Maknaenism

Shinee's Stories of Love---One-Shot Collection

Chapter 5: Maknaenism
 
-Rinhyo's POV-
 
I found Rinrin walking like a zombie on the corridor; I called her and asked where she was going, but she only told me she was looking for a 'he' that had been absent for a week, and then I suggested that maybe 'he' was sick and stayed at home, then she ran away, maybe she really was worried about that 'he'.
 
Haiest~ My dongsaeng, she even got herself a boyfriend, the last time I remember only Hyegun-eonnie was dating, but now Yoongmun was dating her Minho, Soochan-eonnie met her Key, and now, Rinrin has a 'he' she was most worried about, and I was the only one left without love life. I pouted.
 
I stood in the corridor for a minute thinking of how unlucky I am, not to have an admirer, at least one that would like me, appreciate me for being me.
 
"My banana milk!" a shrilly voice shouted behind me, I looked back and a rather slim cute boy was running to my direction and without any warning he bumped on me, I almost lost my balance and fell on the floor but good thing I have fast reflexes that I supported myself by moving a leg behind and didn't fall, but what bothered me was the slim boy was the one who was lying flat on the floor.
 
Beside him was a container of banana milk that spilled on the floor.
 
He stood up as immediately as he could and stared at the empty bottle and the spilled liquid.
 
I watched him as he suddenly sniffed and glared down at me, he was incredibly tall.
 
"YOU!" he snarled to my face which shocked me a lot. "Why didn't you got out of my way? Now my milk is all over the floor! You have to pay for that! You have to!" He was on the verge of crying while yelling at me, surprisingly, instead of yelling back and countering like I would always do, I just stood there staring at his vulnerable features.
 
"Yah, answer me, bring me back my banana milk!" He shouted once again at my face.
 
I shook my head when I heard him actually "yah"-ed me. It was unforgivable even for a person as fine featured as he is so I glared back at him.
 
"Don't 'yah' me mister, I have a name and I won't give to you." I snarled back at him but unable to look straight to his face.
 
"I don't care! GIVE ME BACK MY BANANA MILK!"
 
