Betrayed.

Xiumin Drabbles.

 

You woke up with silence surrounding you, eyes diverting to the blank white ceiling above you. Your eyes shut once more before heaving yourself out of bed. Your body swayed left then right, flashes of the night before dawning on you. Broken glass made its way into the balls of your feet and you let out a small gasp, crouching down and lifting the disarrayed picture frame. Tinges of guilt washed over you, faulting the smile that had formed on your face.  Was this really the best decision?

Although broken, you placed what was left of the frame on the desk besides your bed and wiped away any dust that surrounded it. How long has it been since you got out of bed?—two, maybe three days? Gradually, you made your way into the bathroom, staring at your reflection. Strands of hair stuck in every direction possible, tear stained cheeks and trails of old make-up smeared across your cheeks. You let out a dry laugh, tasting the rancid aftermath of alcohol on your tongue.

The sound of vibrations brought you out of your trance, but you ignored it and stripped away your clothes, stepping into the shower, not bothering to adjust the temperature. You felt numb all over; even the blood seeping into the drain didn’t faze you. After an hour of standing under the water, you stepped out and grabbed your phone, taking out the battery and flinging its contents into the trash bin.

“Just for today, let me forget that there ever was an ‘us’.”

You got dressed and walked outside into the chilly air. Your damp hair dripped with every step you took, but it didn’t bother you—nor did the looks from the passerby’s.  The smell of autumn swept across your nose and led you to a small café where you found yourself grabbing a magazine and sipping a warm cup of hot cocoa. Your eyes landed on an article and reading it made your heart clench.

XIUMIN OF EXO ENGAGED TO UPCOMING ACTRESS, SONG JI HYO” You clenched the page in your fist and angrily ripped the page out. You crumpled it and tore it to pieces, letting out an exasperated sigh, “So much for forgetting about him.”

You grumbled and left a hefty tip for the waiter running your hands through your hair as you called for a cab. Fifteen minutes later, you found yourself in front of the SM building, staring at the entrance. It was too early for fans to arrive so that left you completely alone with nothing but the sound of car engines zooming past you in the background.

You took in the building one last time before turning around and contemplating on where to go next on your day of adventure. Before you could stalk off anywhere, you bumped into a tall figure and blinked up in surprise.

“Ow..Oh, I’m sorr—Kris?”

“It’s no prob—Hana…?”

“Hey, it’s been a while.” You genuinely smiled and punched his shoulder. He feigned hurt before chuckling in response, “Yeah it has, hasn’t it? How you been?” A glint in his eyes told you he was really asking about the ordeal with you and Minseok, but you just smiled and assured him that you were okay, or that you would be.

He gave you an apologetic smile before shivering and ushered you inside the building, “No—Kris, wait I—“

“It’s cold outside, woman. We should catch up or something.” You gave him a look of uncertainty and he was quick to catch on, “Don’t worry about him, he won’t be in today.”

After much thought and begging from the older male, you agreed and he led you into the sky room. He dropped his bags and began stretching while engaging in small talk with you.

You would laugh whenever he said something funny and pout when he insulted you playfully. Truly, you had missed hanging out with him, but ever since things with you and Minseok ended, you had stopped talking to all the boys completely.

A childish song came on his iPod and Kris made his way towards you, plucking you up from the floor and dancing crazily with you. At first you felt uncomfortable and tried to whack him to get out of his grip, but you eventually gave in and danced along with him. \

When the song ended, you two lay in the middle of the dance room and breathed heavily as Into Your World played in the background. Memories came flooding back, but you refused to let them cloud your every thought. Instead, you found yourself talking to Kris, “It’s getting harder, Kris..”

“ I’m proud that you were able to continue life so strong knowing that inside you is falling apart.”

“Love is love. It makes you do stupid things.”

“You did nothing wrong but love him to your heart’s content. It’s not your fault how things ended this way.”

“Would it be any different if I told him about it? Do you think that maybe..maybe…nevermind…”

“He’s an idiot for believing and not fighting to keep you and you’re an idiot for lying to him.”

“I just want to forget. Forget that we ever existed, Kris. Is that too hard to ask for?”

“Do you want me to hit you with a bat or something? Maybe you’ll forget your memory.” He playfully chided. You chuckled and turned to flick his forehead, but he caught your hand and interlaced his fingers before you could.

“Slowpoke.” He teased. You felt weight lift off your chest as you began spilling out your emotions to Kris. He would listen and throw in a couple jokes here and there to lighten the mood, and that much, you were grateful for.

