Chapter 13: The Last

The Touch of an Angel

Mrs.Wu was ready. This was the last attempt, and she would not fail. She was going in for the kill.

~~~~~~~~~~

Mrs. Kim's knuckles turned white as she gripped onto the letter. Mrs. Wu knew. She had found out of their return to Korea. The letter wasn't simply a greeting for old time acquaintances, but it was a threat. She was after Seohyun.

Mr. Park. Park Chanyeol. The same man who had once deceived her and her husband, causing them to leave their beloved daughters, had come to warn her.

"This is my act, in repentance, for ten years ago...and causing you to leave your daughters behind. I wasn't able to help you uncover her plan then, I no longer had the means. I work for her now, and this is the last. She feeds my children. Good bye and good luck."

~~~~~~~~~~

Seohyun lay collapsed, sniffling on the ground, surrounded in Kris' arms. She didn't know how long it had been. Half an hour? Two? She was too shaken to comprehend what had just happened. Her parents were right there in front of her, this whole time.

They, the Kim couple, were her lost parents. How could I have not known? 

No one can have as clear a voice as Taeyeon-umma. No one can be as strictly gentle as Jaejoong-appa. 

She had found them. Finally, after ten years of blocking out their memories, of playing as if she raised herself. She had finally found them. Why didn't I recognize them before? They're my own parents for goodness sakes. 

But ten years had taken a toll on her. She had spent a decade trying to forget, to erase the pain of being left behind. So stuck was she in that past, that she couldn't see what was right in front of her. I'll make it up to them. 

However, just as she turned to Kris to tell him her resolution, she heard a blood-curdling scream from the receptionist desk, right outside the office room. It was the boy.

Without waiting for Kris, Seohyun darted from his arms, running towards the sound of the young child. She halted in her tracks the moment she flung open the door. 

Before her stood the same man from before. The large burly man who had almost succeeded in chasing her down, only she had managed to outsmart him in the woods. But there were no woods here. They were out in the open, in a little pharmacy. No where to exactly run, nor hide. 

The small boy was grasped helplessly in his arms, whimpering for his mother. Where is his mom? The clerk had run into the back rooms in fear. Hopefully to call help. 

"Put the boy down." Her voice was like ice. There was no other way. The child was innocent. 

The man growled. "Just put the child down. What do you want from me? We can talk this out." She attempted to remain, or at least seem, somewhat calm. But her act was slowly starting to crumble, as all the man did in return was continue to squeeze the poor child. "Please." Her voice came out in a hoarse whisper as she felt her knees slowly go weak beneath her and she began to slowly kneel, begging. 

Suddenly, she heard the sound of lacerating flesh and a deep, guttural grunt. Kris. 

~~~~~~~~~~

Warmth. Spilling. All over my leg. Kris was beginning to black out. 

He had rushed out shortly after he had heard the boy's terrified cry, hoping to help. He witnessed Seohyun's knees beginning to crumple and, for some reason, his brain wasn't being as logical as it should have been because he had rammed head on, full body into the man. He lashed out, punching the man once, twice. But before he could land a third punch, the man grabbed onto his balled fists, and his thigh was greeted with sleek, cool metal. 

"Seo--" His voice was disappearing, coming out in gasps. Is it my left or right thigh that's beginning to feel numb? Is one of my pulse sites punctured? 

He felt Seohyun's hands on his cheek, but only for a millisecond before the warmth disappeared. He vaguely witnessed her being dragged out of the office. With dimming eyes and a failing voice, he tried to call out. But she was gone. And he was alone. 

~~~~~~~~~~

Seohyun was helplessly dragged to the car, with Kris bleeding out on the pharmacy floor. She was crying and kicking and biting and scratching, hoping to free herself as the hot tears began to pour down her cheeks. I'm sorry. 

She was mercilessly blindfolded and tied, then stuffed into a moving vehicle. She heard snickers and laughter, coming from multiple directions. There had been more. Even if Kris had managed to take him out, there were more. He had back up. This was planned. Seohyun was freaking out, but still she tried to remember everything, from the number of voices to the smell of the car. 