"FINE!"
 
~~~~~~~~~~
 
To make the story shorter, I gave up and just gave him what he wanted, the stupid disgusting taste fluid, the banana milk. As much as I hated to admit it but I can't put up a much longer argument with someone as refined and beautiful than an ordinary girl, I will only look defensive and defenseless at the same time.
 
He was now smiling like crazy while slurping on the thin straw of his banana milk.
 
"Happy?" I asked while we were seated on one of the tables in the cafeteria, he didn't turn to me but he nodded just as lightly that when you're not paying attention to his face you wouldn't notice.
 
He finally looked up at me and smiled sarcastically.
 
"Good then, I'll have to be going before you start crying when you're done with that one." I said as I stood from the stall and took my bag with me.
 
"Wait, this one is not enough, you should buy one more, the one you bought was not as yummy as the one I had, two will do it." He said showing the now empty container to me, I was very sure that my face twitched into a weird expression but I can't help it, he was so not ordinary.
 
"That's not fair, you are the one who bumped at me, you should have been cautious about your surrounding you should have been the one to avoid me when you saw me at the corridor and you could have not bumped on me in the first place, I almost fell you know and you didn't even ask for apology for that, so no another one, I'm outta here." I inhaled after the nonstop talk and turned my back on him.
 
"Wait..." He pleaded, I stopped and turned around, he was flashing a very kind smile to me, the one that you can never refuse. Now he was acting cute. Great, I was actually acting vulnerable today.
 
"Okay, I'll take the half, I'll give you half of the banana milk, that's the least I can do to ask for apology from you, so, Sorry." He said his hands clasped together.
 
I sighed. "Fine, but after that don't bother me ever again." I said with a sharp tone, hoping he would at least be scared and stop.
 
"I promise." He said.
 
I bought another one, while he watched behind me as I was paying for it on the counter, he looked as excited as he was when I was buying the first one.
 
We came back to the table where we were seated before, he opened the lid of the container and inserted the thin straw and started sipping again making all the slurping sound.
 
"I'll finish the half of it and I'll give it to you." He mumbled but he didn't let go of the straw, he started sipping again.
 
"Why were you running anyway?" I suddenly asked while watching him enjoy the liquid.
 
"They try to steal my banana milk, so I have to run for it." He reasoned out, I arched an eyebrow. That was actually an action you'll observe with a grade-schooler and not a student from the high school level like he was.
 
"How old are you anyway? Aren't you too old to act all like that?" I wondered he just looked up at me.
 
"I'm neither old nor young, I'm just me." He said as he let go of the straw and was about to offer it to me, It almost melted my heart, the way he smiled, almost...but it change into a smirk and then he ran out of the cafeteria just like that. Well like I said, almost.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
I hurried to meet Hyegun eonnie to the coffee shop her uncle owns, she said she was going to treat me hot chocolate today and anything I want, she said was celebrating her reunion with Jonghyun-oppa so I agreed it was weekend after all and I don't have anything to do at home.
 
"Eonnie!" I called as soon as I saw her sitting at the far corner of the shop, sipping slowly onto her cup of hot coffee.
 
"Wow, you're early this time, I can't actually believe it, but it's fine, at least I don't have to wait that long." She said when I was approaching, and mentioned me to sit on the chair facing her.
 
"Are you really treating me today?" She nodded.
 
"And you've got to come with me, Jonghyun is bringing someone with him maybe you'll like him if you see him." She said, I didn't mind, anyway, who knows what will happen later.
 
We ordered and enjoyed the cakes and hot drinks we had from the coffee shop and went to Han River, she said Jonghyun-oppa and his companion will around the place waiting for us.
 
We arrived after a short trip but before we actually meet them Hyegun-eonnie said something that sounds like a warning.
 
"Rinhyo-ah, maybe you should be extra patient and understanding today, I don't think everybody likes the guy's attitude."  
 
"Then why do you want me to meet him?"  
 
"'Cause you're the first one who came in my mind when Jonghyun told me that this guy needs to date to mature."  
 
"But why me?"
 
"I can't pick the other's, I mean you're the only one who's still like single at the moment, aren't you lonely that all four of us are actually dating hot guys not to mention good looking." I frowned, now that was straight to the point.
 
"Don't get hurt, maybe you're going to be the first one to like him and vice versa." She gushed pushing me from behind making me walk faster.
 
"I'm sure at least one Korean guy liked me but never confessed."
 
"Fine, someone liked you before but you have to meet him, NOW!"  
 
She took her cell phone from her pocket and started dialing, I heard the ringing until finally someone answered.
 
"We're at the Han River, where are you?" She asked.
 
"Okay, then we'll wait for you at the river we'll wait for the water to dance." Eonnie said after a little laughter and a long pause, she hang up and looked at me.
 
"He's still convincing him to meet you, but he was being difficult, he said he has someone he likes already, but the worst thing is he still doesn't know what her name was." She explained, I made a face.
 
"Is that supposed to be funny? He doesn't want to meet me so why am I still doing here?"
 
"We're going to watch the dancing water later, don't tell you're going home just because he doesnt want to meet and likes someone else, he can always change his mind, you're an ulzzang(person with a pretty face), that can manage," She complimented with a laugh.
 
"Yeah, nice one, fine I'll stay."
 
We went to sit near the river, and wait till the night came and the lights to be one and for the water dance in synchrony and also for Jonghyun and that difficult guy to actually come, but like before I didn't pay interest and talked to Eonnie as we wait, until finally they came.
 
Jonghyun held a plastic bag on his right arm, on his left was probably the guys Eonnie was talking about, he was tall and slender and he wore a baby yellow t-shirt, he was looking down on his shoe as he walk.
 
They approached us the couple greeted each with a hug, while they observe the guy Jonghyun was with.
 
"Taemin-ah, meet Rinhyo." Jonghyun started, he slowly looked up and he stopped as soon as he saw my face, and I froze when I saw his, now I didn't wonder why he sounded as difficult as eonnie said. The banana milk boy I met, no, not the right word, I encountered two days ago, the one who actually ran away because he doesnt want to share his banana milk.
 
"It's you." He mumbled still staring at me.
 
"I think so too, what are you doing here?" I asked, shifting my gaze to the couple and to him. Jonghyun patted his shoulder.
 
"So you've met before no need to introduce you to each other."  
 
"I don't know her name." He said to Jonghyun looking at each other knowingly.
 
"Introduce yourself." Eonnie ordered me.
 
"Rinhyo." I almost shouted my name, I started to feel vulnerable again.
 
"Its Taemin, I'm so sorry for what I did the last time, I hope I can make up for it." He said as he bowed 90 degrees like the change he developed right now, 90 degrees change.
 
"I have drinks, and the lights are up the waters are dancing let's watch it together." Jonghyun suggested.
 
We watched the dancing water while sitting silently side by side, me and the weird person beside me, I just can't figure him out, he just stayed still beside me.
 
Apparently the couple would be wanting time alone to themselves so they sat far but not that far away from us.
 
"I'm really sorry for what I did the last time, I feel ashamed with myself." He said, I tilted my head towards his way and smiled awkwardly.
 
"Forget it, anyway, you said you would make up for it." I said and immediately looked away.
 
"Want some?" He asked, I turned to him once again, and he was handing me a familiar container that he ran away with the first time we met.
 
"Are you serious? You're not going to cry if I take it?" I asked, he shook his head and smiled like an angel.
 
"I'm giving it to you even if it hurts a lot." He sighed, I took it while I giggled inwardly and thanked him.
 
"I have another one in my pocket anyway." He said after I opened the lid and inserted the straw, I laughed but he just smiled.
 
"You're the first one I've ever given my banana milk." He said, I looked at him again and asked him why.
 
"I like you...................................." He hummed. I cannot explain the feeling I had inside my stomach and how I wish I wasnt dreaming. Was it me that he was talking about? The one he likes but he doesnt know the name? I assumed it was me, he already said it himself.  
 
"You do?" I asked for confirmation, he frowned.
 
"Why you don't want it? Give it back to me! Give it back to me!" He cried while reaching for the container from my hand while I on the other hand trying to keep it away.
 
"Wait, wait, I didn't say anything like that, of course I like it." I said.
 
He smiled widely and started to sip on his own container of banana milk, looking up at the dancing water.
 
"Well then I do." He whispered, loud enough for me to hear, I smiled to myself.

 

 

~~~

 

agiya ka nubo lang!...update ka naman ka mga fic mo!! addik!!!