An Old Friend

Special to Me: Fickle Visions

Darkness fell into my eyes

 

And at the same time I was falling into it.

 

~

 

I stood in front of him, staring like an idiot. He was so...so...

 

"You are so tan!" I gaped, "How the hell are you not burnt up?"

 

Kai laughed and shook his head.

 

"I was working for a contractor last summer so I was in the sun all the time. But really, you have gotten so pale. Are you sick?"

 

I felt a Sehun wack his little hand on my leg and he looked up, not being able to see above the counter placed between me and Kai. I scooped him up and turned his head forward.

 

"Oh, this is my son. Sehun, this is Kai. Do you want to say hello?"

 

The teen behind the glass waved and smiled, but Sehun held no interest. He turned back to me and dug his head into my neck for comfort.

 

"I'm sorry Kai, he's, um..."

 

"Chanyeol told me was autistic, don't worry about it. But...he isn't like Tao."

 

Someone behind me tapped my shoulder and I turned to see a woman tapping her foot impatiently with a raised eyebrow. "You gonna see a movie or what? I don't have all day."

 

"Here you are sir, enjoy your movie," Jongin said from the window, sliding the tickets under the gap and smiling. He had a pen behind his ear now.

 

I carried Sehun inside, and as the ticket man kindly and subtly pointed out, he had written on the back of my ticket.

 

I get off at 3, when your movie ends. Let's go grab coffee?

 

~

 

"I didn't know you still talked to Chanyeol," I mused, taking a sip of my mocha.

 

"Of course I do! The lucky, um, guy may have graduated early, but  that doesn't mean I'd stop pulling him along for adventures," He but his lip, embarrassed for almost swearing in front of a child.

 

Sehun sat down on my lap and sipped his orange juice, ignoring everything around him.

 

"What sort of adventures did you take him on?" I asked while brushing Sehun's hair out of his face.

 

"Well let's see...one time I snuck into Dong Bang Shin Ki's concert backstage. He was crying and worried we would get arrested."

 

"You liar."

 

He grinned, caught.

 

"Ok it was a Big Bang concert."

 

I rolled my eyes. In all these years he'd rarely changed. Even though he had jet black hair now, along with a firmer build and tanner skin, he was still such a kid.

 

"That woman was so rude in line, we were in the middle of a reunion. Granted it would have been much more dramatic if we had cried and embraced. They may have made a movie about it."

 

"Reunited by space monsters? Like that title?" I raised my eyebrow.

 

 

Kai burst into laughter and I let out a laugh too. Sehun reached for my coffee cup, that I had previously put down, and brought it to his lips.

 

"You won't like the taste," I warned.

 

Ignored once again, he tipped it forward and drunk a big gulp, immediately spitting it out over the floor.

 

I groaned, this happened every time I ordered coffee with him. He never liked it but he kept drinking it. But now Kai had seen.

 

Getting down on my knees, I took some napkins and started wiping up the mess. To my surprise, Kai joined me.

 

"You don't have to do that-"

 

He shook his head, "I don't mind."

 

After we were done, we sat back down as if nothing had happened, thankfully.

 

"Sehun...how severe is he?"

 

I paused for thought, "He...he can't speak. We use index cards to communicate with him. And he wears a diaper, even though he's already four..."

 

Now I was getting really embarrassed. Before I never had to explain this, Soomi laid it out in so many scientific terms I had trouble understanding it. sehun was just...my son.

 

Kai nodded, "Can he understand me?"

 

"Not really. He likes pictures more than words. Here-" I took out my phone and switched on the camera, "strike a pose, for future reference."

 

True to my words, he held up the traditional peace sign and wore a big smile. I snapped the photo with a click! and turned back to Sehun.

 

"Next time you meet Kai, you'll remember him, ok?"

 

Again, an expressionless face.

 

"How hard was it, when you found out?"

 

Kai's question startled me. No one...had ever asked me that before.

 

"It's...we're getting by. Soomi and I are very patient. We're even expecting a second child, my daughter Daeyoung."

 

His eyes popped open, "Your wife is pregnant again?"

 

I blushed, "Yeah, but it would be good for us. Sehun needs someone to connect with. We as parents can only do so much."

 

Kai smiled again.

 

"Your daughter is going to be as pretty as you."

 

My face darkened, "Watch it, I can't beat you up with my kid here."

 

He laughed like a maniac, rolling into himself and wiping imaginary tears.

 

"But Sehun's just as pretty! Genetics don't lie~"

 

Sehun stared at the happy teenager for a minute before reaching up for his cup of hot chocolate.

 

"Hey, that isn't yours," I gently took it away but the waterworks came anyway.

 

"He can have some, I don't mind," Kai said, suddenly calm and watching my son in fascination.

 

Sehun grabbed the cup again and took a big gulp, draining it of all its liquid and setting it back down, just to resume crying.

 

"I'm sorry," I apologized again, taking him and rocking him back and forth in my arms to shush him.

 

Kai shrugged, "I think he's adorable. Truthfully I'm jealous, he's got all your attention."

 

"You're too clingy."

 

"But you love me~"

 

I wish I knew what he meant by that the time he said it.

 

________________________

 

;A; why does everyone hate the second child?

 

Oh I also need to tell you luhan is very oblivious and stupid so he doesn't even know Jongin's feelings. This sequel is about Lu Han falling in love with Jongin, he isn't already.

 

I'm sorry it took so long I got really sick for a few days and I'm not feeling so hot now. /iamfabulous/ so until next time! Love you all and I LOVE COMMENTS! ^^