three; blocks of ice surrounded the two, blocking off everyone’s eyes from seeing the two have a showdown. Xiumin blinked in surprise before clapping his hands loudly, “Ah~ another frost. Nice to meet you—WOAH”

His eyes widened as he ducked two icicles aiming for him. He dusted himself and stood up before eyeing you carefully. “Straight to the point—I like.”

If any normal human were to pass by, they would not have been able to guess that there was anybody inside the ice mound. They both moved with agility that few have mastered, making them barely visible to the human eye.

She smirked as he shot beams of ice her way, but with her flexibility and speed, it was almost impossible to hit her. She took this time to study his features, the way his eyes darkened and his frost took over had made her insides curl, but she would never admit it. The way his eyebrows furrowed with determination was praise worthy for she had never met anyone so dedicated to what they are born with. It was as if he took each shot at her with great care, making sure not enough energy was shot out to drain him.

She became frustrated as he dodged her attacks just as swiftly as she dodged his. She was close to bringing out her other elements, but decided against it and perched herself a ten foot tall block-of- ice. He did the same, staring straight at her, chest heaving up and down. They breathed in unison and the bell had rung. Had it been that long since they started? She slouched in disappointment, her fighting stance fading.

He raised a brow in amusement and laughed at her sudden gesture. Quickly and quietly, he leaped to the block right in front of her and lightly pelted a small snowball at her. She blinked up in surprised, staring at him with eyes as big as the moon,

“I win!” He gave her his award winning eye smile and stuck his hand out. She resisted the urge to reach out and pinch his cheeks, so she slipped her hands into his and he yanked her up.

“You were really great out there, Hana.” She could feel the honesty behind his words, but was taken aback when she heard her name come out of his mouth.

How long has it been since she heard her name, she did not even know. Her eyes became distant and she took a step back, slipping in the process. If it weren’t for his quick move to lurch forward, surely she would have fallen—or so he thought. He caught her by the waist and they both froze on the spot. It seemed like time had stop for them, but they couldn’t be completely sure.

After a few minutes, the trance was broken by a large booming voice outside their ice dome. He quickly straightened himself, rubbing the back  of his head as she blinked awkwardly.

“The bell rang you hooligans! Time is up!” He blew his whistle but had gotten no reply.

“Oh god…oh god. Number 4 you didn’t kill the new student did you?! That’s it, you come out right this instance and—“ For once, Hana gave Xiumin a short genuwine smile before melting down the ice. A ring of fire was left between the two and Xiumin crossed his arms interested and fascinated with the girl before him.

“Frost and Pyro? Nice. Very nice.” He walked passed her and whispered something brief into her ear before walking passed a very stunned coach.

“H-How..WHY ARE NONE OF YOU INJURED?! NUMBER 4! Why did you hold back on him?! You guys .” The once manly coach had turned incredibly childish and Hana bit the inside of her cheeks to prevent her from laughing. She stared blankly at the coach, and feeling her stare, he quickly straightened himself up and dusted the imaginary dirt off his shorts.

“Go get changed and get to the rest of your classes missy.”  She saluted him nonchalantly before replaying what Xiumin had whispered earlier,

I’ll see you at lunch, Hana.”

You walked to her next class feeling more energetic than usual and sat quietly in the first row in the far left corner.

He said my name, I can’t believe it.

Your hair was back to its original state, covering most of your face so no one would notice the smile you tried really hard from spreading any wider. As if you had the plague, students sat in their respective seats, whereas any seat within a two-foot radius of you remained empty. The lecture had begun and you blankly stared at the professor as she taught. She never bothered calling on you since she too became afraid of you, that and the fact that with every question she did shoot your way, you managed to plan out an escape and map out an escape route for the “pretend” battle field she had set up.

Twenty minutes had passed and you grew incredibly bored. Absentmindedly, you began sketching snowflakes and flames around the border of your notebook. You became unaware of the change in temperature and continued to draw until your pen stopped working. You shook it lightly, tapping it against your desk and when nothing happened, you brought it close to your face and examined it carefully.

That’s odd, I didn’t use my ability—Xiumin.

As if on cue, he marched through the classroom door breathing heavily as he slouched against an empty desk.

“I got lost.” He panted towards the professor. She nodded and being the perfectionist she was, skipped introductions and forced him to take a seat. Quickly, he scanned the classroom and noticed the empty chairs around you. He tilted his head curiously before snapping his fingers in realization.

“Hana-ssi, mind if I sit here?” The students gasped in surprise, even the professor looked taken aback. You finally lifted your head and turned to meet his gaze. Still, a blank expression remained and you turned back to your notebook. You used the heat in your body and melted the ink in your pen and continued doodling. He took it as a yes and put his backpack down to the seat beside you. After gaining her composure, the professor cleared and gave Xiumin a look to stop using his abilities.