A couple hours had passed and you both lay in opposite directions with your heads near each other. He turned and smiled at you before wiping a tear that unknowingly slid down your cheek.

“Don’t cry, Hana. Please don’t cry.” He leaned in and kissed the remaining tears away before the door opened. Kris sat up and turned to find a confused Minseok and Ji Hyo standing there.

“What is she doing here, Kris?”

“What? Is she not allowed here anymore?” You hesitantly tugged on Kris’ shirt and whispered for him to stop before anything could happen.

Reluctantly, he stood up and pulled you up with him, grabbing his stuff and yours before brushing passed an angry Minseok.

Minseok grabbed your arm before you could take a step out the door and glared at you with eyes full of hate, “Don’t ever show your face around here ever again.”

Kris stepped back and pushed Minseok away from you, protectively keeping you behind him.

“She can come and go whenever she pleases, Baozi.”

“Who the is she to you?”

“My girlfriend.”

Your eyes widened as you gazed at the male in front of you. He glanced back sending a playful wink and smirk before wrapping his arm around your shoulders and bringing you closer.

“Huh, I knew you always were a .”

“What did you—“

“Kris.” You held his arm and calmed him briefly before turning to Minseok and his ‘fiancé.’

“I wish the both of you happiness and luck on your marriage. Congratulations and I hope you a long everlasting relationship. Love is love, so love him no matter what, Ji Hyo-ssi.”

There was no hint of anger or sadness in your voice, but pure honesty. You mustered the best smile you could at the couple and linked your arm through Kris’ before hastily walking out.

Upon arriving at the back of the building, you turned to Kris and cried into his chest. All he could do was comfort you the best way he knew how, and kept you in his embrace for as long as you needed.

Back in the sky room, Minseok stood still, shocked at your reply. His face flashed confusion and for a split second, his heart hurt. He looked at Ji Hyo and she nodded at him before he went rushing out to find you.

He looked everywhere for you and wasn’t happy when he found you crying in another man’s arms. He stood back briefly, leaning against a wall, ease dropping on your conversation.

“Kris..it hurts so much. Help, please. Make it stop…” Minseok’s heart clenched and he stepped forward to you but stopped himself upon hearing the next few words, “..Kris..I’m not ready to die.”

“What do you mean you’re not ready to die?!” Minseok busted out of his hiding spot and stood before you two, grabbing your wrist tightly.

“Y-You’re hurting me MInse—“

“What the do you mean you’re not ready to die?!” He shouted louder. He grasp around your wrist made you flinch and Kris stepped in pulling him away.

“Don’t get involved, Kris. This is none of your business.” Kris could only scoff in return.

“None of my business? Seriously? No, ‘hyung’ this is MY business. Where were you when she was falling ill and couldn’t get out of bed? Where were you when she spent a week in the hospital getting treatments? Where the were you when she collapsed?! No where. You were never there for her the way she was there for you. She skipped treatments just to ing support you in concert where you never acknowledged her and left off to celebrate with your precious noonas. Don’t ing tell me not to get involved when I was the only one who accompanied her and took care of her. You’re a poor excuse of a boyfriend and I wish Ji Hyo-ssi the best of luck with you.”

Minseok was left speechless as you coward behind Kris. You tugged his shirt and pulled him back, knocking him into reality.

“My car is parked in the A lot, can you wait for me there?” You nodded as he handed you the keys and you bravely took one last glance at Minseok before rushing to Kris’ car.

You hands trembled as tears fell down your face. Your vision became blurry and you ended up crouched in front of Kris’ car.

In the back, Kris had sat down on an empty bin and Minseok sat across from him. Calmly this time, Kris explained everything from your sickness down to the reason why she ‘betrayed’ him.

Minseok stood up and punched Kris across the face after admitting the she had asked Kris to kiss her when Minseok walked in. It was a wonder why their relationship was always a rocky one. Minseok thanked Kris wholeheartedly and rushed to find you. When he found you crouched against Kris’ car, he could finally see the different tone in your skin that almost seemed translucent, the dark circles under your eyes, and the large amount of weight you had lost.

When a pair of sneakers was in front of you, you looked up, but was surprised to see Minseok.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” He whispered, just enough for her to hear.”

“There were things I wanted to tell him, but I knew they would hurt him so I buried them…and let them hurt me.”

 

A month later, Minseok stood before the cold stone and placed a bouquet of fresh yellow lilies on top. His fingers traced the words across the gravel as he said it softly to himself, “I’ll take away all your pain, even if it means I’ll suffer. Love is love and it makes you do things you would never imagine.”


 

A/N: Something short and quick^^ 

.blanknova;