They came to a screeching halt after making an endless number of twists and turns, probably on purpose to throw her off, and she was dragged out again. But it was windy now as if they were out in the open. She smelled the sea and heard crashing waves upon the shoreline. Where am I? There are no beaches near here. 

~~~~~~~~~~

Mrs. Wu smiled proudly as she witnessed Seohyun being led on board. Poor girl. She doesn't know what's coming. Snickering, she walked over to the "gentleman" besides her, after giving a thumbs up to Mr.Park who was the mastermind behind the abduction. He didn't seem as elated about the success. 

"Baekhyun, I have brought her to you. The money?"

She saw a smile form. "Thank you for keeping up your end. You will be rewarded in full, once I make sure she is the one I want." Seohyun was basically dragged along the deck, struggling the whole way. Mrs. Wu eyed Baekhyun, watching closely as he approached the terrified girl. The sensuous way in which he traced her cheekbones, the intensity of his gaze upon her lips told her all. She had gotten the right girl. 

She moseyed over, sidling up beside him. "I would like my money, do as you wish- after I leave." Her voice was bored and irritated, she wanted to just finish up here and go. This was her last job. Ever. Stupid rich men and their idiotic ways. 

He ignored her response however, and proceeded to removed the blindfold from Seohyun's eyes. He gaped as he took in her face. Love struck imbecile. Mrs. Wu watched as he smirked, obviously amused by the terror evident in the young girl's clear eyes. He crouched down to her level, and began murmuring inaudible things into Seohyun's ears, things that made her squirm.

It was obvious the young girl was horrified by his remarks because she began screaming outright, kicking out as best as she could at  Baekhyun. Not that she really did kicking at all, it was more like...flailing. 

~~~~~~~~~~

She shivered as he touched her cheeks. Once her blindfold was removed, Seohyun was horrified. She was on a ship, in the middle of basically nowhere.

"I'll show you true passion tonight." His disgusting voice slithered into her ear, and his eyes seemed to rake all over her. He scared her. Seohyun did not have much recollection of this young man, but his voice was still very much intact in her memory. Someone with a slimy voice. 

She shivered, as his warm breath hit her ear. "You'll be mine forever." He began whispering into her ear many other dirty and revolting things. The anger that she normally kept cool overcame her logic, and she kicked out, only to remember that she was quite tied down. Baekhyun laughed, almost hysterically, "You can't escape. I've finally gotten you. I'm not letting you go again." What does he mean again? 

Seohyun remembered then, the same focused stares, the scary, relentless letters and the random gifts at her doorstep. This was him. Byun Baekhyun. A former coworker when she was an intern at a hospital. He had confessed to her endlessly, persistently. She had refused his offers multiple times, politely but firmly. He obviously didn't get the point. 

She glared back at his smiling face, with so much hatred it could have burned him. He obviously didn't fear heat because he continued to gaze back at her, almost lovingly. "I hate you. What do you want?"

He smiled. "You of course." She turned away, refusing to look at him. Seohyun would not be dealing with this ridiculous person, who thought that kidnapping was the way to someone's heart. 

She heard him whimper like a kid, and his feet stomping on the ground, hard. "SEOHYUN! LOOK AT ME!" He bellowed, and it frightened her. He had the mindset of a five year old, and now he was throwing a tantrum. Great, My captor is a tad bit crazy. 

He grabbed her shoulder, shaking her violently. "It hurts." His grip was becoming stronger, almost as if he wanted to crush her. Right then, the lady with bright red heels stepped in. 

"I will tell her to speak to you, once you have paid me." He obviously did not understand because Seohyun heard him scream once more, with hostile fury.

"I just want to speak to her. Move Mrs. Wu." Mrs. Wu?....Kris Wu? Seohyun was trying to link things together. This can't be his mother. Right? 

"No. Pay me. Now." Mrs. Wu's voice was business, and this seemed to be her last straw.

"Get out of my damn way you ." He just unleashed the door to hell. Seohyun had turned back around just in time to witness Mrs. Wu whip out a gun, cocking it and aiming it straight for Baekhyun. Everyone froze. 

"Now give me my money, and I'll spare you. If not, you're dying right here."

Baekhyun cackled. "If you kill me, where will you get the money then?"

Mrs. Wu laughed, "I love money, And you're not the only one who would pay for this girl. Look at her. The months I've spent devising a plan to successfully abduct her have come to fruition. This is your last chance, choose her or choose to be a dead man." Seohyun saw fear in his eyes as he registered the truth. Mrs. Wu didn't need him. 

She's been planning this for months? Since I met Kris? She was flabbergasted, horrified, shocked. Kris isn't involved. Kris doesn't know. Kris is Kris. Kris is innocent. It's just his mom. 

"So what? The money?" Baekhyun knelt to the ground and it was as if he had lost his soul by the empty look in his eyes. "I don't have it. I gambled it all yesterday at a casino."

"WHAT?" Mrs. Wu shrieked. Seohyun shut her eyes as a shot rung out, loud and clear, followed by a high-pitched scream and a dull thud upon the ship deck. 

"This is the end of the line for you, Mrs. Wu. You are under arrest under charges for multiple cases of kidnapping and murder." 

Appa.