Chapter 7: Saving You.

The Touch of an Angel

Seohyun was petrified from the fear coursing through her veins. Her blood had run cold and shivers began to overtake her body. The pair of eyes that stared back at her were horrifyingly familiar. What do you want from me? 

Mr. Park let out a chuckle into the quiet night. The silence in the room hung around them like a thick blanket as they stood. The harsh sound of his laugh rang into every corner of her abode. "Your eyes are so easy to read." The old man snickered but his grip on her loosened. "You should know what I want."

The confusion that Seohyun felt must have been apparent on her face as Mr. Park continued, "The money. Your parents never repaid me. So I have come to collect what they have left behind." What? My parents? 

"But they have left nothing for you, nor did they leave anything for me." Seohyun's voice portrayed none of the fear that she was writhing with inside. Confidence was never one of her strong points. 

"Repay me is what you must do. In one way or another." His icy reply made her shudder. What does he mean? What debt is he even talking about? 

Before Seohyun could utter another reply to his ridiculous claims, Mr. Park grabbed her and forcefully shoved her out the door. "Where are you taking me!" Seohyun screeched and she kicked out at the older man.

She grabbed a handful of his shirt and proceeded to claw at his hideous face, but the next thing she knew, a cloth was roughly placed over her nose and mouth. Darkness ensued. Kris. 

~~~~~~~~~~

Kris became aware of his appearance the moment he stepped out of his car. I hope she won't laugh at me. His fashionista senses became aware of his striped sweater paired with plaid sweats. This is just wonderful. 

Nevertheless, Kris hurried into the apartment building. Walking through the lobby, he saw an older man helping along a young lady around his age.

Her raven locks obscured the view of her face, and Kris casually walked past. He caught a whiff of her perfume. The scent is nice..familiar. The man let out a grunt and Kris turned to see him struggling under the girl's weight.

Her feet dragged along the ground and her limbs were stiff. It is as if she's unconscious. "Let me help you," Kris offered. Seohyun would not mind waiting for a few more minutes right? The old man shook his head fervently and stumbled along. "No, I insist."

Kris felt something was wrong with this weird situation. A man dragging along a much younger girl in the dead of night? He firmly placed an arm upon the man's shoulder and lifted the girl's other arm to help support her weight. Before he could get a firm grip, the man pushed him away harshly and quickened his pace, ambling rapidly towards the door where a sleek black car appeared. 

The confused Kris watched as the man roughly shoved the girl into the back seat. Her hair fell away and revealed an insensible Seohyun. God no. Please let that be a trick of the light. Please let it be that my vision is beginning to get weak. 

Kris dashed rapidly towards the car as the older man struggled to open the passenger side door. Kris shoved the man aside and grabbed Seohyun from the back seat. He struggled momentarily with the weight of her unconscious body but swiftly turned, attempting to run back towards the safety of the lobby. There are security guards in there right? 

Kris prayed that his instinct was right. But before Kris could take another step, he felt a searing pain shoot through his body from his stomach. He doubled over and almost dropped Seohyun. The man had recovered from the initial shock and was now pounding Kris with hardened fists. Kris turned to see if the driver would be joining in on this beating, but he only saw the shadow of a sneer along his lips. 

The man continued to beat away relentlessly and a string of horrendous curse words left his lips at every move. He continued to snicker and scream at Kris in a condescending tone. "Oh, you must love this stupid girl so so much," and "This wretched girl is worthless. You should have left her to die" were just some of the remarks the man made. 

Now if there was one thing that Kris Wu would not endure, that would be to be looked down upon. Kris had a great sense of pride and self- confidence. There would never be any sort of diffidence in his demeanor. Therefore, those outrageous accusations and insults from the man were enough to set Kris' mild temper ablaze.

His anger was magnified by the fact that the man continued to insult Seohyun. The girl did not deserve any of this nonsense and Kris felt that it was his duty to stand up for her. 

Crazed with anger, Kris stood. He towered over the man. His heartbeat was pounding in his ears and he felt the warmth of his blood along his lip. Kris glared down at the man, who stared back at him with a pair of soulless eyes. 

This frightened Kris. His eyes..are like hers. But the moment of fear was not enough to overcome his rage. The adrenaline rushed through his limbs and Kris kicked the man. Hard. 

And then he fled with Seohyun in his arms. His legs carried him swiftly into the lobby and he looked around hurriedly for the security. 

No one. Was there no night shift? Kris breathed heavily, his chest heaving.

Seohyun's weight was beginning to register and his arms ached. His heartbeat began to calm as Kris continued to take in deep breathes. His body was returning to normal, and logic was coming back to him. Kris had no plan in mind, and he had no idea where the man was. Kris had left him back in front of the apartment. 

Should I take her back to her room? Kris feared that the man would return. So Kris turned, and did the next thing he could think of under the pressure of the situation. He took her to his car. 

~~~~~~~~~~

Seohyun's eyes fluttered open to reveal nighttime Seoul. The city flew by and she attempted to sit up. She felt that she was being constricted by something and quickly jolted up, only to realize that it was a seatbelt. Why am I in a car? 

"Calm down there tiger, it's just me." 

Seohyun was pleasantly surprised at the sound of his voice. "Kris, why am I -Oh goodness," The pleasant feeling did not last long when she saw the condition his face was in. He had a cut lip and a bruised cheek. "What have you been doing?" 

Kris chuckled. "Saving you."