1.

My Heart Takes Over
Please log in to read the full chapter

I was walking down the street on a warm august morning. Today was the day that I had looked forward to for so long. Today was the day that I would be starting at Yonsei University. The school I had been dreaming about since a year back. I was finally here. I walked into the doors of the school property. Students were talking with each other about their summer and some were trying to find their room that would become their homes for the years to come.

“All new students must check in at the reception before 12” a man said through the speakers that were placed around campus. I looked down at my watch, it was 11. With only one hour left I decided to go to the reception. I walked up to a large map that was placed a few meters in front of me. I looked at the arrow that said ‘you are here’, I placed my finger on it and with my other hand I pointed out were the reception would be. It would take about 10 minutes to get there.

~

The line of first year students waiting to come up to reception was very long. I had been standing there for half an hour before I finally made it to the desk.

“Just hold on for a minute”

I smiled as I saw who was sitting behind the desk.

“Hey Taemin”

Taemin looked up at me and immediately smiled.

“Hanbyul, what are you doing here?”

“I’m starting here” I laughed.

“Of course you are” Taemin rubbed the back of his head, slightly embarrassed.

“Why are you working in the reception?”

“The guy that usually works here is sick so I was the lucky one to replace him” Taemin pretended to be excited. The guy behind me in line coughed, he was obviously annoyed by the small talk Taemin and I was having.

“Let me see what room you’ll get” Taemin cleared his throat as he started typing on his keyboard.

“You’ll be in room 502” Taemin handed over a key to me.

“Thank you” I smiled “I’ll see you around” Taemin waved at me as I walked towards my new home.

Finding room 502 was a lot harder than I had expected. The campus was bigger than I had remembered it. After what felt like hours walking around I finally found a door that said ‘room 500 – 550’. I let out a happy squeak before I entered. The room I entered was light pink and had black and white painting on the walls. A few girls were seated on a couch that was placed in front of a TV. I spotted a sign on the wall saying ‘500-525’ and an arrow pointing down a corridor. The first room to the left was my room. I took a deep breath before I inserted the key and turned the knob.

The room I entered was quite large. It had a kitchen area with a table for four p

Please log in to read the full chapter