Chapter 15: Three Years Later

The Touch of an Angel

Seohyun was tired. After a long day of work, she had come home and was in the middle of preparing dinner. But things weren't going too well as she had already cut her finger twice while dicing tomatoes, spilled mozzarella all over the countertop, and realized that there wasn't enough milk left to make a nice serving. I guess I'll have to go out shopping.

Sighing, she put all of the cooking utensils into the sink and the diced tomatoes into an air tight container. She shuffled over to the shoe closet and was looking for a pair of boots to head out for the grocery market when the front door opened, letting in a frigid winter gust. "Kris! Please don't open the door so wide when you come home, the warm air is escaping." 

"I'm sorry dear~~ Please forgive me?" His eyes became the size of spoons as he attempted a bit of aegyo, failing miserably as every other time. She chuckled. 

"Its okay. I can keep you warm," he said, wrapping his arms around her waist.

Seohyun shrieked, "What are you doing?!?!" She jumped out of his arms and staggered back a few steps. She was still unfamiliar to these intimate acts, even though they had been living together for a while. The hand holding during walks at the park and good night pecks were all seemingly new to her, even though she had experienced them dozens of times. 

Kris chuckled, "Well you'll have to get use to it eventually, if we're going to be living together forever."

"I can find my own place too! ...When I find the money," pouted Seohyun. 

"No." 

"Eh? I can too!"

"Marry me."

Kris smiled, "I want to bother you everyday about our lack of skinship. I want to hear you complain sweetly about me opening the door too wide. I want to wrap your finger with a band-aid every time you hurt yourself. I want to be here, for you, as your best friend, as your husband. So will you, Kim Seohyun, do me the honor of taking your hand in marriage?"

Kris had been there with her, for the past four years. He had helped her through the ordeal with her parents, filling in that huge gaping hole that had been left in her. Kris had basically held her hand for a year, protecting her, caring for her. He had listened to her cry, and he had comforted her. 

Seohyun gripped his hands, staring into his eyes, so full of nervousness and love. They were warm, just like that first time.

"Yes," she replied gently, overwhelmed by a multitude of feelings. "Yes."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kris' hands were beginning to feel clammy as he stood before the altar. Luhan, his best man, was standing beside him, as cool as a cucumber. Doesn't he feel nervous for me at all? 

The past six months had flown by in a haze as he and Seohyun prepared for the wedding. He had left a lot of it to her, since she was the more organized one between the two of them. Every time he suggested to help her pick out dishes for the reception or flavors for their wedding cake, she would just laugh and tell him that she could manage. She wouldn't even let him choose his tuxedo. 

But he was thankful now that she took so much of the initiative. One day, he had followed her to buy a nice wedding dress, but only ended up being hopelessly confused. Apparently, certain colors represented certain things, such as yellow being for the seventh year anniversary.

She had picked a beautiful day, right in the middle of summer. The sun wasn't harsh today nor was the heat overbearing. A cool breeze carried the bird's song into the church as sunlight spilled in through the stained windows, printing the mahogany pews with luminous flecks of warmth. 

He heard his breathing halt, and it was as if everything was frozen for a moment when she stepped into the illuminated church.

He engraved her image into his mind, bright and flushed from excitement with the golden sunshine as her crown, Her honey brown hair was up in a delicate bun and her beautiful fingers held tightly onto a bouquet of garden roses, carnations and tulips that popped out vibrantly against her peach gown. She was breathtakingly beautiful, and the whole assembly seemed to hold their breaths as she walked down the aisle, Mr Kim by her side. It was as if an angel was among them.

The life in her eyes was so palpable, so alive that he could have sworn it had a will of its own. She was smiling and it brought him back to their first meeting, on that cold park bench. She had been dull, but now she was animated. And she was his. 

Kris looked up towards the ceiling and whispered, "Thank you," hoping that God would know the magnitude of his gratefulness. 

When she stood before him, he took her hands in his. Her hands were warm. 

As they exchanged vows, Kris recited his wholeheartedly, meaning every sentence. 

"I, Wu Kris take you, Kim Seohyun, to be my wife." I will do my job as your best friend and your husband.

"To have and to hold from this day forward." I won't ever stop loving you. 

"For better or for worse." I'll always be by your side. 

"For richer or for poorer." Anywhere with you would make me the richest man on earth. 

"In sickness and in health." I'll feed you vegetables everyday. 

"To love and to cherish." You are my greatest treasure. 

"As long as we both shall live." Forever.

Kris' hands shook slightly as he slipped the ring onto her slender finger. "Seohyun, take this ring as a sign of my commitment and fidelity to you." I promise. 

~~~~~~~~~~

"I, Kim Seohyun take you, Wu Kris, to be my husband." I will take care of you as your closest companion and your wife.

To have and to hold from this day forward." You are the only one.

"For better or for worse." You can lean on me. 

For richer or for poorer." I could be homeless if it was with you. 

"In sick and in health." One goguma everyday keeps the doctor away. 

"To love and to cherish." You are my greatest gift. 

"As long as we both shall live." For all eternity. 

Seohyun's heart beat rapidly as she slid the ring onto his beautiful finger. "Kris, take this ring as a sign of my commitment and fidelity to you." I love you.

Her heart beat pounded against her ears. Everything was like a dream. He was her angel, sent to watch over her and to love her.

"You may now kiss the bride." 

Her eyes fluttered shut as her lips met his in the most tender promise. This was their covenant.

 

 

 

 

 

 


Author's note: Thank you so much for sticking through this with me. :) It was my first fic so I really appreciate this. It has been a crazy journey and many things have happened in the time span of two months. Please watch over me ^^ and await my upcoming fics. I love you all my lovely subscribers :) and I mean it. You are all wonderful and amazing and I don't know, I'm on the verge of tears as I type this. Thank you so much.