New Occurences

Special to Me: Fickle Visions

 

I concentrate all of my energy into wiggling my foot.

I'm suddenly not helpless, in this world of black.

~

The next morning, things were less lagged and Soomi had more hype than she usually did.

"I have this idea where if I sell some of the frames in the house, we can put the pictures in scrap books and save some money! What do you think?"

I raised an eyebrow, "You make it sound like we're on the verge of losing the house."

She shook her head.

"No no that isn't what I mean at all. But what's going to happen in a crisis, hm? What if a hurricane or an earthquake hits? I want to be prepared!"

Sehun walked out of the living room, having shed his pants to where he now wore just his diaper. I took a deep breath and fetched them, only to have him run into the bathroom to escape.

"Do you think it's his way of telling us it's too hot?" Soomi asked.

I shrugged, Sehun held too many mysteries.

"We can pick up a hand held fan sometime and test it. I'm more worried about him taking every drink he sees. What if next time it's alcohol?"

"Dr. Kyungsoo says we should just watch carefully for now as his habits are building. Sehun gets tired and naps when the TV is on, should we get him a dvd player when he's older?"

"We'll cross that bridge when we get there. Are you tired?"

"Nah, but she's kicking. Come over here."

I got up to the other side of the table and knelt down to place my hand on her tummy. The thuds were faint, but they still startled me.

I hugged my wife as Sehun came back out. He must've felt left out because he immediately ran to us and pulled her away from me.

"Sweetie," she giggled.

My phone buzzed and I was pleased to see my alarm went off.

"I'm going to go talk to Minseok today. Do you want me to pick up some food for you guys?"

"I want Persian food," she replied immediately.

Persian food, in Korea. Of course.

~

"I try to keep the little kids away from him because they wouldn't understand, but other than that there's no problem. He even likes relearning everything I've already taught him. Why don't you swing by and drop off your son one of these days?"

I shook my head, "He'd be out of his comfort zone, I could never do that to him. Besides, I can't let Tao know I'm checking up on him."

Minseok rolled his eyes and kicked the punching bag again, "You're his brother, why should you be held back for caring?"

I looked down into my lap, "Kris found out at probably the worst time that I'm not the best brother, he is."

"Did you guys have another fight? What was it about this time?"

I shook my head, "Kris is just stupid."

"Hmph. Well how about I try to get Sehun comfortable with me first before he can attend here? The kid needs some sort of outlet."

I bit my lip, "I'll talk to Soomi about it."

"Ah I see," he grinned, "Anyway, I have a great job opportunity for you! The pay is amazing and all you have to do is play CDs. One slight catch..."

He took out the flyer and I gulped reading the name.

"I've...never heard of this place."

"Liar. It's totally worth it, you can get free drinks and you'll be behind a door in case any drunks think you're hot."

"How did he get from owning an ice cream parlor to owning this place?!" I exclaimed.

Minseok burst into laughter before suddenly quieting down.

"Lu, take the job, you're going to need it anyway."

I groaned, knowing he was right. I already knew babies were expensive.

"And...I do wish you would visit during the week. When Tao's in a competition, he keeps scanning the audience, looking for someone."

My fist was clenched so hard the knuckles turned white.

"Maybe next time."

~

When I returned home, my mom and Soomi were sitting at the table drinking coffee. Sehun was on the kitchen floor taking apart his toy cars.

"Lu Han, he shouldn't be playing with such small toys. Sehun could choke on them!"

I let out a deep breath. My mother wasn't the best person I got along with. Even in childhood, I liked my dad more. She only had time for Kris and Tao.

"He hates plastic in his mouth, it's tough to even get him to brush his teeth."

She grumbled, "When Tao was little he never played with these kind of toys."

"My son isn't Tao," I challenged.

Soomi sat straight up, putting on her best smile.

"You know, I love working with Kris. He is so patient, even with our rudest customers. The man has aged so much these past two years."

Mom nodded, calming herself down, "He has a lot to put up with."

Well gee mom, glad to know you valued your baby so much.

I grabbed a chair and sat in between them, Sehun playing behind me.

"I am going to hate getting old," I muse.

Mom narrowed her eyes, "You and your brother have completely switched personalities. Before, you were responsible and loving. Now you don't even talk to either of them."

Yes, it was obviously my fault.

"I think Sehun and I should play in his room," Soomi knew better that to try and stop our fights or even get between them. It was best if we fought it out. So she grabbed Sehun and gently pulled him away, carrying some of his cars into his room.

"What happened to my precious son? Where did that courageous boy go? I don't see him anymore..."

That little boy ed up.

A sigh, "I don't hate them, I just have too much going on right now, that's all."

"I know it may seem like Tao only cares about Kris, but they both love you-"

I cut her off, "I know that mom, that isn't the problem at all. Sometimes people just say things they don't mean, and then they have to pay the consequences, ok?"

She eyed me warily, almost about to cry.

"I hope you pay in full."

__________________________

^^ this Friday I should be done with my documentary. I'll put up the trailer for this arc tomorrow because my laptop is on the other side of the room and no just no.

Please tell me your thoughts~ I really do love talking to you all and your questions are good! I'll try to answer them all through the story! bye guys~ have a fun weekend!