Chapter 9

Special to Me: Fickle Visions

There is something good about this void.

Although I don't feel good at all.

~

My eyes shot open as my stomach twisted in knots. I jumped out of bed and scrambled to the bathroom as fast as I could make it.

In the kitchen, Kai was making something on the stove and Sehun was sitting at the table. Both turned, startled at my sudden disruption. I didn't care, I was going to be sick.

Once inside I didn't bother to shut the door, I could only vomit my entire insides into the toilet bowl in hopes it would make everything better.

"What happened?" Kai started rubbing my back.

No answer, I just kept being sick. What a God-awful taste.

He stopped rubbing and left to get something, but Sehun came in chewing on a grilled cheese sandwich. Peering down at my mess he accidentally dropped it in. A whimper, then a hand reaching down to get it.

"Don't do that-" I was too late, his hand was covered in it. Sighing, I took the dirtied limb and jerked it over to the sink, washing away the filth. My filth.

His crying stung my ears, and I quickly dried him off, flushing the toilet too. Kai soon came back out.

"I-"

"Sorry, a-about the bathroom."

He shook his head, "No, it's fine. Come on, lie down."

Sehun tugged my shirt before I could follow through with his offer. He looked up and rubbed his tummy in a counter-clockwise motion.

Right, I flushed his lunch.

Kai smiled and bent down on his knees, "I can make you another one Sehunnie. Don't cry, ok? It makes your daddy sad."

He didn't just use his sweet voice, but he communicated in sign language to better the message.

I blinked, astounded by his tact. This kid...

Sehun nodded violently with tears in his eyes, as if saying 'I want my sandwich, please!' The frustration was getting to his brain.

"I need to take him home, he isn't comfortable here," I decided.

"It's ok, he's been good all morning."

"Don't you...don't you have class?" I asked.

He nodded, "I can miss one day. You, go lie down."

He led me into his room and pushed me into bed (not like he did that night) despite my complaining. Sehun followed, stripping and pulling on his pajamas as if it were bedtime.

"Great, now he's confused. He must still be hungry," I sighed.

"It's fine, I'll wake him up in twenty minutes, when I make a grilled cheese. Then he'll go right back to bed. Here," He took out some damp towels that I assumed he got while I was in the bathroom and placed one on my head, "Keep this on to cool your body down."

Kai turned to leave but I grabbed his hand out of sheer impulse.

"Why are you doing this?" I whispered. He was being so, so kind.

A smile spread upon Kai's face.

"Don't you remember? I'd do anything for Lu Han."

_______________________

I will update again later this week...