“I’m sorry seongsaenim, it’s a habit and sometimes happens on its own.” He gave her an innocent look and she turned to you, “Do you mind warming up the classroom? I’ll allow it this once.”

You looked up and turned back staring at the shuddering students and the foggy breath that came out of your professors mouth as she spoke. I should let them freeze to death instead. You thought. But being the bigger person, you closed your eyes and the room slowly started warming eventually returning back to normal.  You opened your eyes to find a pleased professor and a smirking Xiumin. She went back to her lesson and you went back to doodling.

You were finishing the final snowflake when a piece of paper flew onto your desk. You lifted it in your palms and read it carefully, “Don’t make it too hot and fry us all to death, 4.”

Your eyes rolled and you levitated the piece of paper in your hands. You turned slightly to the baby faced boy a few desks away from you and made eye contact with him as the note in your hands ignited into flames. You blew the ashes in his direction and they turned into sharp icicles aiming for his throat. Before it could kill him, you melted them and water hit him. He glared at you but made no moves to hurt you. You would have to be a fool to cross paths with you.

You smirked darkly and turned back around getting shocked at the new student besides you. He had a smile on his face as he watched the interaction between you and the boy named Luhan,”

“Frost, Pyro, and Floater? You’re just amazing me every time we meet, Hana-ssi.” You blinked at him and turned away, you could feel your insides heat up although you kept a cold front.

Lunch came around and you found your usual silence filled with a curious frost. He asked you questions non-stop, but you would only keep walking until you reached the lunchroom. The moment you walked in, it became quiet. The laughter of other students stopped and a small path seemed to have formed for you. In the blink of an eye, you grabbed your food and walked back out, releasing a silent sigh.

I hate this damn school.

You walked to the giant balcony at the abandoned hallway and sat at a bench that stood near the edge. You had forgot about Xiumin for a brief moment and was startled when you found him standing in front of you. He smiled and sat beside you, taking out his homemade meal and started eating. You were too shocked that you hadn’t touch your food. He finished his immediately and let out a loud burp, laughing in your direction. You turned back to your food, feeling full after watching him. He took your hand and brought the sandwich you held to his lips and took a bite.

This kid has guts.

“If you’re not going to eat that, can I have it?” You looked at your sandwich and back to him and back to your sandwich and back to him. Without much thought, you shoved the sandwich in his mouth and turned to let out a silent laugh. His eyes widened as the sandwich slip off his face and into his palm.

“Did you just…” You turned towards him and nodded, hiding your smile with the back of your hand. He softened for a spilt second before turning his surprise stare into a mischievous smile.

“I’ll give you three seconds to run. 3.” You abruptly stood up and leaped over the edge of the railing and landed on the balls of your feet. You looked up at him and winked before sprinting off to the track. He was close behind and you could feel it, it counted the amount of steps between you both and swiftly turned around and hurled a snowball at him.

He stopped in his tracks and the snow slowly slid from his face and you couldn’t help but let out a laugh as the snow stuck onto his eyebrows and upperlip.

Your laughter was like a melody to his ears and after that day, you had found yourself your first friend.

Thank you Xiumin.

Days turned into weeks and weeks turned into months. Xiumin had become the friend you never had and the best sparring partner too. It was a gloomy day, and the two of you sat under a shady tree. Still, Xiumin had not heard a word from you other than the times you would slip up and laugh. He would become frustrated at times, but you thanked him for never pressing you on.

You gazed up at the sky and clouds were brewing in, yet you two remained in the same position. Xiumin stretched his arms our and lay his head on your lap. Unconsciously, you played with his hair, while studying his face. He stared back at you, but you didn’t notice as your eyes landed on his lips. It seemed as if gravity was pulling you towards them and you fought every inch of your body to pull away. You felt his hand on the back of your neck and looked into his eyes.

The next thing you knew, his icy lips pressed against yours and time had stopped. You became unaware of your surroundings and kissed back; he pulled away with a smile and pecked your lips once more before whispering, “Now.”

As swift as a lightning flash, the ground below you began to shake and the skied faded to gray. A leaf had stopped mid-air and became between you and Xiumin. He stood up and walked into the distant where eleven figures became noticeable. You squinted your eyes to get a better look, but it was as if something was clouding your mind. You tried getting Xiumin’s attention, but no matter what you did, he didn’t stop and kept walking to the eleven mysterious figures.

You closed your eyes and inhaled a deep breath to listen for his voice.

“Are you sure it’s her, Minseok?”

“Positive.”

“Then we have no other choice.” Xiumin’s cold glare faltered for a brief second before nodding at his leader. He turned to face you, but he could feel the regret that was hitting him.

“Hana…mianhae.” He whispered just enough for you to hear before barging towards you. Your eyes widened as you ducked and dodged his incoming attacks.

You became frantic and confused at his actions and tried to wave your arms to snap him out of his trance. He pushed the memories you two created to the back of his mind and sped forward, shooting icicles at you once more. You had barely dodged it, and seeing how close it was, you immediately threw out any thought of him and began attacking.

Anger beamed through you as you inched forward. He took a step back, seeing the black in your eyes and gulped. Before you could attack, the ground below you shook and a crack was formed between the eleven—now twelve strangers and you stood in your stance as each of them came forward. You recognized Luhan and Chanyeol, but the rest remained as shadows in your mind. 

“You killed our mama, and now you’re going to have to pay,” growled the tallest member. Your eyebrows furrowed and you felt a pain in your chest.

You looked straight at Xiumin, but he avoided your gaze. Your eyes scanned each face and you could feel the amount of hate they had for you.

I’m not a murderer…It wasn’t me.

At the farthest right, the boy with water in his palms looked at you with a raised brow. He had read your mind, but he was filled with more anger and shook off the thought he had just read. One by one, attacks flew at you, and all you could do was dodge what you could. You didn’t bother trying to fight back, seeing as they wouldn’t stop. Even you were smart enough to know that 12 against 1 was the end of you. You could sense their passion and hatred with every shot they threw at you, and it made your heart beat skip.

 

Maybe it’s best togive them what they want…my only reason for living turned his back on me. Hah..and to think I actually felt human for once.

You gazed at the boy whom you fell in love with and locked eyes with him. A tear slid down your cheek as you mouthed the words ‘goodbye´ to him. He stopped shooting and eyes widened as you lurched forwards at the incoming lightning. Your body shook as you came in contact and dropped to the ground. Your eyes locked with his once more as a tear escaped your cheek. With as much energy you could muster,you softly spoke, “I’m..sor..ry…”

The boys stopped as they stared at your lifeless body. The clouds had vanished, but the sky remained dark. One boy stepped towards you, water ready in his hands just in case. He crouched down to your level and could hear a very faint heartbeat. He raised his fist to finish you off until a bright light casted around you, blinding him and the others.

Before you stood an angel, wings protectively shielding you. The twelve boys gasped and kneeled on one knee, bowing respectively.

“Mama…”

“You shall not harm this girl, for she is the reason I am able to fly with wings.”

“But Mama, she killed you! She’s the reason you cannot step a foot on Planet—“

“Silence, Baekhyun.”

“She is nothing but a wandering soldier. She tried to save me, the day I was attacked. But because of the timing, the scar marked on her cheek saved me from the depths of hell. She was caught because she was the only one left at the scene. She did nothing but try to save a poor defenseless old woman. You will not harm my savior.”

Eleven boys stood with their jaws drop, but one boy came forward and knelt beside you. He took your hand in his and brought it to his cheek and held it there.

“Hana…please forgive me.” A tear slid from his eyes and onto your cheek. At that moment, the tear seeped into your skin and light surrounded you once more. This time, it radiated from you. The scar on your cheek slowly disappeared as Xiumin cried against your palm muttering his sorry over and over. One by one, tears slipped from the rest of the boys and flowed to your body. The angel smiled before disappearing, watching the boys as she descended up.

 Their heart ached seeing their brother in pain. They knew how he felt towards her by the way his heartbeat whenever they spoke about her. He knew he was going to regret this mission, but still took it on.

“Hana…I’m sorry. Please..please wake up…I..I love you..” He kissed your palm and caressed your cheek. Your heartbeat was slowly disappearing and he clung onto your hand tighter as it faded.

“Don’t go..jebal..please don’t go…” One last tear hit her cheek and her eyes began to flutter open. Weakly, she placed her hand on his cheek and lightly spoke, “Xiumin…nado..saranghae…”

She smiled, meeting his eyes and lifted her head up to place a kiss on his lips. Tears blurred his vision as he tightly wrapped his arms around her. She laughed more lively and freely this time before pulling away.

She held tightly onto his hands before taking a few steps back. She raised her head up to the sky and a pair of wings came out of her back. She smiled at him and walked forward, taking his hands in yours.

“Thank you for freeing me. Thank you for saving me. You didn’t know, and I forgive you. I love you, Xiumin.”

And the curse that lingered upon her was finally broken by true love and true love’s first kiss.


 

A/N: LOL, sorry if it's confusing and there isn't a lot of detail, but these are just drabbles~ I don't bother editing them because I get really lazy so bare with me^^ I hope you enjoyed it! 

.blanknova;